Wtf is it doing in the background?

Is Linus dnfdragora as shitty as Windows Update?

Attached: 199841.png (1069x107, 18K)

> dnf
> gnome

Attached: tips-fedora.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

>gnome
That's cinnamon...

same shit

Isn’t cinnamon just a riced gnome shell?

Unused CPU cycles are wasted CPU cycles. That's literally why we have speculative execution.

Just uninstall it and use dnf directly.

hurr what are batteries

But wtf is dnfdragora-updater even used for and why is it there when I never asked for it?
Is Linus forcing software on me?
Was Stallman right all along?

uninstall gnome and get dwm to free yourself from the botnet

Fedora's graphical package managers in all of the spins are incredibly shitty, stick to CLI or use Workstation. The Plasma widget sort of works now but I still wouldn't use it

It's a feeble attempt at making spins easy to use, since only GNOME has a (arguably) working graphical package manager, it's poorly maintained, slow and buggy. Get rid of it and use CLI only, use Workstation, or switch distros

By the way, this only happened because GNOME sabotaged PackageKit to include only parts of the API that GNOME uses, this is why interest in it dwindled and KDE started Discover (which only works properly on Neon). Smaller DEs have no resources to do the same though.

>But wtf is dnfdragora-updater even used for
It's checking for updates. You'll get a notification if updates are available.
>why is it there when I never asked for it?
You installed a distro with a set of pre-installed software. You didn't ask for it, but you also didn't care enough to check what programs come with your distro.

>It's checking for updates. You'll get a notification if updates are available.
It took literally 20 minutes and eating 25% of my CPU just to tell me there was 5 updates available.
And it didn't stop after giving me the notification, I had to manually stop it.
It's as bad as Windows update.
Fuck trannies for ruining Linus

just use dnf. package management though the terminal is the natural and best way to do it.

Then uninstall it. I also don't need Hexchat, Pidgin, Thunderbird, xReader, Eye of Mate, etc. (all of which come pre-installed with Fedora's Cinnamon spin), but do you see me complaining?

Haven't been on fedora for a few years. Didn't they use YUM?

dnf is yum's successor.

I uninstalled dnfdragora-updater and it also uninstalled dnfdragora. I had to reinstall dnfdragora.
Linus is so confusing sometimes

you can't be serious right now. package dependency exist OP