/ag/ - Audio General

R1850 have shit bass user from the other thread don't get them get the R2000s for 20$ more edition

hope he reads this

Attached: 81LNvXbvOLL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1079, 210K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_aKY5PkFcY
amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA
amazon.com/Micca-12-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-MS12/dp/B07B4MZ61W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I currenty own these. bought them like 5 years ago.
What should i replace them with if i'm looking for better bass and loudness?

Attached: logitech-speaker-system-z523.jpg (450x308, 20K)

I've been reading Stereophile and it is interesting to read how the measurement section is sometimes polar opposite to the review section (but not always), and how the editor who does the measurements tries to politely explain why the reviewer might be hearing what he is hearing.

I'd get a cheap receiver from accessories4less, some bookshelves, and a subwoofer. To me that's always the most economical way to go because it gives you an upgrade path for the future.

Logitech Z623

>I currenty own these. bought them like 5 years ago.
>What should i replace them with if i'm looking for better bass and loudness?
damn that's grim, what's your budget user and are they simply for your desktop?

Attached: 1498619905636.png (240x247, 115K)

budget is set on anything that will provide me significant upgrade from what i have currently without going overkill, since i'm cucked by living in an apartment building.
i just want better sound, and i want to get best for my money, regardless of whether its desktop speakers or an audio system with receiver and all that shit.

ok then just get R2000s but I'm still not sure what you're using them for

Can I get decent bookshelf speakers for $100?

>decent bookshelf speakers for $100
Edifier R1280 are very nice and fine for bookshelf and they look stylish and not cheap (especially the black version)

forgot pic

Attached: 61AVTi0nwKL._SL1435_.jpg (1435x935, 89K)

>what you're using them for
just music

>Z623
u've been using the logitech Z523 FOR MUSIC for 5y???
holy shit you're in for a massive upgrade

What's the Thinkpad of 2.0 speakers? Currently using Bose Companion 2 but I want to give them to my brother. How should I upgrade? I have a Fiio X3 as a DAC too

>for a massive upgrade
and that would be?

>2019
why arent bookshelf speakers vesa mountable yet?

>and that would be?
anything mentioned ITT except the other logitechs is a massive upgrade sound fidelity and quality wise, get the R2000db if u wanna treat yourself and still wanna enjoy some nice bass

>edifier
>bought S350DB
>subwoofer makes disgusting chuffing noise on bass-heavy songs
>speakers start making high pitch noise after few minutes of listening
wasted 200 eur on this chink SHIT

>R2000db
>brand new is almost 300euros here.
yikes. about 4 times the amount i paid for the logitechs. they better be 4 times as good too if i'm to pay that much for fucking speakers.

they sound defective, having said that 2.1 systems are always memes do not buy them ever
what sh*thole are you from they are 200ish USD/EUR/quids more or less across all Amazons

260 eur is the cheapest i can find in local stores, could be worse i guess

Any way I can add small stereo speakers to each side of a monitor on a VESA stand? Nothing spectacular, I still have a big stereo, just want something for when I'm at the computer and not wearing headphones.

Attached: 1444016619830.jpg (970x880, 114K)

Yes, just use duct tape.
Maybe VESA brackets exist for this, wouldn't count on it.

Weird. Seems like one of the first things someone would want to do.

Im using those as pc speakers, I guess they're ok.
If you want something better it quickly goes 2-3 times more expensive

I think genelec has VESA adapters for their speakers.

Are audiophile opamps a meme? When I try to learn more I see nothing but positive reviews but have also yet to see anyone actually ABX test them.

Almost nobody has equipment, time and education to properly do abx test.

of course there are wall mounts for speakers/monitors but the issue is to avoid vibrations they need to be firm so vesa doesn't cut it

also keep in mind decent speakers are really heavy

>260 eur is the cheapest
Check the price for the S1000Db also, the S line is a significant step up ur local prices might just be fucked enough there's little difference

>If you want something better it quickly goes 2-3 times more expensive
This is pretty accurate actually, u can get the R1280(T not db) for less than 100 bucks

Attached: 91TwL+Q30vL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1097, 279K)

How heavy?

>S1000Db
it's around the same, cheapest being 270
but what about R2730DB?
are those any good? they're around 200

Attached: r2730db-2_d0a689bc-2474-4a0c-831c-720799e127d3.jpg (800x650, 88K)

>it's around the same, cheapest being 270
that's a really good price
>R2730DB
very nice but worse than the R2000 bc bit muddy in the highs and a bit bass heavy
Another user has them posted about them on the older thread check it out

>How heavy?
30-60lbs which means they have to be supported with a metal frame/built with a plastic hardshell or sit on something u can't just hook vesa to the back of normal speakers the structural integrity would be compromised

I use iLoud micro monitors and I'll say they're probably the best PC speakers in terms of size and convenience since they're self powered and are built like a tank. They also have bluetooth capability which it can play both input audio and bluetooth audio at the same time which is really convenient. I've seen them sold for $200 or you can get them used for around that price which was what I did.

That is way too heavy for speakers for PC. Even quite big speakers for low distance weight less than that.

There isn't really a Thinkpad equivalent. I'd say something like a directional nearfield monitor, but, too many opinions.

305p

kek

they look pretty gud user how is the bass tho

>cheap and pretty good but somewhat shitty

Attached: 4d1181d4.jpg (1279x719, 108K)

Not nigger bass but a pretty good warm bass to them and way better than cheap Logitech shit. And they're not called iLouds for nothing because you can turn them up really fucking loud.
youtube.com/watch?v=x_aKY5PkFcY
This video doesn't do much justice since any speaker would sound much better in person.

This guy seems like he makes really fun reviews, but I get such a headache from the headcam thing. How can you watch this?

By not having a genetic defect.

I was really thinking of small units. Just some basic stereo stuff. The thought process is if a triple VESA mount can hold three monitors, it can hold a monitor and two small speakers, right?

Attached: 16465445_224213721383369_2275301900498763776_n.jpg (480x480, 32K)

Can anyone recommend a surround set of passive speakers on a moderate budget (low hundreds or so) or matching bookshelf and center (and optionally tower) speakers adding up to such price? I was looking at the Polk T-series just now, but I don't know if it's any good or if there's something better, and Amazon seems flooded with too much cheap garbage to be of any use.

Attached: 61odJn3WgtL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1071, 84K)

Polk makes good speakers, can't speak for those specifically.

you can look into wall mounts like this, the only speakers i ever saw that can get wall mounted from the back are passive stuff in 5.1 or 6.1 systems

Attached: 61CosDlZJ3L._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 71K)

Obviously I would have to figure out a solution to strap the speakers to the VESA mounts. Sadly wall isn't an option because the monitor position is in front of a window on one side and in front of a pitched roof wall on the other side.

Videos that have "sound demos" of a speaker are retarded. It's too dependent on what the microphone is picking up, type of microphone, how it is setup. Hardly anything some weeb with a camera strapped to his head is capable of.

Is Klipsch a good brand? Thinking of buying the R51M ones.

Attached: Klipsch R-51-M.jpg (1000x792, 149K)

>Is Klipsch a good brand? Thinking of buying the R51M ones.
yes it is but since you have to ask i have to remind you those are PASSIVE speakers user

What's your opinion?

Show me some good speakers that fit a lunarcore aesthetic.

Attached: apollo-17-astronaut-takes-a-lunar-core-sample-X9PYXN.jpg (1300x1390, 314K)

Attached: 81z7AHuKhUL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 79K)

>hope he reads this
im not him but I was the other user talking to him. hope he reads it as well
I should have told him what budget subs to look out for but if he comes here
amazon.com/Polk-10-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-Single/dp/B0002KVQBA
amazon.com/Micca-12-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer-MS12/dp/B07B4MZ61W

Attached: 1541543902627.png (692x390, 171K)