AMAZON

What's it like working for Amazon, Jow Forums? I have applied there and will have my first phone interview on Thursday. Is it really as bad as they say?

Attached: 1537735978561.jpg (240x240, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/30/accidents-at-amazon-workers-left-to-suffer-after-warehouse-injuries
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They literally put people in cages.

crazy hours. my friends have to clock in at 5

Imagine the smell.

Attached: 1550780083963.jpg (891x1024, 229K)

Depends on the role, my dad got an offer to be a manager or executive of the Benelux and southern europe in their sales department for only 120k per year before taxes with little to no job security so go figure. They treat almost everyone as dispensable

I worked there for a month during the Christmas peak. Was at the outbound packing area.
It's not bad at all. I cycled between two shifts, and you know with large advance your shifts. The environment was really safe and heated. They care a shitton about safety, they drill safety rules into your head over and over.
They want serious workers. If you're a lazy fuck they're gonna find it immediately. But as long as you do your work, nobody will bother you or act like a slave master on you.

enjoy your new slave job

>They care a shitton about safety
They care a shitton about not being fined for violations and having to pay workers comp
theguardian.com/technology/2018/jul/30/accidents-at-amazon-workers-left-to-suffer-after-warehouse-injuries
otherwise, your just (unfortunately) still necessary meat they haven't found a way of out-rationalizing till now. But, they will

Attached: Jeff_Cares.png (954x714, 597K)

>only 120k

Attached: 1368559982149.jpg (300x320, 63K)

It's a lot less than he now gets for the same role at a different company. 120k isn't that much really if you're 50 and have been in a role with this much responsibility for over 15 years now

I know why they ultimately do that, but nonetheless it's a safe and clean environment. Of course in the end it's always about money, that's how our world works.
And I know they're gonna replace all the human workers with robots as soon as they make skynet a real thing.

It benefits both the employer and employee so what's wrong with it?

I work at Amazon and can attempt to answer your questions. But need more info, what level is your job, what job family are you in, what country, etc.

Attached: 1552275827708.jpg (858x821, 359K)

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE

Looks like a bunch of women in their 40s-50s that get injured in these type of jobs.

>bunch of women in their 40s-50s
Id guess, that demographic still make up the majority of employees doing that shit. Factories used to be more male/female organised, wimmins running the packaging, and men schlepping/loading. I doubt that demarcation exists much now, and maybe by AMZN, not at all. You have to expect some injuries in manual labor, and their practice of using agencies and shit to avoid any employee liability whatsoever, this really is some cowardly garbage. Can say what you like about Unions etc.as well - but its cunts like AMZN who made them a necessity, because saf, no else gaf about manual workers plight

I worked for Amazon as expert in putting things inside the box and most accidents were done by lowlifes arriving drunk to work.
They do overwork people in lower positions tho.

It almost always is. I work for another company's warehouse and most of our injuries are older women. Men make up for it by having more lost-time injuries and wrecking equipment

How braindead uist one be to even consider working for the botnet.

>why
They maybe hungry and want to pay rent and shit

Have fun in your wage cage

Attached: 1536784308122_0.jpg (2985x1966, 2.11M)

I'm suprised it doesn't have a portapotty inside to make sure you don't take a potty break.

>want to pay rent and shit
*need to pay rent and shit

I work on IBM cloud
want to refer me to AWS?