Internet Anniversary

So Jow Forumsentlemen, it's been 30 years since the world wide web was created. I feel like the human race has changed drastically since its inception, almost like when we made the wheel, or fire. Technology has made a huge leap in these past decades, with smartphones and an always connected society. Web-based services are now an integral part of our lives. Children will never know a world without the internet, and it is a strange perspective to imagine.

So, where do you see the web headed in the next 30 years?

Attached: download.png (601x220, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot
youtu.be/gqDvLeG1pgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Down the shitter.

/thread

Same thing that happened here but worse

Attached: 1508560537449.jpg (900x2002, 470K)

I don't even want to know what the next 30 years are going to look like. Know a days it looks pretty shitty with all the people using smartphones and social media.

Don't go to Google tomorrow

fpbp

No shit, it's my birthday today too.

>conflating "sites" with "top level domains"

>Internet Anniversary
>world wide web
Two different things, user.
Where did you come from, reddit? After reading the daily normie news?

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

faggot the traffic of those "other" "small" websites has also more or less increased. Its only that more and more people have become Internet users and for most people facebook is all they want to use.

15 years ago it was fucking stupid to be on the internet with your real name etc etc, now its mandatory if you want to function in a society. only one way i guess?

>Other websites have increased too
>Everyone only uses facebok

Q. What do you call someone who is unable to grasp the finer distinctions in life?

A. merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot

Websites are 3 dimensional.

Attached: o517952.png (1600x1200, 191K)

I really miss the web of the 2000s, esp the early 2000s. It was decentralised, properly anonymous [in parts], full of interesting material, it was exciting, fresh, innovative.

I started to notice the changes when Microsoft killed MSN Messenger and everyone moved over to Facebook. That caused a big change. Also the death of Stumble Upon was a big loss, making it harder to find niche websites.

In the next 30 years? Increasingly comsumerist, locked down and probably run or even owned by just one or two corporations. I imagine nothing bigger than Google will come along though, they are looking well into the future - generations ahead - and into total dominance. It's like something out of Robocop.

What will become of MS is difficult to say, but they still dominate the desktop market massively and Google efforts in that area haven't been close to as successful.

Attached: 1024px-OCP_logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 22K)

These predictions always came true but way less exagerated, dramatic and just plain boring.

>I started to notice the changes when Microsoft killed MSN Messenger and everyone moved over to Facebook.
That happened WAY before MS killed MSN.

This

Also thread theme : youtu.be/gqDvLeG1pgU

Joking aside I'm happy we have had the last 30 years of the Internet mostly to ourselves and now the rest of the world has joined we only have a few bastions like this left so here's to you, I'll miss the good times.

>now
The rest of the word has been here since the mid/late 2000's.

Well I'd say it only really went to shit in the last 5-10 years. But I get what you mean. The only place the Internet feels like the Internet again is the dark web so might see how the onion chans are doing.

I think that they are dramatic but the gravity of their essence just becomes normalised.

For instance, the Snowden revelations were extremely dramatic, but even at the time may people were like just like, "meh". Now we all know that are data is harvested and sold on, but most people just don't care and they think data abuse is just uninteresting. They are more interested in taking sexts over Snapchat, they don't care if it's on some cloud somewhere and they don't even own the photos as long as it feeds their ego.

"are data" - I meant "our data", written in a rush.

We live in a time we're nothing shocks anymore and it feels by design. Look at the coverage for shootings, wars, terrorist attacks. No one gives a fuck, we have become so desensitise to it we are willing to let our governments take away our rights and let companies listen to our conversations to sell us more toilet paper or some shit. Humanity is fucked.

>2029
I really miss the web of the 2010s, esp the early 2010s. It was decentralised, properly anonymous [in parts], full of interesting material, it was exciting, fresh, innovative.

I started to notice the changes when Facebook messenger shut down and everyone moved over to xxxxxxxx. That caused a big change. Also the death of Reddit was a big loss, making it harder to find niche websites.

> So, where do you see the web headed in the next 30 years?
To hell.

Hyper-capitalized and completely consumerist. Big Brother will be watching your every move through it even more so than now. Complete and full hijack by government for surveillance and political gain. You won't be able to even log on to your PC without seeing ads, you'll have advertising at boot up probably.

Already, your information was hijacked during the last round of Senate and House elections, I got robo called and texted fucking DAILY. I was never so infuriated in my fucking life ever as I was the last two weeks before the election. Imagine how bad it's gonna be in 30 years.

>I'll be 33 in August
Jeez , I'm older than the www, now I feel sad.

Dude google didn't exist 30 years ago. I remember when it came out and kids argued whether yahoo or google was better and google won and then attacked the internet.
Google and facebook are cancer.

>I really miss the web of the 2010s, esp the early 2010s. It was decentralised, properly anonymous [in parts], full of interesting material, it was exciting, fresh, innovative.
>muh nostalgia posting
Except none of this is even remotely close to the truth in the 2010s, even Jow Forums has gone to shit, full of normalfags, edgy 14 year olds and spergs, Jow Forums in particular is one of the most disgusting consumerist boards in existence, very little about technology is discussed outside of a few generals.

>You won't be able to even log on to your PC without seeing ads
If you use Windows, probably. Kinda already happening with Windows 10 non-enterprise.