Java over Golang

I've learned Golang a little over the past year.

But I am ready to put everything I have into a single
language and go into freelancing asap.

I'm considering changing over to Java since there seem to be more freelancing jobs. Plus, you can easily create
desktop gui apps which is not so easy in Go.

Is this a good choice.

Also, yes I do understand that there are more Indians doing Java and that
drives the cost down. But I'm assuming they are shit, so quality over quantity.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x800, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@javachampions/java-is-still-free-c02aef8c9e04
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sure, Java is great. Whatever makes you happy, honey. Good luck out there.

>t. Rajesh

the demand for java devs is HUGE. Just go over some job market websites and see for yourself how many more java jobs there are than for any meme language shilled on g

In my area (choice of languages I would do for a living):
>Java 2200 open positions
>Python 760
>JS >3000 (a lot of web trash)
>C 590
>Rust 0
>Haskell 0
>Clojure 2
>Forth 0.000000000003 (My uni professor is looking for an intern that knows forth lmao)
>Lisp 3

If you are looking for a job, java is a solid choice. Also it's a nice language IMO and everyone hating on it is some Jow Forums weeaboo that has to form an identity around muh language rather than usecase

>desktop gui apps
yeah nah
it's all about web applications these days. luckily Java is very good for that

>doesn't realize searching for java returns hits for javascript
No one cares about your legacy shit, pajeet.

No... no it doesn't. How about your don't imagine things that other people do on undisclosed websites

This is very true. I'm a Java developer looking for new Java guys now. We have 10 open positions that we can't fill because Java isn't "hip".

That's a big area. Must be punjab. Boi where's the C#?

How can you tell a desirable java developer from some kid who's knows another OO language fairly well and is winging it? Would it even matter after a few weeks?

I wouldn't want to work in a windows environment

ask if they know about functional interfaces. It's super fucking niche even for experienced java people to know the ins and outs of them

Are there any good resources to learn Java? All the ones I've found assume that I don't know how to program or is too pajeet.

basic java you can go over some lecture material of unis or any online stuff you want. They usually start from scratch.

In reality java is (much like JS) a framework infested pile of crap. You'll want to get into JUnit, Mockito, JPA, Hibernate, Spring etc etc.

And any online resource for those things are literally INFESTED with indians. I am not even kidding.

Is it true Oracle has made the JDK paid instead of free?

I just look for smart people that are hungry and willing to learn. Recently hired this kid just because he mentioned he was using dl4j at a Spark conference. He wrote a lot of stuff in Clojure (React) and some Javascript addons for Atom. I don't care if you are a Java pro. I just want someone smart and who is always trying to learn new stuff. Java is just a language at the end of the day with a great ecosystem.

medium.com/@javachampions/java-is-still-free-c02aef8c9e04

There was some nonsense Oracle was trying to pull by suing people for using their standard libraries and demanding subscriptions while deprecating Open JDK.
Everyone told them to fuck right off and moved over to Open JDK, which is now maintained by Redhat.

Java, right now, is maybe more free than ever before. But I understand the confusion. It will settle down in time.

And what about Java as it relates to freelancing? Large companies tend to use java more so than startups. Are they less likely to use freelancers?

This is true, actually. But Java is a language with staying power. You'll still be able to get a Java job in 15-20 years, whereas you don't get that with meme languages.

Yes but I am after freelance gigs or remote long term work. I am now considering c# vs java. I like the multiplatform java gui possibilities. And I am on linux. Jetbrains is native for linux. Visual studio would need to be in a vm.

To be honest, java is a pretty good language, and good for development. Many people say it's verbose, but not that bad. I tried kotlin, but it had too many syntax sugar, probably the same for Go, I think. But I'd go for C#, if I could, because it's cleaner than java.

go is a fag programming language. No new programming languages were needed after about 1995.

c# has a nicer, more modern syntax, but java is often better supported by server programs such as Kafka and so on, and has better support on Linux. That is why large tech companies often choose Java over c#, and why enterprises often choose c# over java (they don't run linux or need anything complex).

Who uses F#?

Have your considered using Kotlin? You can write it in a Java style and cut down on the boilerplate that is often off-putting. We recently made the switch and it has made writing code far more fulfilling. For me Kotlin has allowed me to focus on the functionality more, rather than dealing with Java's rough edges. The biggest challenge with Kotlin is you need new QA tooling, checkstyles and SpotBugs don't work that well. You are better off using Gradle (groovy) over Maven. The tooling isn't quite as fluid for Maven, particularly since detekt only has an official Gradle plugin.

me

spbp

learn xnxx, good power

Java isn't Boeing compliant (whatever the hell that means).

Kotlin isn't*

Basically with Java you have job safety until you die.

Not only people have not stopped writing Java, Indians are shitting even more and more broken code that will require decades to fix and maintain

Attached: lang.png (1000x1000, 135K)

For guis in go you could just use electron , not to mention there are bindings for qt and gtk(the gtk bindings are not complete atm).

.net core runs perfectly on linux. Get with the times boomer

I highly doubt that.

You mean predicate consumer function etc?
Lul