Alright Jow Forums, yesterday I asked you guys about a single board micro pc that could run YouTube, Discord...

Alright Jow Forums, yesterday I asked you guys about a single board micro pc that could run YouTube, Discord, and Visual Studio. I’m determined to get some sort of Pi clone to do all this (for the sheer meme). Right now I’m looking at pic related. (Odroid XU-4)
Are their better options for the same or lower price?

Attached: 18F6D667-8004-4459-86B0-D639F7705426.jpg (498x375, 32K)

I’m closing in on my options, I think I’m getting close.

>Discord

Attached: ns.jpg (1280x960, 216K)

>Visual Studio
It runs on ARM now? else you'd need a x86 board, like galileo.

Wait what? Am I missing something here? It doesn’t have to be an x86 to run VS does it?

There's no VS for WinRT, so yes, it does.
WINE will not work as well, but qemu might, if you are really into it.

Son of a bitch... is there an alternative to VS that will run on it? I’m studying code in c# and c++

I laughed

>Discord
You need to fuck off.

Why? Lol

Gonna need a lot of ram for that to take off user.

>I'm determined to be a complete fucking retard

Get a tablet you invalid

Is there a good reason why you need it to be so small? You could look at getting one of the new ASrock deskmini systems that take up basically no space at all, uses M.2 or SATA, along with standard laptop type memory, and whatever AMD or Intel processor you want. It could even attach to the back of a monitor using a VESA mount so it can be completely out of the way. The specs will probably be many times better than what most of these micro board systems can offer. It's definitely a little bigger than the micro systems, but not as big as your average micro or mini ATX systems.

Not op, but those look pretty awesome. Looks like the fit the whole thing in a PSU enclosure. Very nice, and that would actually be useful since its not ARM. Imagine being able to make a server farm out of these, how many you could squeeze in.

emacs

Yeah! The Intel version has been out for a while, but they just barely released the AMD version, and compared to the intel machines, the graphics would be so much better. You could easily use these for some light gaming with the right processor. I've actually got a couple on order, one of which will be used for gaming in the living room. The other I'll just be playing around with to see what else it could possibly do, but the reviews for these things are great. I'm excited.

The XU-4 has 2 gigs of ram. That’s not enough?
Does that have an integrated GPU?
>Is there a good reason why you need it to be so small?
Well I I’m saving up to get an Mini-ITX board to build my main PC. I’m planning on building it into my old Xbox One case.
Basically I have what I consider an unhealthy obsession with these single board Pi computers. It started out as a meme between my group of friends, but I slowly started to actually want one, and thought “hey, that’d be dope if I could use one for at least this this and this” so, here we are.
People have said countless times “Get a NUC.” I mean they look neat, but I particularly want some form of Pi clone.
1: The size
2: The meme, oh the memes...
and
3: the price being under $100
Sure I could buy a shitty used laptop for like 20 or 30 bucks, but I love the size of those little single boards. They’re just fascinating to me.

>2 gigs of ram.
>Discord

Attached: IMG_20190312_161336.png (899x795, 440K)

op still painfully underage

It doesn't. You would need a processor which has one. But if you get the AM4 variant, you'll be able to use Vega GPUs, so your options would be better over the Intel GPUs. You're basically paying for the motherboard and getting a free case, but you can remove it and the IO shield and put it wherever you want. I'd probably get one of these over a NUC any day.

Since you don't really need Visual Studio for that, then literally any IDE will do, or VSCode, or better yet why bother tho

OP is too much of a fucking snowflake to get a cheap laptop like everyone else, has to have an autismo machine "for the memes". what a faggot

>for the sheer meme
just rope already

>Discord

Bringing botnet to your rpi? What on earth for? lol

Does it really eat up that much?I know. lol
I think I agree with that.. it does look cool

Discord uses an electron which is pretty much cancer. However, if you wanna continue then you should probably use a third party discord client that isn't electron (e.g. ripcord).

>ripcord
Soo basically, can use ripcord which is discord on a Pi clone?

I made a bit of gallileo, watch out for the smm

Literally anything that can edit text will be able to do that