I'm no windowsfag but why do people act like end of support means "software ded"

I'm no windowsfag but why do people act like end of support means "software ded"
Win 7 will be perfectly fine and usable for years after support ends as long as you aren't retarded with basic tech security.

Attached: 300px-Windows_7_SP1_screenshot.png (300x225, 64K)

wrong and sad

people still use 98, 2000 and XP just fuckin fine

either because they are paid to or because they are brainwashed to do this without being paid

Critical holes will be found the day after support ends. If you aren't "retarded with basic tech security" you'll stop using Windows 7 when that happens.

No responsible person would dare use those machines on the open internet for anything sensitive
Hell its pretty irresponsible just to have one of those machines on the same LAN as another machine that does handle sensitive data

most of the people I see going nuts about end of support just shitpost and youtube, so theres really no issue with those usecases

>implying you have data anyone is interested

retard

and they're getting owned on the daily, user...

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 317K)

Are you a hacker?

> Windows XP
> SP2
> x86

Attached: tumblr_oo7w1b1nE31t92wp3o1_500.png (500x281, 136K)

The only people that actually care are shills

nope that's the bad part, the state of XP is so bad that it's this easy to wreck

it's shooped
my xp machine is off atm

They are window$ 10 shills

you are the duality of Jow Forums pls kindly kys
be our savior

>people still use 98, 2000 and XP just fuckin fine
I don't. I needed an XP desktop to use a dedicated piece of hardware & software on. Trying to get drivers for everything is a nightmare.

People don't understand just how much manufacturers don't give a fuck about some autist still trying to use Windows 2000 daily because it's what he grew up with.
I can understand why people are getting upset about support ending for 7 at Microsoft but I'm sure we're already at the point where people have stopped supporting it.

windows 10 shills are like those people who buy a new car every year because they're under the impression it'll help them in some way, even though a 10yo corolla does the exact same thing even if it requires just a bit more maintenance. "new good old bad" is just as bad as "old good new bad", reject both mentalities and instead approach life by asking yourself "what is this helping me accomplish? why did i get this?"

you're right user, but realistically i'd say by 2025 windows 7 will be dead. not even because of microsoft specifically but at that point software developers are gonna think "well the marketshare is low because of windows 10 sheep and ms doesn't officially support it anymore so why develop for it". it sucks, windows 7 was the best operating system ever made, or at the very least the best version of windows ever made

this isn't true, but i'd say it was up until like 2015. i used windows xp until around january 2014 and it worked alright, but after trying to install it on my T410 last year for nostalgia's sake that was an absolute nightmare to do

never had trouble, i have windows updates off anyway so it's not like anything will have changed for me. name one time there's been some major exploit that broke everybody's machine in the past 10 years which couldn't easily be remedied by yourself

truth, there's hardly any benefit to upgrading to windows 10 so i don't really understand the pressure to upgrade. i don't care about dx12. to me it's a clunkier system and the inconsistent ui design is really unappealing, people who think windows 10 looks good unironically have no taste. you could say "yeah people said that about aero back then" but at least aero had consistency. programs with flat guis (ie. discord) look better in windows 7, than programs with traditional guis (fl studio) look in windows 10

hell, windows 10 would be 10x better if you could just use the classic theme (exactly how it was in 7)

Attached: dogthinkin.jpg (960x960, 134K)

I still work with XP and 2000 daily and have never experienced a problem with them. They're on computers used to support legacy fabrication machines that unfortunately won't work with modern operating systems for a variety of reasons, mainly driver support. We could spend upwards of 300-400 million dollars replacing our equipment, of use what works until the day it stops. But one thing is for certain. I would never plug any of these machines into the internet. Any time they have to connect to our local network they are firewalled like fucking crazy as many times as we can possibly get away with. You'd have to be a special kind of retard to use operating systems this old and this insecure on the open internet.

When they end support does that mean it won't spend 20 minutes updating every time I use it?

>windows 7 was the best operating system ever made
XP would like a word with you

eh you're right i'd say they're about even on the windows tier list

Fuck you kiddie, Running Metaspolit doesn't make you a hacker.

OMFG mods

>gets into your computer with an exploit from the web
>deletes your works
>damages your Windows so it's unbootable
Something personal, kiddo

Why is Microsoft not making any new Windows OSs?

as of 2019 win10 finally holds a larger amount of users than win7 but it's still about 40%win 7 users and 50%win 10 users. The other 10% is macOS and linux distros

Also xp has official support up to 2023 if you pay for it, same as win 7 pro, ultimate and enterprise will be suported till 2023 if you pay about 300 shekels.

>sp2
>nx manually set to alwayson
im sceptical

>Laser cutter uses a Windows NT pc
>Thing is a fucking mess constantly clashing with our DC
Currently at work posting from the phone. Fighting this fucker right now actually, can't get it to connect to any network shares, even with SMB1.0 enabled across the board.

Nevermind the extended paid support, POSReady embedded 7 updates which are compatible with regular Windows 7 editions are supported till late 2021.

Attached: Capturar.PNG.714897d390c2355727d763ce939e4b41.png (767x102, 6K)

welp I gots 2 years then till I will have to go full linux

I use mint on my other system but it just ain't win7

Mint is as bloated as a mexican who enjoys anal inflation after eating 50 burritos
Absolute shit tier distro

I imagine it's partly due to how insecure and flawed Intel CPU's are these days. A huge chunk of the population uses Intel since they sacrificed security and cut corners to get what performance edges it might have versus AMD CPU's. Kind of sad how vulnerable they are at this point. There's not much you can do at this point either except to switch to AMD.