Mom found my encryption key and won't give it back

>mom found my encryption key and won't give it back
>now how do I decrypt my 4TB HDD filled with hentai

Attached: 110652.png (1280x720, 696K)

>encrypting your entire drive with the same key
You deserve everything that's happening to you.

why were you hiding your hentai?

go into autistic rage and destroy the house till mommy gives it back

Attached: AepKfFQ.png (500x500, 130K)

>Can’t live without his Hentai
Fuckin’ plebeian.

This is why I use something like a common media file in a common format as my encryption keys. For example, an mp3 that got over shared on Napster is a decent candidate. You could also do something like an ebook from the Gutenberg project. Just make sure whatever you do, you remember exactly the specs of the file since if even one bit is different it will break.

Here's another example: a lossless rip of a favorite song that was released on compact disc. Shouldn't be too hard to recreate a lossless "Hotel California" but remember that if you ever lose your key and do need to recreate it, you would need the exact same recording and any digital differences would break it (for example, a fixed bug in your ripping software could produce a different file)

Oh yeah, also
Rape your mom or GTFO of her house. For real dude, stop making your mom sad, she's gonna turn into a crazy cat lady

rape her

So you stay in /b/ all day?

Format the drive and use password next time

> rape her
> don't make her sad

WTF is this shit? How does your mom "take" your encryption key? Did you write it down and then never memorize it?

full-disk encryption is the only way to provably own your data. You never know what sensitive data programs may be writing to your disk unencrypted. Of course, this all goes out the window if you're a small-minded fool like the OP.

>Son, I'm CIA

Attached: 235253902037202.jpg (640x853, 92K)

>over 18
>live with mom

So why did she take it anyway? Does she know what it's for? Just share some hentai with her and she'll probably stop being such a cunt

>actually believing his mom knows what an encryption key is, let alone "taking" it

Attached: 1549981694613.png (380x380, 235K)

My mom has my backup encryption key even if she does not know what it is.

Attached: yubikey2.jpg (2880x1920, 575K)

give it back Jamaal

So why don't you seduce her into giving it back

>mom found the Spoiler zero-days because dad's opsec is shit
>all the computers in the house are assumed compromised so I have to post from the library with the homeless
This is Meltdown all over again.

>not having your entire algorithm solvable with a key memorized by heart
bad opsec is bad.

>not seducing your mother

Attached: 14188723805882.gif (255x255, 756K)

How much time does it take to decrypt if it has 128bit encryption?
Considering guy knows cracking and has knowledge.

Since OP knows what is on it and probably can find some stuff again a chosen plain text attack is possible. OP could get real lucky and remember his first download and the drive has been filled up sequentially.

Your mom loves getting the D rough and we all know it

>a chosen plain text attack is possible
Any modern cipher protects against this and you can win a few bits at most. But it doesn't matter if its 2^128 or 2^120 it's still way too large to brute force.