DirectX 12 now available on Windows 7

>At Microsoft, we make every effort to respond to customer feedback, so when we received this feedback from Blizzard and other developers, we decided to act on it. Microsoft is pleased to announce that we have ported the user mode D3D12 runtime to Windows 7. This unblocks developers who want to take full advantage of the latest improvements in D3D12 while still supporting customers on older operating systems.
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/directx/2019/03/12/world-of-warcraft-uses-directx-12-running-on-windows-7/

There goes literally the only reason to use Windows 10. Time to reformat and upgrade to 7.

Attached: what is dead may never die.jpg (569x569, 32K)

Same

>they also want that user base

store coming soon

Attached: 1518446895644.png (417x491, 39K)

What the absolute fuck, why are they porting DX12 to it if they are going to kill it in less than a year? Do they have something else in mind?

It still shows as DX11 for me.

Attached: Untitled.png (2091x1440, 1.56M)

Windows 7.5

>why are they porting
>feedback from Blizzard and other developers
when they're threatening to leave the ecosystem, something needs to be done

You know the answer, I know the answer, they shill for 10 for 3 years nonstop but they also know the answer.

Honestly wouldn't mind paying 150 a year for non botnet windows. Surprised Microsoft hasn't jumped on that the amount of Autists willing to pay for MUH FREEDOMZ is actually pretty high.

AL KAIDA DUBYA EMM DEES
TERRRRISTS USE BITCOIN
LEMME FEEL YOUR BALLS WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO HIDE

Perhaps they're finally admitting defeat and plan to run 10 and 7 alongside each other. Like WoW and WoW Classic. I mean, I doubt it, but this is a truly bizarre decision if not.

heh
now I have a reason to upgrade my win7endo to a 10 series nvidia video card.

Windows 7 SP2, now with forced updates, Store and Cortana™

Have you downloaded DX12?

>No 8.1
Ah fuck.

just as there's 10 more months of support for win7 LOL

>using Windows 8
cuck

The most useless Windows since ... ahaha, Vista.

>>Honestly wouldn't mind paying 150 a year for non botnet windows. Surprised Microsoft hasn't jumped on that the amount of Autists willing to pay for MUH FREEDOMZ is actually pretty high.
win7 is just as botneted

Microsoft knows that Windows 7 still has a huge userbase and people are still going back to it right the fuck now. They're trying to think of new strategies. I wouldn't be surprised if this implementation of DX12 included some bullshit that people would not want to have installed.

>inb4 they just turn 7 into 10 trough incremental updates

And here we have two people that don't know how to replace a start menu

Based 8.1 poster
It truly is the comfiest windows.

And here we have a cuck. True patricians never left Windows 7 for this shiny toy with garbage interface that is called Windows 8.

Where? The MS site download is only for 9.

I would love it if this means MS has to support Windows 7 properly until 2025 or longer. I only went with Windows 10 out of necessity and lack of drivers when I bought into Ryzen.I would GLADLY go back to Windows 7 if it meant I no longer had to hack the installation onto my PC.

You can turn off the botnet, you cant turn off sticky corners.
I lasted 2 weeks on W10 before going back.

mind blown

>just 1 game
>which is also trash
Nobody gives a fuck, poojeet.

ITT: brainlets who didn't read the article

Attached: thread.png (853x72, 11K)

>we are going to port WoW to Loonix if you don't include DX12 support on 7
>At Microsoft, we make every effort to respond to customer feedback, so when we received this feedback from Blizzard and other developers, we decided to act on it. Microsoft is pleased to announce that we have ported the user mode D3D12 runtime to Windows 7. This unblocks developers who want to take full advantage of the latest improvements in D3D12 while still supporting customers on older operating systems.

Attached: 1507558178818.jpg (800x800, 165K)

>FAQ
>Any other DirectX 12 game coming to Windows 7?
>We are currently working with a few other game developers to port their D3D12 games to Windows 7. Please watch out for further announcement.
Learn to read English, Sanjay.

It takes a few minutes to replace everything that is that "garbage interface". Same amount of time I spend fucking with Windows 7 so it doesn't waste 16GB of space on a fucking pagefile.

So? Just Windows 10 propaganda as always, people have done a bunch of benchmarks already, it performs about the same (even worse some times) on basically any workload.

wonder if the xenia devs will act on this

leave Jow Forums

>They year is 2062
>Windows 10 has long since been depreciated
>Windows 7 is on SP62 and still actively having games and programs made for it
>MS is near bankrupt

Windows 7 for life boys.

Based delusionposter.

intredasting. I still won't leave Windows 10 though. that dark theme is too comfy to pass up

Cry more, lil sheep

>faggot twitter memes
>rebbit spacing
gtfo my Jow Forums

I bet you can't even program a fizzbuzz.
How about you up and leave? The adults are talking.

>>which is also trash

Attached: fmly1mo60lg21.jpg (443x455, 96K)

>right click on Computer, properties
>that advanced thing on left
>switch tab, click and change pagefile size
nah, you are just a cuck that fell to Microsoft tricks. Enjoy your botnet riddled tablet OS, a literal 7 reskin with "apps" and forced, unavoidable telemetry added.

>nu-wow fan
>calling anyone zoomer
oh the ironing

That doesn't make the rest of it somehow not shit.

I bet you're a neckbeard who never gets any cheeks. stay mad whiteboi. also check'em

>unavoidable telemetry added
Yuliya, again, you don't know what you're talking about, you silly slut.

>There goes literally the only reason to use Windows 10
Based and redpilled

Seeing how even Forza devs use DX11 level, they started to ponder how to increase DX12 adoption and kill Vulkan, because DX12 is the last reason to stay on WIndows. It's not the last reason to USE it, however, but people ready to switch isn't what MS wants.

lmao I can't even grow a beard.

You mean shit like Windows 7 scaling and ram management? Yeah, not as shitty. Hold on while I go look for network and usb 3.0 drivers because my motherboard is only 5 fucking years old

not him but why are you proud of your femininity

Excellent strawman, doesn't make you right tho.

>yfw dx11 runs faster than dx12

Is this an early April Fool's joke?

Since I'm not a cavedwelling mudslime, a beard is not the be all end all of masculinity.

You have an nvidia GPU

fucking underrated post

Not him but not being able to grow a beard is just a matter of having shit hair genetics (if you want to grow a beard, if you don't, maybe good genetics, I guess), the only difference is that your beard hair is not too sensitive to Methyltestosterone so it won't grow as fast. But anyone can grow a fucking beard, just stick with that patchy shit for a year and it'll stop looking like shit eventually. You probably will never grow a nord like beard, but you can at least get to Bin Laden tier if that's what you want.
t. biologist tired of reading misinformation

They have to promote the use of DX12 somehow since how badly the adoption is.

So will this make it possible to run directX 12 games on windows 7 in the future?

oh ok that actually makes sense, i'm a sand nigger so it's gonna be hard for me to take a babyfaced man seriously
i know the beard doesn't make the man and all but it helps, like a penis maybe, different cultures, carry on my Jow Forumstarded friend
i had no idea, thanks for the information

Attached: Correction+cartoons+with+little+girls+_e9f8c51154d8d3c247fe5a1b74fb8fc8.jpg (798x809, 48K)

can't you fucking read

Attached: windies10.png (277x299, 21K)

Yes.

I'm currently using a EVGA RTX 2060 in my computer and have a MSI R9 390 laying around. What do I do with it?

>DirectX 12

lol For what purpose, botnet function?

you lose 10¢ every day it's not mining for you.
of course you also save that 10¢/day in electricity

maybe they plan to get w7 people hooked on dx12 and then "fix" it with an update that makes it w10 only again

> 1 decade old OS
ok

8.1 is literally the same shit as 10

The real question is why the didn't do this in the first place since it's obvious that they wanted to move into OS as a service anyway.

they probably didnt even need to put alot work in it since 7 and 10 are the same shit

Gift/lend it to a friend or sell it.

DX12 Windows 10 games use a lot of Windows 10 syscalls so no hope for UWP games on Windows 7 ;(

how to turn off botnet on win 7?

And still the best. Says a lot about the present landscape.

No.
What if this is one of MS tricks to switch users to 10? Notice how the article tells specifically about WoW and "some games in the future" and not "every DX12 game" or whatever.
> MS collaborates with devs and pays them so they deprecate every API version except DX12
> devs are concerned it'll hit them
> MS develops a special DX12 version for Win7, locked down to a handful of specific games
> everybody jump the DX12 bandwagon
> one year later: goyim, Win7 is no longer supported and you can't play it on 8.1 due to being DX12 only, so update to Windows 10 for 600 shekels!

Attached: aiEJH.gif (500x275, 763K)

No raytracing either. that requires WDDM 2.5

Meanwhile the lastest version of windows 10(1809) deletes files when you upgrade to it and lacks overwrite confirmation.
And the task manager is still fucking broken even with updates.

They could easily do it if they wanted to. Plenty of UWP-exclusive games have gotten Steam releases later and with DX11 support even, like ReCore, Quantum Break, Dead Rising 4 and Ori and the Blind Forest.

Install Gentoo

It will be a gimped version of DX12 to get devs used to it, nobody wants to invest time and money in DX12 because its harder to use than DX11 even if there are benefits from using it devs will just tell the users to get better hardware.

That'd be pretty much your fucking fault then. You can still get a Windows 10 license for free.

Also, why should developers be forced to keep supporting an old OS?

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e77696b696d656469612e6f72672f77696b6970656469612f636f6d6d6f6e732f322f32 (256x256, 8K)

Why would they do this when they plan on abandoning the OS(for non Enterprise customers) in just 10 months?

I only want Halo MCC running on Windows 7 ;_;

> its harder to use than DX11
How about dx12 feature level 11_0?
> for free
This is hardly relevant since /v/ermins here are rejoicing because they won't have to use Win10.

You can inject the "missing" drivers into the iso quite easly iirc ... Search it up

>Also, why should developers be forced to keep supporting an old OS?
They shouldn't, but they do it anyway because of the large user base. Why would you limit yourself to selling your video game to a bunch of retarded Windows 10 zoomers just because you choose to rely on some Windows 10 doohickeys?

Well I mean the whole "you have to pay for an upgrade" thing. I just find it funny that people bitch about a thing that's been happening for decades. What MS is doing with DX12 is a rare exception and obviously nothing good is gonna come out of it, but it's not expected, nor required for MS or any developers to support Windows 7 past a certain date. They set the terms.

It's half-assed DX12. it may be able to do basic DX12 stuff. but not the more advanced features like ray tracing since that requires WDDM 2.5 (a newer kernel) nor make use of any new features that require WDDM drivers post 1.1

Because that user base is still big and you were paid to push people to that OS? Not hard to figure out. You're not making an argument for those who decide to put exclusives on either Xbox One or PS4, for instance.

>and you were paid to push people to that OS?
Some devs make a deal with the devil, others aren't quite so short sighted and greedy.

>Others
Pffft, yeah. Just wait for that shit to be a minority. See new features and more money, most devs look for the easy way out. They don't give a shit about you or your OS choice.

Speak for yourself and your god-awful favorite devs.

Attached: 18j3erzh3wnk1jpg.jpg (1600x900, 81K)

Even old Piranha Bytes can bite your ass for money. You're too trusting.

Is microsoft getting scared of the improvements of gaming on linux? I mean yeah still has a pretty while to go but it's improved a lot in the past year.

Are you EU? EU gets the patch tomorrow, it's only live in the US.

it's making me consider building a new computer so i can check out DXVK. how good is DXVK anyway?