What can we learn from TempleOS?

What can we learn from TempleOS?

Attached: Me101115c.jpg (418x438, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/
youtube.com/watch?v=gBE6glZNJuU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that reinventing the wheel means you can be still be working on the same project for 30 years and have accomplished nothing.

that God likes elephants.
and I like elephants.

a fucking tech board on an anime website could kill a mentally ill man

>anime website
NO
IT
IS
NOT

according to your argument,
windows shouldn't happen.
linux too.
the bsd variants and a shitload of other pieces of s/w

YES
IT
CERTAINLY
IS

God's favorite anthem is Latvian, and it sounds as good as having sex with 12 years old.

here's a picture of a photorrealistic elephant.

Attached: elephaggot.jpg (959x676, 48K)

Even Windows and Linux started from a basis and used other peoples ideas or designs.
It's simply not viable to do everything yourself.

that's an... interesting... way to put it, thanks Terry
t. Latvian

What was Terry's opinion on functional languages like Haskell?

that you're with some nigger in the deep ocean as he wrote a compiler, and an interrupt routine...
you little faggot

Go make some kompot yulia

NEETS eventually kill themselves

just because I can make a 6 story building out of toothpicks doesn't mean it's really worth anything. like ok there was a lot of work put into it buy at the end of the day you could've been doing something actually productive instead of being a shit finger who codes shitty useless software for a very specific hardware

Attached: 1552364265632.jpg (550x713, 34K)

The CIA niggers will kill you if you try to get out of the matrix.

Check your understanding of logic you fucking retard.

> ... means you CAN be still be working on....

Just because something can happen doesn't mean it will happen. People like you are the reason Terry is no longer with us.

Attached: best_elephant.png (448x449, 142K)

Attached: 1550537993583.jpg (1241x837, 248K)

That mental illness makes you a good programmer.

How to fake your own death

>What can we learn from TempleOS?

Quite a kot actually. You guys really need to read this.

codersnotes.com/notes/a-constructive-look-at-templeos/

> In this video Terry gives a brief tour of some of the more interesting features of TempleOS. At 5:50, he shows how to build a small graphical application from scratch. Now let's just think about how you'd do this in Windows for a second. Consider for a minute how much code would be needed to register a windowclass, create a window, do some GDI commands, run a message pump, etc. You'd need to set up a Visual Studio project perhaps, and either use the resource editor to embed a bitmap, or try and load it from disk somehow. Now compare it to the tiny snippet of code that Terry writes to accomplish the same task. It certainly makes you wonder where we went so wrong.

Attached: Temple_of_Four_Winds.jpg (2560x1920, 1.04M)

new ukrainian flag looks good

What was terry trying to do with templeos exactly?
I remember his analogy with how hes trying make a bike version of os while linux and windows are the trucks of os.

that one racist schizo can become internet famous just for writing a shitty os

this shit right here. templeOS does in fact deserve more serious attention and less memery.

He was praying to God and you should too.

Moron

Attached: 1551723886807.png (411x410, 212K)

Giving the kids of today something like a C64 to hack on is a worthy cause

Amen brother/sister.

I believe it was inspired by the Commodore 64

So was he trying to make a ultra light os?

yes
>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I like turtles.

He was pursuing an OS that you can just mess about in (like how the Commodore 64 worked)

>What was terry trying to do with templeos exactly?

It was essentially an operating system designed for personal usage, customizable by the end user without the bloated code of Linux (which Terry considered ineffecient and burdensome as Linux was designed for a 1970's Mainframe).

He stated it wasn't designed for network usage, but was essentially a supercharged video game console OS. Since TempleOS was designed by Terry from scratch (including writing his own kernel, which is astounding), he made everything fairly compact and efficient so (hypothetically) making your own video games should be relatively fun and easy. But since Terry was schizophrenic he had some bizarre design choices that hampered practical functionality.

If it wasn't for his severe disabilities, Terry probably could have turned it into a non-meme video game console operating system.

youtube.com/watch?v=gBE6glZNJuU

Attached: Terry Davis quote.jpg (940x788, 67K)

he truly was king of the schizos.

>What can we learn from TempleOS?
That we shouldn't be a psychotic failure like its creator.

What's sadder is that shitposters started following him because he was a racist schizo, not because he wrote some low-tier meme "OS". Everything you see here is the romanticizing of an otherwise irridimable, mentally ill, shit-stain of a person he was.

Attached: 48bcf350f121c4cc5649ba282cb9a7ec1b103fd90348f355b52e96b608666b09.jpg (640x426, 137K)

That schizophrenia is really fucked up and mentally ill people should be helped rather than shunned.

I was curious how he started up the secondary cores without using ACPI, so I looked at the startup code..

Turns out the "startup" signal is sent through the interrupt lines - he broadcasted the start signal by writing to the APIC registers. Smort.

very carefully

so did Terry actually possess divine intellect or was he just a college educated person with too much time in his hands?

I don't think he knew anything about Haskell. He studied lisp in school like many people do but never really used it. He said that lisp was cleaner than C because it didn't have bullshit like macros (at least not in the terrible way that C does) but I think overall, he was most familiar with C since he was working on production OS for real-world use.

If I can extrapolate from other things he said, I'd guess that he would not like Haskell. He intentionally made HolyC give you close control to the hardware. He was against compiler optimizations because only retarded code needs to be optimized by a compiler. Based on this, I believe he would not like the design of Haskell either in traditional GHC -> c-- -> assembly style, or the llvm bytecode -> assembly style