Who here bad at coding?

Compared to the pajeets in my intro java class, im pretty good

Attached: brain.jpg (1024x600, 143K)

Me

Anyone have tips on doing well in undergrad and on how they study effectively?

Attached: 1547569020107.gif (500x375, 756K)

go to all your lectures and seminars, read the slides, take notes, read the supplementary materials and actually practise in your own time. That's it.

Eat Adderall like M&Ms lad.

If you can't get any, Modafinil works too but it's not as nice of a feeling and can have some nasty side effects

The pajeets in all my classes were just as bad or worse than the whites, but they got placed in TA and lab assistant positions because DIVERSITY

Cheat

Be Russian. Only Russians know how to code efficiently. They eat maths for breakfast.

I'm sure that's why

moda has less side effects than adderall I thought? I currently take moda, never had adderall.

I'm absolutely terrible at it and 95% of my code is recycled

A large amount of professional code is copied and pasted. Nothing wrong with recycling if it werks :^)

Attached: copying_and_pasting_from_stack_overflow_programming_book.jpg (600x788, 87K)

adderall is better for me. Modafinil and adrafinil make me sleepy

Every time I write code it ends up riddled with bugs due entirely to typos. Once the typos are gone it usually works, but it takes forever to sift through a program to find the various missed commas, parentheses that should be brackets, colons that should be semicolons, whatever. I don't have this problem when I'm doing math or typing a paragraph. Is there any way to stop doing this?

Try using an IDE, it will highlight syntax issues for you

Practice.
You're comparing two things that you've probably done your entire life. To something you haven't (programming). So muscle memory kicks in.

Literally invented some of the most efficient data structures

Then your employer ask you to make a real solution

I can read any programming language and understand 90% of them except Java.
Main language are C (mostly for micro-controller shit) and python (for data analysis and GUI).

Node JS is a terrible fucking idea.

Who decided that making a front-end scripting language like javascript into a fake back-end runtime was a good idea?

Attached: 1200px-Node.js_logo.svg[1].png (1200x734, 52K)

At this point in my career I refuse to work with retards like you guys. Let me guess, automated tests are a waste of time because "you already tested it"

no im good at coding

at the start of every semester, read through your entire textbook, before any of your classes officially start
then read it again at the end of every week
you will get to the point where you know what the instructor is going to say before he says it, so instead of asking stupid questions you can ask good questions that arent covered by the book
you will learn more and your entire class will get smarter just by having you in it

stop copy and pasting, by forcing yourself to type stuff out you learn more, also studies show that the time spent fixing copy paste bugs is greater than the time copying and pasting saves

this

But if you are bad on programming and don't have fun to go to the lectures, maybe programming is not for op.

are you me?
moda has its benefits. For instance, before I had access to adderall, it allowed me to write 4 x 1,000 page papers I postponed all semester in one night with no sleep. Basically, it allows you to continue doing whatever you're doing without mental fatigue.
Your body will still feel like crap if you're tired, but it definitely can be powerful.
However, adderall literally saved me last semester and allowed me to focus and pass going full-time.
Maybe I have adult ADHD that's made worse by smoking weed, but I literally could not do what I'm doing this semester without it. Data structures, computer organization, DM II, and a programming elective make me want to kill myself but I am somehow managing with addy.

Attached: 1552450706935.gif (500x206, 499K)

also this, not sure why, but about 1/3 of the time I take moda it has the opposite effect.

then you aren't going to school full-time because reading textbooks for 4000 level classes every week is you know what idk why im even responding to you

I am so bad at coding it makes me a failure as a human being. Creating games is my passion, but practically anyone would be better at it than me even if they haven't even seen a computer before.

I have studied a lot on my own and even got an education, but apparently I have object blindness. Back when I got interested in programming the language had about 20 words you combined around like legos, but modern programming is about 99% googling for libraries, googling for instructions on how to use those libraries, and googling for why the libraries aren't working. For me, it means my greatest passion is something I am physically incapable of.

Even worse, the googling part is what most people don't even consider an issue so no one understands how helpless I am with it. It's like being the only colorblind person in the world, needing someone to open a color-coded toolbox for me, but every single person thinking I'm just bothering them out of some bizzarre variation of laziness.

Attached: fuck.png (450x312, 134K)