My wife's favorite mobile game is being shut down in a couple of weeks. It requires an internet connection to play...

My wife's favorite mobile game is being shut down in a couple of weeks. It requires an internet connection to play. She's played it for about four years and I think she'll will be crushed once it dies forever. Is there nothing that can be done?

Attached: file_12444_sailor-moon-drops.jpg (363x647, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

charlesproxy.com/documentation/ios/
charlesproxy.com/documentation/faqs/using-charles-from-an-iphone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can divorce online these days.

What do you mean? The app still exists on her phone. There just won't be new levels or updates

Maybe you could watch the traffic, then reverse it if it's mostly trivial shit, then find and change the server adress in the apk and replace it with your own fake one.

I don't know how you'd go about doing this though. Start by logging all the traffic, you won't be able to do that once it goes offline.

Fuck, I need to download this now and play it some more before the end.

>take generic shitty tile matcher game
>paint it with a coat of kawaii uguu
>grand total $300 to make plus $5,000 licensing fees
>make tons of cash
>as soon as they start to lose money they shut it down and remotely brick all apps from working
The entire ARMshit ecosystem is cancer.

Hahaha she's actually a genius though.

It won't run when she doesn't have an online connection.

Yeah, spoofing server responses was what I was thinking, but I have no idea how to do it. How would I log traffic on an iPhone?

You used to play huh? Even I'm sad to see it go even though I've played it just a handful of times.

Yeah, it's super shitty. She hasn't spent any money on it but others have, and most players have spent a lot of time and grown to love it. How much could servers and upkeep really cost?

The servers probably cost next to nothing to maintain, but they have to have at minimum a single person if not more who understand how to maintain the server and game code, and can push updates. So probably 100k a year. If they can't make more than that in sales it won't be worth it for them.

You can capture these from the phone itself
charlesproxy.com/documentation/ios/
charlesproxy.com/documentation/faqs/using-charles-from-an-iphone/

Either way you'll have to host a proxy server from your PC to intercept the connection when the servers shut down

godspeed
godspeed user

>licensing fees
>remotely brick all apps from working
Maybe these two are related. Maybe the licensing of the IP is ongoing and comes with a provision that if the publisher stops paying, people stop playing. That would make shutting it down just a little less shitty.

I played some of that game, it was ok. But my wife also loved it. I believed she got all the way to stars with almost 3 stars on everything

Whats easier, reverse engineering the calls to the server and creating a provate server, or dumping the assets amd remaking it in unity with scripts?

>dumping the assets
>remaking it in unity with scripts
There are thousands of players who would instantly donate to a project like that (consider some of them spent hundreds on gems/hearts/whatever). A full asset dump already exists online if you search for it, and the game was originally made in Unity. Keeping the scripts separate from the assets would minimize legal issues. How do I get this started? My wife will worship me if I somehow resurrected this after it dies.

I have no idea, it depends on what's being communicated. Perhaps it's only
- Im'a play another level. Cool?
- Cool.
Then it would be trivial. If a good portion of the game logic is server side, then it would probably not be worth the effort.

>Jow Forums
>wife

Very funny OP.

Attached: 1370924637355.jpg (231x208, 56K)

Bumping

Attached: sailormoon.jpg (4616x3445, 3.93M)

It depends on how complex the online checks are. If it's just one request when you start the game it's simple. If it's constant requests and server side logic it's gonna be really hard.

Sadly it seems to be the latter, but suggested using dumped assets to remake the game in Unity with scripts. I downloaded the full asset dump and it seems to even include scripts (a bunch of .unity3d files). That route would probably be just as hard to pull off, but at least having the raw constituents of the game ought to provide some comfort to my wife's soon-to-be-shattered psyche.

Get her watching the anime instead.

Yeah she'll probably do that even though she's seen all of it (old and new) at least three times.

Today I asked her what her favorite episodes of the original show were.

"The first time Sailor Moon turns into Princess Serenity; When Prince Demande almost kisses her; The final episode of the Dead Moon arc; When she saves Galaxia; Chibi Usa grown up."

Attached: when i die.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

Bumping with my favorite mobile game, Swing Copters 2 by the creator of Flappy Bird. My records are 46 in this and 165 in Flappy Bird

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-12-23-13-33.png (720x1280, 84K)

>being this emotionally attached to bejeweled clone #343427654
smartphones were a mistake

Candy crushed

I've used the android equivalent of cheatengine on this game, gameguardian or something. Basically let me have unlimited turns. The vast majority of the game runs locally. It only communicates with the server to report high scores and record which levels you've beaten.

Attached: 1534385381728.jpg (848x480, 107K)

>Prince Demande

Attached: 1538440260594.jpg (1920x1619, 894K)

She actually keeps saying she doesn't give a shit and won't be affected by it. Maybe it's true. She's more emotionally attached to the characters than the gameplay.

Then it shouldn't be too hard to spoof the soon-to-be-extinct server. Do you know anything more?

What, you like that scene/episode too?

Bejeweled got popular long before it appeared on smartphones.

No, but probably the only thing that's necessary is bypassing the initial login. Having a fully unlocked save file with all levels available will probably negate the need to emulate the rest. For people starting a new game that might be troublesome though.

Any ideas how/where I can get such a project started with near-zero understanding and expertise on my part?

The reaction image wasn't loading, now I see it signifies infatuation, like he a playa

It signifies your wife fantasizes about cucking you, if she isn't already.

I should be so lucky.

What smartphone games does Jow Forums play?