Nexus 5 thread

Who's still using this legend and what rom are you using?
Also just nexus 5 reminiscence thread

Attached: lg-google-nexus-5-1.jpg (566x578, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maruos.com/blog/2019/announcing-maru-0.6-okinawa.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mine has fallen apart, sadly. I replaced it once, but a year ago I moved on to a more recent phone. This may have been a mistake. Still hoping for a proper successor to the nexus.

F

Attached: IMG_20190312_203541.jpg (3024x4032, 3.53M)

Nexus 5 representing.

I have a 16GB model with the original battery, a screen protector applied from day one and case. The screen protector is scratched but underneath that should be pristine. Power button still works but I wake the phone with the volume down quite often.

I dropped it a couple times and the back panel popped up a little at one of the corner but I snapped it back. Only visual defect with the device is the plastic above the volume buttons have a crack. Fairly common issue.

As for ROM I'm using an unofficial build of LineageOS 14.1 with March 5, 2019 security patch level because they discontinued the official ones and pulled the plug for our device along with a significant number of other phones and tablets. Dumb fucks did it just before build servers could spit out one last final build with February patches that fixes the critical PNG vulnerability.

I have nexmon firmware installed so I could use monitor mode with the built in BCM4339 wireless chip without the need of an OTG cable and some other USB dongle.

ROM is decent but has it's own downsides like losing GLONASS support. You can simply cannot get any locks so you can only rely on GPS. Not as accurate but usable. However there's some good fixes like the flashlight bug is gone. No more turning off after a while.

Wish someone could find and fix the bluetooth calling bug that affects all the BCM4339 devices that's a blocker for any official LineageOS 15.1 and 16.0 ROMs. The distortion needs to be gone because the Nexus 5 is my daily driver.

If I buy a new phone it might be a Pocophone F1 or some other cheap phone with top specs that has good community support. But I think I will wait for an affordable 5G phone. Will keep hammerhead for PostmarketOS though.

Nice info thanks. shame los dropped official support

If someone figures out why bluetooth has distortion during calls with a headset we might get 15.1 or even 16.0 that's just as good as current 14.1 builds.

One more thing. Battery life is alright if you are not a phoneaholic. With moderate use I can easily do 2-3 days. Charging port is not that grippy anymore.

No, I use a real phone.

Attached: item_XL_7636808_6398867.jpg (600x552, 39K)

Two here dead. Power button failed on both. Fucking LG

Ubports my friend.

Have you checked this rom out? maruos.com/blog/2019/announcing-maru-0.6-okinawa.html

They only support two devices so curious if they maybe fixed something for a rom to pass qa and gain official status on their site.

It's the same. Contacted maintainer.

I don't like it. Doesn't have lots of stuff I need. Promising though.

Shame. On their site the status says stable ironically

Stable but issue is still there. People say on XDA that it's also broken. So it must be true.

I fucking loved Nexus 5. Didn't wanted to part with it either.

But then again it got stuck into boot-loop and powerbutton fuckery. What a shame.

got rid of it for a moto g

5 years since I got it and still going strong. Shame the battery has barely half the initial capacity.

Nexus 5X here. I have my girlfriend and mom using them too.

Just unlocked and installed LineageOS. It gave my 5X a new lease on live. Quicker and more secure.

Superior Nexus 6 here.

Clean your keyboard, Sven

power button failed on one
other still going, with a battery replacement a few years ago

the good one was ordered on release day, seems like it was a good batch that did not have the hardware problems

too bad the Nexus line was replaced by the Pixel, google thinks it can charge iphone level prices all the sudden

I'd still be using mine but the power button is fucked, the screen is detached and battery life sucks even when new. It was a damn good device otherwise.

Moved to a Redmi 5 Plus

got one as a hand-me-down and it's just been sitting in a drawer

it feels like an awful waste but my current (unimpressive) phone is on 7.1.1 and I'm afraid the bullshit apps I use won't be backwards-compatible :/

the hardware is comparable to ny current shit phone anyway (Moto E4 burgerland version)

Attached: IMG-20170714-WA0022.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

no still got my iphone 5 though

Reporting in. Still going strong.

Nigga I'm still using a Nexus One

Get @ me phoneclit boyz

i want a 4 inches phone with decent specs. not an entry level chink shit.

i want a phone that would fit in my pocket and doesn't weigh half a pound.

seriously i'm tired with 5.5 - 6 " monstrosities that only fit in a purse.

manlet hands or pockets, my note 8 fits perfectly in my hand and pocket

mine died recently and I switched to a LG G6, I regret not just buying a new nexus 5

Power button failed and camera showed a purple hue/haze on all pics it took
Sad!

still using a nexus 4 actually, been thinking of getting lineageos on it but idk if I cba

Mine is still working, just love it...the only problem was stuck lower volume button

I'm still using it. There's simply no replacement that keeps a sane design (16:9 screen, headphone jack, no notch, etc.).
I'd be willing to even compromise on the screen size if the rest would make up for it but a proper phone to replace the Nexus 5 with simply doesn't exist.

Got a Galaxy Nexus (it broke) and a Nexus 5 (it broke) with rom custom. Brought an iphone and never looked back.

Oneplus 6.

Enjoy no microSD and shitty battery life, fags

- Sent from Redmi 5 Plus using Clover
- Pls click 'Thanks' if I helped

I bought this thing with zero information and it's still good.

Battery life at 83% health too.

Attached: 1552483717090.jpg (665x654, 166K)

*crack* *spsss* *sip*
ahhh, the nexus 5, now THAT was a phone

It was a great phone, though I never used one personally.

> HTC G1 - great phone, awesome keyboard to make up for shitty on-screen keyboard
>HTC Nexus One - so ahead of it's time, incredible phone, still have it, still works
Skipped the Galaxy Nexus, battery life wasn't up to snuff
>LG Nexus 4 - very impressive for the price, great phone
Skipped Nexus 5 cause my Nexus 4 was working great for years and years
Nexus 6 - skipped, great phone but again shitty battery life
Nexus 5x and 6p - 6p was OK but 5X doesn't deserve to carry the N5 name, what a SHIT phone.

And then the nexus line ended. The Pixel line is no real replacement.

If only Google released it again with updated CPU and more RAM.
Besides a SD slot, it doesn't need anything else.