A lot of odroid boards

I have a ton of xu4 and MC1 what can I purpose them for?

Attached: odroidxu4.jpg (1280x720, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

debu.gs/entries/inferno-part-3-let-s-make-a-filesystem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mount one to the back of a cheap monitor, and set it up to show news articles from a set of RSS feeds with autoscroll?

I'm thinking something grandeur in nature. Just not sure what.

Home automation project?

Im thinking making them crawl and collect data.

dust collector

Use them to end the white genocide of 2019

Gotta be creative, what would you do with well over 400 cpu cores?

Sell me one for $5

They're not useful for their computational power; any PC can crawl better than Odroids. Their strength is low power and small size. How about integrating one with a car or bicycle? Or powering it with solar panels?

What usages are there for bulk Odroids?

Port 9front to them and run a cluster.

Where do we go when they are a cluster?
Utilize as messaging service?

The only real use for that many is building a product out of them and selling them. Maybe something with quadcopters or computer vision or untethered VR.

Make it public so people can use it's computing power if they need so? I don't know if it's possible honestly, but using it to compile packages for Linux machines would be neat.

That's a good idea. untethered VR seems interesting concept. Is cloud computing nonviable?

Love this idea. This is money right here. Keeps the tax shelter running! This is gold get the public tax and grant money to offer learning opportunities to the community!!!! GENIUS

The XU4s are ideal for emulation. They'll actually play dreamcast games smoothly. Other than that they aren't overly useful.

Emulation seems viable purpose and distribute them as "gaming bundles."

debu.gs/entries/inferno-part-3-let-s-make-a-filesystem
> You can share computes ... by somewhat more specialized systems like distcc, SETI@Home, Folding at Home, or GIMPS.
It won't make money but you can get a small sense of satisfaction from it.

BOINC compute nodes + gridcoin?

Nah I've already mined enough of what I want. I want to move a different way, and re-purpose for something service based or sell as purposed machines.

Gridcoin isn't worth fuck. I should have sold when it was 10c each.

>9front
>cluster

t. linux user