>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 6GB are standard choices
>GTX 1660Ti or RTX 2060 for very high framerates if you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 for very high framerates if you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1367539153630.png (503x530, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/
pcpartpicker.com/list/2LTw4q
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814500458
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814137380
pcpartpicker.com/list/4Fgs3b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: su.png (1400x1000, 986K)

>he's fast!

I was actually lucky because I ran my thread updater and since it doesn't reposition itself for new pins it drew attention to the next general.

>pozzed processor in OP
This shit needs to be a bannable offense. You're literally working to spread malware.

MOMMY
GIB NAVI

>Moreover, even though earlier AMD had claimed that its CPUs were not exposed to Meltdown-class vulnerabilities, researchers discovered a variation of Meltdown (called Meltdown-BR) that was perfectly operational with AMD CPUs. So at this point, the CPUs of all three of the largest global CPU vendors — AMD, ARM, and Intel — are susceptible to both Meltdown and Spectre. Well, at least to some of the variations from both these families.
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/

So you're suggesting the whole general is unnecessary?

/prebuiltgeneral/ when

It's 166€ actually (180 from amazon.de), but the other components are cheaper since I will pick them elsewhere.

Meltdown and Spectre can be mitigated. Spoiler compromises every Incel system with attack times in literal seconds.

>have pozzed housefire in your system
>encounter rogue peice of js
>information stolen

But I guess if you're dumb enough to buy incel in 2019 you fucking deserve it.

Love how you dumb cucks bring up ancient, patched and mitigated vulnerabilities like they make your stuttering swiss cheese look good.

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't always matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics doens't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doens't matter!
>10nm doesn't always matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>Integrated graphics doesn't matter!
>PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!
>Germany doesn't matter!
>Processors doesn't matter!
>Custom Foundry Business doesn't matter
>*NEW* Framerate doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Amazon sales don't matter!
>*NEW* Prime95 AVX doesn't matter!

Attached: 1534422658859.jpg (691x771, 64K)

Now do Radeon.

nice meme
it's like the girlfriend that digs through your entire twitter career for dirt on you during arguments.

Is my 1080 Ti still cut out for 1440p 144Hz?

Been going through all the reviews and can't decide between this and the H500P

Any recommendations?

Attached: MX75738-1.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Amd doesnt matter and no one cares

Attached: 1539272881734.jpg (422x602, 34K)

Should be

meltdown and spectre are very difficult to exploit and desktop users are not being effected by it. Its only an issue for servers. Just dont install malware and you will be okay

>you're meming
>it's a meme that's been going around for a while
>p-p-please forget that Ryzen is vulnerable too :(((
Spoiler has been withheld from the public

get a fractal

Opinions on build please
pcpartpicker.com/list/2LTw4q

p good, you should spend the extra cash from that 2060 to grab a z390 board though, it'll likely save you some trouble.

Based af. Basically the same build i have

Gamer Nexus seems to rate the CMs airflow quite highly which is my main priority. Also probably going to watercool.
I do like the looks of the meshify c though

>incel samefagging
Nice try but you forgot that no one would willingly purchase pozzfires with Zen2 coming out so soon

Go away loser

Attached: Screenshot_20190312-231225_Clover.jpg (1440x2960, 766K)

>unironically bought incel
>Calling anyone else a loser
Did you at least notify the Bangladesh fire brigade before you opened gimp up to make that shoop?

Holy cope stop reply to me

Attached: 1550849278222.png (396x408, 165K)

Saved up for 2 years, here's my currently planned build:
Already bought an RTX2080
Planning to buy:
i9 9900k
GIGABYTE Z390 Auros Master
16gb DDR4 ram @ 3200mhz
850 watt supply
Corsair hydro H511i liquid cooler
Cooler Master H500M
1tb SSD (PCIE)
4tb HDD (SATA)

Already checked everything seems compatible, any last minute recommendations before I buy next week?

Attached: 1515721125556.jpg (245x246, 14K)

2700x vs 8700k for just gaming, 8700k will cost about $300 more

>stop reply to me pls sir delid dis

>i9 9900k
At least some of you have the sense to stop at housefire-tier. This fag is paying premium to turn his village into a exclusion zone.

2700x wrecks the 8700k and is actually secure. This should be an easy choice.

Put your name back on dude we can all tell it's you

That otherguy is lying to you. The 8700k is better for gaming but its not worth 300 dollars more

Attached: relativeperformancegames19201080_1.png (500x1490, 96K)

Should I bother waiting for a sale on the 2060 or just get it now?

Building a PC for the first time.

Do we have anything better than HDD's for long-term storage yet?

If not, what HDD's are y'all telling people to buy nowadays?

I have a HGST/Hitachi HUA723020ALA641 and it's fucking SATA III and 7200 RPM but I still get a nice 15-second frozen screen with jet engine sound effects the first time I access it EVERY FUCKING TIME

It came out a month ago you arent going to see any sales unless amd does something

Most people buy large 5400 drives for storage. I store my shit on 7200s

In terms of value the 2700x ABSOLUTELY shits on it. Not like an extra percentile of performance matters when your chip causes nightmarish frame drops and stuttering.

I mean, for only 300 burgertickets more you're buying yourself the incredible power of burning your home to the ground, having your information stolen, and performing slightly better than ryzen in bench despite the user experience being ruined by stutter. What a deal!

my HDD is a 7200 because I still use it for gaymes that don't need the increased efficiency of my SSD, i just think something's wrong with it because everything comes to a screeching halt the first time I load something from it after waking up/booting the computer

No. Just no. There is no "spoiler" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical flaw. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

Sup Jow Forums, so first off I'm an idiot babby. Just replaced my CPU, RAM and mobo, got a new installation of Windows going but now I can't activate it, Toolkit just gives me this. I did try to use an older Toolkit (2.4.7) first before I realised it didn't cover Win 10, I think that may have fucked things up, help?

Really don't want to format and reinstall again, I've spent hours already setting most of my programs and stuff back up.

Budget
> ~$500 usd
Parts
> I7-3770
> 1050ti
> 16gb ddr3 (2x8)
Intended use
> Gaming/general use

This is just an xps 8500 that I slapped a 1050ti in and a 16gb kit , it works well and it handles what I throw at it but I'd like to upgrade it. I'm thinking maybe a motherboard and psu, if it's worth the switch to ddr4 I'd drop some more money for that. I want at least high or ultra on 1080p so probly a better graphics card and idk if it's worth upgrading the CPU or not

Forgot pic.

Attached: toolkit.png (488x400, 21K)

Well put. Sufficient and to the point.

Mine does it to. The drive will stop spinning if you dont use it and will have to spin up again when you go to access a file. Paused a movie and started it again and saw it happen on saturday

You cant use the same key on a different mobo. You have to buy another one. They are a few bucks on ebay

2700k with stock cooler and decent thermal paste for $470
8700k no stock cooler and uses colgate plaque protective toothpaste for $620 and i have too buy a cooler and some thermal grizzly ontop of that
Want to try my hand at blender/unreal/unity aswell, is ryzen game breakingly worse then intel, for 1440p or 4k, i havnt decided what screen size im going to use yet, i have a 720p 32inch tv that im going to use for a week or 2 too see if im comfortable with it and get a 4k or downsize to 27 at 1440p
Just wish VAs didnt all have curves, i would have preferred VA because unlike TN/IPS it just works

I'm using the MS Toolkit, see

Are you online? It said it couldnt contact the activation service

is the 1660ti good enough to warrant upgrading from an rx570. i dont really want to buy a 2060.

Yup, I mean I'm posting on 4chen from the same PC.

Oh youre cracking? Just buy 6 dollar pro key instead of installing russian spyware its worth it

Sorry kms pico installs a local ativation service and calls it. That isnt installed correctly and it cant call it

guess i should mention im using a 1080p 144hz monitor.

The 2700x will do resolution just as well as any incel offering. You have to understand that these greasy fucks will do everything in their power to make Zen look somehow inferior. It isn't. It's the best value for you money and performs just as well, if not better, than whatever molten mossad backdoor they're peddling this week.

If you're really, truly worried that Zen somehow won't meet your lofty expectations (it will), then just wait for Zen2 to come out. The mid-range Zen2 chip they showed at CES demolished intel's i9-9900k, and it was an incomplete engineering sample.

Yeah but 2060 is better. 2060 will actually get you 144hz in dmc5 at 1080p. Not like it matters for that game though lol

Well I'm not sure how to install it correctly then, it's just an exe file.

I've been running a corsair H70 pretty much 24/7 since 2010. Any ideas on how much longer I can count on these hose seals holding back 10 year old slime from ruining my system? Any suggestions on cheap air coolers that wouldn't compromise my 4.9GHz OC on my 2500k? I really need the extra power these days since it too is almost 10 years old now. Please help

Attached: small_amp_angle1.jpg (600x500, 97K)

>2500k
>4.9NiggaHz
wot

lol im serious guys come on, should I be worried about this loop or not

Your shit is all and almost worthless now. Risk it for the biscuit

Bro I'm still ripping though, I have a 2500k and an gtx 980

old*

Any high end air cooler would be better than an H70 just by virtue of there is more surface area for dissipation

Do we have any idea when zen2 might drop, im computerless at the moment, im browsing on a xbox one, i can wait a mabye 1 or 2 months but any longer then that i will just get the 2700x and not pay attention to the pc parts world for a few years

Here's a pic of the ole clunker, radiator is thicc

Attached: CWCH70-h70_02.png (800x527, 484K)

Dang you might have 200 dollars worth of parts there

>put windows on a cheap chinese SSD today
>bought another SSD hoping to RAID 1 but it didn't work so I'll settle for backups
>which means I now have a computer with 4.5 TB of storage
feels good man

lol why did this devolve into insulting my rig

Buy a nintendo switch eggbawgs has no games

fuk

It's still only a 120mm rad and most higher end air tend to be 140mm with dual towers

Ok fuck it I'll get the 2060 this week then.

What's the best variant, if it matters?

true, is the hyper 212 still the best bang/buck out there or is there better shit for cheaper these days?

The model that has 2 fans and costs 350. Msi > zotac > gigabyte IMO. Some have argued the zotac is best

Just try to get a model that isn't totally shit as close to the MSRP as possible. Spending more is retarded as you might as well get an RTX 2070 at that point.

The day i feel like cutting off my balls and put on some faggy dress and wig or get into a car accident which causes me to mentally regress back into prepubescents i will buy a Nintendo but until then i think i will get a pc, leave the switch to trannys and children

Probably zotac
m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814500458

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16814137380

It's been rumored by folks in retail as early as 8 weeks from now but most realistic journalists and such are eyeballing July.

Yeah dude play fornight and apex legends on a pc like a straight white man i hear you bru

It's still kinda the best bang for your buck but it might end up being a downgrade
There is the Cryorig H5 ultimate which isn't noctua price but it should be enough if you where using just an H70 before

I've got my entire build built. On the fence about AMD. is there anything that runs like shit on it? I've heard that Adobe struggles with Ryzen any truth to that?

Any other unoptimized stuff people have ran into?

Also I was eyeballing the taichi 470, would I have to do a firmware update to run zen 2?

pcpartpicker.com/list/4Fgs3b

How is this? Is there a better case I could get for around the same price? And will that compatibility note fuck me/

>Cryorig H5 ultimate
awesome, just bought it. thanks.

Amd sucks at adobe and sucks at starcraft 2. Seems to do okay otherwise

Damn straight, but in all honesty /V/ put me off them, i cant go to /V/ without having onions and nintendo switch threads filled with trannys, entitled females and beta males spamming up the place
I guess through word association i see Nintendos and the above groups as being the same
I never understood the hate people who play games get until i went to the basedpit /V/

Damn is it all of Adobe or just after effects and premier?

That really sucks. I mainly do photoshop and indesign (rarely)

When's this monitor going to be available in Leafland already?

Attached: Large01_V.jpg (1600x1062, 241K)

Id look ot up on youtube there is olenty of information to help you make an informed decision. Pretty sure its fine for photoshop

Yeah, that I will do. I just thought a nice user might already know. This is an annoying decision to make. Want to complete my build but dont want to fuck my self with a potentially unoptimized cpu.

On the other hand Intel literally has a mossad backdoor now.

So hmmm....

Attached: D1KvbuWXQAcCpXp.jpg (1125x1115, 122K)

It's just the video editor PS cs6 works great for me on my 2700x

pls respond

One of my Corsair SP 120s failed.

anyone have a good static pressure fan recommendation?

what makes the MSI 10 bucks more expensive than the Zotac when its the same GPU? Is it the fans?

Probably just gonna get Zotac.

haven't built a PC in a almost 8 years, so stick with me here. I've got a fan hub that needs to plug into my 9pin USB2 connector on my motherboard. I've also got front panel USB2 connectors that are supposed to plug in there too. What do I do? I assume I need some sort of splitter, but could use a recommendation.

get a new case with front panel usb 3.0

two 2.0 and two 3.0 in the front, three more 3.0, two 3.1, and one type-c in the back.

I suppose I could just not hook up the front two 2.0s, but that's ghetto.

PCI-e USB expansions

so some user posted the ayymd lgbt shit
my rx580 is my first amd product because shit was cheap and i wanted to upgrade from my gt1030, ex-mining card got it for $100

but seeing that amd's only marketing strategy is to try to undermine the aryan brand and never buying into the ryzen meme i'm solid on that front

but i don't want to own an amd card anymore. what's a step above gt1030 but performs similar to the rx580? idfk why but on gta4 (the only game i play) both cards perform same

cpu is a i3-8100

I'm gonna latch onto this, but is it better to use KMSpico or HWIDGEN?