Introducing Firefox Send, Providing Free File Transfers while Keeping your Personal Information Private

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2019/03/12/introducing-firefox-send-providing-free-file-transfers-while-keeping-your-personal-information-private/

>Introducing Firefox Send, Providing Free File Transfers while Keeping your Personal Information Private

discuss

Attached: send.png (1200x660, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/timvisee/ffsend
github.com/mozilla/send)
github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html
reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/search/org.mozilla.firefox/
ghostbin.com/paste/jg2uv
0pointer.net/blog/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably better than alternative, can we self-host this ?

don't know because that blog post did not have much info but I think there is possibility for it if it's made by mozilla, at least it should be open source.

They're also implementing some of Tor's anti-fingerprinting methods.
Firefox is the *last* major browser that is on /our/ side. Why are you using Chrome? It's your fucking enemy.

It's not super innovative but so far it has been very reliable. It's a good service. There's even a CLI client github.com/timvisee/ffsend

Yes (github.com/mozilla/send) but you need S3 or a compatible server like Minio.

what would be the point of self-hosting? You could simply just ssh and use rsync or scp.

>what would be the point of self-hosting?
Uh, the point is that not everyone knows how to use scp, this is why this service exists.

firefox is a decent browser but you should know that they've integrated google analytics and other non free tracking programs into it. Use a fork like ice cat if you value your privacy.

To not rely on mozilla's servers and maybe increase size limit.
Send might be easier for normalfags than rsync but you are right that file sharing is solved problem already.

just use void.cat

Eh Nextcloud does this just fine.

>firefox is a decent browser but you should know that they've integrated google analytics
gonna need a source for that

github.com/mozilla/gecko-dev

Based Firefox. The only one left standing but keeps on fighting.

Attached: mozilla-firefox-quantum-vs-google-chrome.jpg (1000x659, 139K)

not seeing anything

>Introducing Firefox Whatever, Providing Something Useful, But With Our Market Share Diminishing It's Practically Worthless, So We'll Throw The Towel After 3 Years Or So, Like Firefox Hello

look harder

cite your claim

not him but heer u go
spyware.neocities.org/articles/firefox.html

I've yet to find any reaching like that on my network monitor please provide source

this does not apply to the mobile version

that's for GA on one of mozilla's WEB PAGES you fucking retards

>Use a fork like ice cat if you value your privacy.
IceCat barely qualifies as fork. It's basically a custom FF build with pre-installed addons, about:config tweaks and different branding.

anti-fingerprinting is nice but jewgle's captcha goes nuts with it. i've tried to use Jow Forums and time it takes to post goes from 5 minutes to infinity.

swisstransfer.com, faggots

>trusting the swiss

Are you using a canvas switcher? anti-fingerprinting has a negligible effect in firefox/icecat for me but if you try to spoof the canvas it freaks out

look harderer

reports.exodus-privacy.eu.org/en/reports/search/org.mozilla.firefox/
This is for the android version. The desktop version doesn't have the 2 trackers, but it's default settings are still terrible for privacy. IceCat is compiled without those.

IceCat is good enough and very convenient on android. All you have to do is install and tweak uBlockOrigin, and remove the autistic JS addons and you have an excellent browser.

Compartmentalize your browser activity. Use a separate profile for botnet and shitware sites and don't use anything other than uBlockOrigin and Buster.

I just use IPFS when I want to link people things.
>self hosted
>no file size limit
>no expiry time
>HTTP links directly to file
>can have be directories
I don't feel like putting up with all kinds of bullshit just to link something to someone.
It's too bad file hashes trip the spam filter here
ghostbin.com/paste/jg2uv

They worsened the interface, added bloat and blocked some features behind a login-wall that nobody wanted. The beta version was way better than this shit, fucking hell. And they wonder why they're losing marketing share.

Pretty sure the limit was always 1 GB in the beta. Now it's just create an account to send more than that. I didn't watch the video though.

Yeah it was always 1GB, but you could change how many downloads before it expires without logging in.

>>no expiry time
You're missing the point

Nice alternative to pomf and uguu services, along with nicer and more complex stuff like Nextcloud and Syncthing or any *nix tool you like, I find specially nice that it takes up to 1 GB of data
Unfortunately they made it shittier with the login bullshit, it's still good enough

>Pid Eins
Is this you?

0pointer.net/blog/

I thought it was always expired after one download in the beta

Haha no, that's Poettering's blog. Pid Eins translates to PID 1, the process ID of the init process, which is a reference to systemd.

Anyone who non ironically posts this link confirms himself to be a brainlet. The guy writing the articles hason clue what he's talking about. He suggests people to use WebKit/Blink based browsers as "no privacy issue" while every single one of them (including Ungooglrd chromium and Brave) let Google and Cloudflare read your entire browsing history. Even worse he also recommends Icecat and other random forks over Firefox. All those random forks allow Google and Cloudflare to read your entire browsing history due to fingerprinting and zombie cookies.

Firefox essentially has become a brainlet filter now days. People that know how to use it properly enjoy perfect privacy and anonymity while the retarded zoomer teenagers give away their entire browsing history by using Icecat, Brave and Ungoogled Chromium.

>The goal of this website is to classify spyware programs, so that users can be aware that they are installing spyware. Most modern programs that people use today contain malicious spyware features, such as any form of telemetry or information collection of users. This website contains articles on popular programs and internet services explaining spyware features, so that potential users can be aware of the information they may be giving away by downloading or using spyware, using easy to understand ratings and detailed explanations and proofs of how the features of these programs can spy on the user.
This is what the site is about. The author recommends IceCat, Ungoogled Chromium, etc. because they don't collect any data themselves. Browser fingerprinting is a different story.

Botnet

Open-source E2E-using software that's self-hostable so not exactly

Bot :)
Net :)

scp is not hard to learn...

show me how to port-forward through a NAT you have no control over. I'll wait.

Try teaching ssh and scp to any family member, then we'll talk.

how the fuck do you expect people who can't figure out "python -m SimpleHTTPServer" to figure out how to self host whatever this NIH garbage is?

He says "privacy issues". I would be more concerned about Google knowing every link I click on than random telemetry. I don't get the hate for telemetry anyway. It literally is open source what gets send and if you are scared of Mozilla knowing that you use or do not use for example the screenshot function you are simply retarded.

Isn't the point to send people files?
I don't see the benefit in a preset expiry time for that when I can just have my own. I've had to reupload something too many times when someone else wants it, or the first person didn't click in time.
I'd much rather have 1 link that works as long as it needs to. It's not like self destructing links prevent other people from just reuploading something too. What's the point of time limited links?

max 3 days before your hosting provider shuts it down over DMCA if you let other people use it

>What's the point of time limited links?
So the data doesn't stay on the internet indefinitely, did you read the post?
>Imagine the last time you moved into a new apartment or purchased a home and had to share financial information like your credit report over the web. In situations like this, you may want to offer the recipient one-time or limited access to those files. With Send, you can feel safe that your personal information does not live somewhere in the cloud indefinitely.

I am just now switching. what do I need to transfer absolutely everything from chrome?
Anything extra