/spg/ - Smartphone General

PocoChad Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: pocochad2.png (859x960, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Cwl-K34JPJE
amazon.com/ASUS-ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL-6-2-inches/dp/B07DN7F771/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>PocoChad Edition
you already made this, why are you shilling POCO so hard shill

We've ascertained in the last thread that Mix 3 owners are the true chads

I really want to get the BlackBerry Key 2
I like the security features and especially they keyboard

Should I go for it?
any news on the 3?
Are there any other good alternatives out there?
Help Jow Forums
I broke my old phone and I'm pretending it's 1995 again walking around with just a wallet

What about the Fxtec Pro1?

>gay slider
OnePlus 7 owners are the TRUE CHADS

They don't even exist.

I don't like the way the keyboard is landscape

Get the Key2 or Key2 LE then

I would advise against it. I had the keytwo, the keyboard is only medium quality and scrolling is still shit. The specs are seriously outdated and the software really doesn't justify the high price tag at all. Only buy it if its below 300 bucks

WHY THE FUCK ARE ALL THE BEST VALUE PHONES LOCKED OUT OF THE US?
>Asus Zenfone Pro M2
>Asus Zenfone Pro M1 (6GB)
>Nokia 8.1
>HTC Desire 1
FUCKING WHY. I JUST WANT A NON-MAINLAND CHINA PHONE FOR UNDER $600

Attached: ep61-726_zpsee5beabc.png (720x480, 432K)

I want to upgrade my phone from the SGS4 to something more modern without breaking the bank
Also has good root support (absolute requirement)

>NON-MAINLAND CHINA PHONE
OP7 is a good phone, it's not chinked up.
Otherwise man up and buy the Xperia XZ1 for the retro feel.

>Not buying OP6
>anno domini 2019

My S8 plus contract is up in June. Never doing 18:9 again.

What's your favorite 6"+ 16:9 phone?

Pocophone

any reasons to get the RN7pro over the non-pro if i don't give a shit about the camera?

>2019
>buying notchshit
come on man the OP7 is worth the wait 100%
personally I'm in for the OP7T which will have the sexy 10x zoom camera

XPERIA XZ1
COMFIEST PHONE IN RECENT YEARS

Asus ZenFone 5Z

Mix 3 is still good for that.

Better performance and likely better battery life too since the SoC is more efficient.

>uuh huuuur shill
I don't know what exactly you're trying to achieve here.

pajeets are already complaining about it heating though.
it would be nice if a non-pajeet sheds a light on that soon.

What is a good non chink phone with removable battery?

>pajeets are already complaining about it heating though.
from my experience pajeets say that about every single phone, maybe it has to do with them living in 40C hellhole

That's strange, considering it isn't even available on sale in India yet (goes on sale march 13)

test

>considering it isn't even available on sale in India yet
1000s of pajeet "reviewers" got sent units to shill for it by xiaomi days ago, there's 100s of reviews out already

Is there an app on android that reveals restrited/hidden numbers?

Should I pay $60 for an Xperia XZ spare screen so I can replace my display and hope it werks? The touch is skipping all over the place and there's dead spots on it.

Doesn't seem to have any issues, all phones are within a few degrees to each other
youtu.be/Cwl-K34JPJE

Are there any reasons I should not buy lg v40 for $420 on eBay?

i'm about to buy a pixel 2 xl somebody stop me lol

Attached: 1547521487482.jpg (400x392, 41K)

V30 is $180ish and V35 is $300ish.
Since the 35 is an AT&T unlocked phone for the most part, it won't get updates unless you're on AT&T, but it has the same specs as the 40, except the screen being 18:9 instead of 19.5:9 and no notch.

Are than any good chinkphones that work on CDMA/Sprint or am I kinda fucked?

How much are you paying for it? The camera is amazing, absolutely incredible. I'd 100% get it.

Xiaomi's Mi Mix 2 / 2S / 3 work on Verizon's CMDA network but there's no chinkphones that will work on Sprint (unless you consider Motorola chinkphones which they kinda are)

lame

Thanks tho

Pixel 3, yes or no? I've never had a smart phone but am now in a career where it's necessary and I'd like something relatively light software wise, high-quality screen and dac and camera.

YES

Thank you, sounds good. I thought that v30 has sd835.

I think my Moto G4 is starting to have that well-known overheating problem. It isn't causing any issues yet, but it gets way, way too hot when it charges when it didn't before. Would replacing the battery potentially fix it for good? Or can I just expect it to happen again?

>OP
BEIJING CONTROLLED SHIT
Literally a downgrade from the M2 BUT FOR $150 MORE
BEIJING CONTROLLED SHIT

You don't understand that government connected work can't have chinkphones after recent changes to contracts by client demands.
Taiwan is a-ok, but China is a no-go starting later this year for a lot of industries that work with the government for contracts

Guys I wanna get the mix 3, but the blue model is sold out in AliExpress, on every store. Would anyone know when xiaomi will be putting out another batch? Also is the green CN only?

Can't you just get whatever phone your heart desires and a Nokia brick or whatever dumbphone for work?

>Literally a downgrade
How is SD845 and UF2.1 storage a downgrade from slow as shit SD636 and EMMC5.1? Not to forget better cameras.

Is there a story behind these images? There is one homosexual who posts them on Jow Forums and I see them in the OP of every other thread on Jow Forums. I assume the person who made them is from this board...

There is a Russian girl that photoshops her boyfriend as a giga-chad.

Very little work is calling, mostly using the phone to make quick actions as a proxy computer for specific actions in the field. Having a burner for the business isn't an option.
Better processor but less RAM and battery capacity while also having a larger screen to drain that battery.

>less RAM
No it doesn't, 6GB

>battery capacity
Get a powerbank

Sucks to be you .

lol at whining about battery in 2019 when we have fast charging.

Green is 8gb only.

chad checking in

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

v30 is not $200 or less lol, maybe used desu

Is the Xperia l3 coming out in the US?

Anywhere someone can pick up the 6GB Asus Zenfone 5z for under $400?

amazon.com/ASUS-ZenFone-5Z-ZS620KL-6-2-inches/dp/B07DN7F771/

Thank you again, just ordered two v35 from ebay. One for me and one for gf, $560 total.

Comments say that this version doesn't work with US carriers. That true? I'm TMobile

Cope harder sucker. What piece of shit were you duped into buying?

So, the motherboard of my galaxy s8 died today.
Is it worth change it and the charging port, or should I get a new phone?

Get a new phone
Motherboard is basically 70% of the phone and most expensive part

Hey guys, I need your help I need a phone like the note 9 (the stick) because I'm studying design (do not ask) and I need something that facilitates the drawing, I would buy a tablet to draw more comfy but I'm poor and I also need to change my phone, so I need an alternative, some phone as the note but cheap? Or I should I just look for an old note?

Attached: 53419661_915814105416251_3786187840937787392_n.jpg (828x816, 44K)

Ah, seems you're right

Get note 4

>I need something that facilitates the drawing
Get a cheap drawing tablet

Installing Adaway won't block the ads in YouTube or other applications, right?

Correct, use YouTube Vanced for that.

>Find a cheap pixel2xl on ebay
>Has some screen burn-in and some of the glass below the lower speaker is chipped
>Actually start using a phone's camera for the first time in my life.
Definitely was worth it for $140 USD before shipping.

So what does it block? Just ads in the web browser?

I love my S9+
having a new phone is amazing after all these years
thats all

Actually I'm getting a different plan:
>pixel 3 xl with a 2 GB data for 350 CAD down and then 40 CAD a month for 2 years
How am i doing?

I am trying to set up DNS66 to block ads on my phone. It works great but for some reason as soon as i switch to a wifi signal or away from a wifi signal it stops working until i restart the phone.
Other people seem to have this problem
What the fuck guys

anyone have thoughts on the mate 20 pro?

Ok I'm looking at Asus website for the Zenfone Max pro m2and the website says 'version b" has all the bands for at&t and TMobile so I could use it here in the states, but there is no indication if "version b" is any different from whatever version A is, and if it's gonna have lower specs. Anyone got any insight into this?

I just want the 6GB and 5000mAh battery to work here in the states for a sub-$500 price

Attached: 1508344450099m.jpg (1024x802, 76K)

P30 Pro will be announced this month and will probably be better. I'm personally not a fan of recent Huawei devices because they are locked down so you can't change the UI.

this wouldnt actually be that hard to make
just make it a case for a note 9~ size of phone and have it fold out to a bluetooth keyboard
maybe throw a battery in there too to add heft and utility
would also enjoy if that antenna was functional because my note 9 has a pretty bad antenna
is that possible? can you add an antenna to a smartphone via bluetooth/usb/headphone jack?

Attached: file.png (1920x1550, 1.74M)

Third world shithole here and could get a used S7 flat (exynos) in pristine condition for 200 usd. Is it worth it to upgrade my Galaxy S5? I mainly use my smartphone for light gaming, manga reading and shitposting. But I like Pokémon GO and would like to be able to do it witb AR+...

My friend just switched from a s5 to a s7+ and he is amazed by how much greater it is

iPhone SE - yes or no? They're still for sale on Apple's clearance section for $250.

My Windows Phone is dying and it needs replaced.
I've come to terms that no phone on the market has battery life as good as mine, so I'm willing to settle.
Is the battery life at least tolerable?
I use my phone for work 99% of the time, so a good email client that supports multiple accounts in a single feed, alarm clock, to-do list, and calendar are my needs.
My wants are decent battery life and small (

Attached: 1514573520161.jpg (716x716, 170K)

I know of those USB receivers to get video feed from a drone on the phone, however that's a different type of the antenna. I'm not sure the phone's hardware and software would allow using something similar to boost its own signal. It would be possible to swap out the internal receiver though or even get it out of the phone, the end result would look ugly with questionable increase in signal strength.
If it's a Euro shithole avoid it and get one of the Redmi notes. Even then the base S7 doesn't have the battery for Pokemon so be prepared to carry a powerbank, otherwise it's still a good phone.

Yes, get one before they're all gone

That looks to be pretty good. All my local carriers would charge at minimum 60CAD a month for a similar contract.

Best phone for $300 USD that is compatible with AT&T? I won't be replying immediately I'm going to shower, but to help the things that matter to me mainly are screen quality and responsiveness.a

Mi Mix 2s or Mi8 for ~$350

My galaxy s6 broke, it was a pretty good phone while it lasted
Wan't to get something of similar quality as cheap as possible, any recs? is the moto g5 good?

Oh, it does block ads in many apps (not YouTube) and also web browsers

is this where I ask about tablets
I was seriously considering a ipad as a secondary device

Just got my mi mix 2s, do I root or use any roms? I've got no clue where to start

>low budget relegated to chink shit
iPod + Dumb Phone it is

How's the UMIDIGI F1

>Literally a downgrade from the M2 BUT FOR $150 MORE
in what universe is SD845 a downgrade from SD 660? The 5Z has 0 drawbacks apart from the nerfed battery.

What's wrong with OnePlus? The 6T has two shades of black for fuck's sake and another ugly gradient one. Why don't they have solid tones of blue, white or green?

Fell for the S10 meme, I know it's behind on charging technology but do QC4.0 C to C chargers work with the QC2.0 that it has?

How could you even consider buying holeshit, let alone buying it at all? Enjoy your Wall-E wallpapers. Overpriced garbage.

pretty hard nerf when the battery is only 3300 on that wider screen and to make matters worse has a fucking notch.
Hard to enjoy the phone when it has

Yeah

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-12-22-47-39-729_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png (1080x2340, 161K)

I got a note 4 new off amazon, for cheap and it is boot looping right out of the box... ideas?