Dotnet Framework vs Dotnet Core

So I'm curious Ive seen people on Jow Forums and reddit etc say that Dotnet Core has surpassed the Dotnet Framework.

Is this true? I know that Dotnet Core is cross platform but I don't know if it could be considered superior

Redpill me on Dotnet Jow Forums

Attached: kisspng-net-framework-c-net-core-software-framework-mon-studio-5abb543b9c9cc0.0743300915222262356415 (900x980, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2018/10/10/net-keynote.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you’re in a Windows environment, .Net Framework is fine. The brainlets on reddit just like to shill core all day long.

.NET Core is the future regardless of what platform you're on. Microsoft themselves have said so.

It's BS. MS is forcing server-side developers to switch to core, while client-side developers are stuck with the framework.

Unless MS changes direction on the latter, it's a waste of time, just stick with Java.

Java is a mess compared to C#, we are porting all our backend services to net core because of that

Is the same as net framework, some functions have become nuget packages but at the end if the day is just the same

If you're going to be forced to work with two different code bases anyway, you might as well use java for the backend.

source?

What's the current? Last time I used .net, the answer was "an endless series of changes"

Does it fully work on Linux yet or is it still just for enterprise retards?

Microsoft is jumping on the open source/cross-platform bandwagon. They realized that this is the future so they're heavily investing on it.

visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2018/10/10/net-keynote.aspx
>In a Visual Studio Live! conference keynote Tuesday a couple of Microsoft program managers were on hand to discuss what's going on with .NET today and tomorrow, clearly signaling that .NET Core is the future of the ecosystem and that programmers should use it for all new development projects.
>"We will continue to update the .NET Framework, but you'll see it slowing down," Massi said
>"So you shouldn't feel pressured to move off .NET Framework, but just know that it's going to be much more highly targeted compatible fixes kind of going forward and we recommend that all new development that you start on .NET is on .NET Core if possible," Massi said

See

Yes, now that Azure exists. Not that I'm complaining. Azure is way better from a dev perspective than GCP and AWS.

Elaborate.

Will learning f# get me a job

>client-side developers
Who?

Java might as well not have front-end. If you are starting a new project on Java desktop GUI, you are retarded.

Why? We love C# syntax and sugar, all just seems less messy

Botnet framework am i rite??

>Dotnet Core
It's fucking annoying trying to deploy to Linux from Windows. I always get like 50 fucking megabytes in 5000 DLL files. It's a pain in the ass to debug in Windows and copy code to a new Linux project to get around the deploy clusterfuck.

why aren't you deploying a docker container like the rest of us in 2019?

>docker
FUCK docker. Docker is fucking retarded. My Hyper-V Linux ISO takes 20 megabytes of disk space (for all of them) and 190 megabytes of RAM for each instance, and I don't need to worry about fucking kernel bugs letting a remote attacker take over the entire fucking system.
>muh containers
All running on the same dogshit security kernel. Great, just fucking great.

Desktop apps.

>20mb
What?