The new nintendo switch

The new nintendo switch.

Attached: Annotation.png (1442x903, 138K)

No mainline pogeymans game, no sale.

There's one releasing late this year.

Also reminder that they could go straight to Xavier (Volta architecture).

Attached: Annotation 2.png (1013x475, 34K)

There’s no reason to assume they will upgrade to an X2

What devices even have the X1?

That is 300mm2 chip on 12nm process, thats not going into any mobile device

>going from shit bing bing wahoo hardware to yoshiiii! hardware
who cares besides drones?

So they get 3 years old tech 5+ years after? Wowee 202x is gonna fucking suck for nintoddlers

is denver 2 a 100% direct derivative of of a53/57?
if no, then not a fucking chance would this be the next switch because backwards compatibility can not be guaranteed, and I doubt nintendo is going to burn the consol this soon.

xavier could work, but even that's a stretch.

This. Isn't the Switch like 1 year old?

the current shitch has an x1, underclocked to 1 GHz. You can """"""""""""oc""""""""""""" it to its actual speed with hacks.

Nintendo refreshes their shit fairly often with mobile.
a better display, a better processor, better battery, some functionality that wasn't there from the beginning but they see they are lacking, however nintendo doesn't fully upgrade their hardware to different things, especially in the same gen, they would at most put put something with a higher potential clock rate so maybe if a new cpu happens it would be x1 ported to 12/7nm, unless full backwards compatibility can be guaranteed, but going from a quad core to a dual core likely isn't happening, however the 8 core could do it potentially.

There's no much point in using a better GPU on the switch because the memory bandwidth will cripple it.
25GB/s is all you can get from mobile memory chips.
The tegra X2 allows you to go to 50GB/s, but to do so, you have to use 4 LPDDR4 memory chips, and that would fuck with the battery time even more.
So the X1 was and still is a good choice until the mobile memory unfucks itself.

>Anyone thinking nintendo is going to do "pro" style upgrades like Sony of Microsoft

Unless Nvidia or some other hardware manufacturer somehow makes a mobile chip as powerful as a 1050ti/1650ti by 2021 that nintendo can use you may as well stick to your delusions.

> List a newer SoC
> claim it's for a new gen of a product based on an older generation of that SoC
Genius!

Remember when the 3D accelerators were on the games themselves?

Attached: IMG_4269.jpg (440x314, 55K)

That was not exactly a 3D accelerator. The only graphic function in this chip is to convert a linear framebuffer to snes tiles.
The 3D stuff was all just raw CPU grunt, which is why you can do stuff like doom that is not rasterized triangles.

Got it, thanks user. Makes sense how it could do Doom, 2D sprite manipulation (Yoshi's Island) and traditional 3D (Star Fox, Star Fox 2)

OOOAAAHAHAHAHOHNONONONONONONO l00k at 'dis d00d - .

Attached: 1544039610279.gif (400x300, 973K)

amd+navi would need to be sub 10 watt, I have no doubt zen 2 can do that and crush nvidias offering in power, but can navi clock that low or have that few cu and still do it?

I mean we have a 20cu navi devkit doing near vega 64 and near vega 2 numbers depending on load, nothing on games yet, so maybe amd really has something good on their hands that could scale down to a switch successor, but I doubt it will be amd with backwards compatibility, it would be a fully new console, and it's too early for that.

Have sex

If there isn't a better GPU in the dock then I don't really give a shit what Nintendo vomits out.

Have sex with someone you actually like.

It works pretty well though, especially if you consider how many 60fps games there are for the Switch.
Can't say the same for XO and PS4. And then the Switch is also portable.

Attached: karen.jpg (539x477, 34K)

i bet games look like shit on that tablet screen, imagine connecting that to the TV

because m$ and sony fell for the resolution meme

Attached: fleshpad-625x350.jpg (625x350, 33K)

>sub 10 watt
current 14nm ryzen laptop apus are 15Watt.
I betcha that the _same_ apu without any modifications can target/do 10watt.

I think it really depends on the game.
For RDR2 I think 4K is great, but for Smash Bros having 60fps is better.

N1ggerzb0p sword and shield!

>Nintendo 3DS!
>Nintendo 3DS XL!
>Nintendo 2DS!
>New Nintendo 3DS!
>New Nintendo 3DS XL!
>New Nintendo 2DS XL!

>Nintendo DS
>Nintendo DS Lite
>Nintendo DSi

>Gameboy Advance
>Gameboy Advance SP
>Gameboy Micro

waiting for the nu-switch lite though i'm very tempted to buy the current one since you can "hack" it with a fucking paperclip, based nvidia "security" on par with intel

>if you consider how many 60fps games there are for the Switch.
honestly i've played more games with sub-30fps and dogshit framedrops on this piece of shit than "silky smooth 60fps" games. in fact I think only first party nintendo games are 60fps (BOTW aside, but I mean mario games and mariokart docked)
any "real" game that's on other platforms, even fucking rainworld or hollow knight which shouldn't have any problems running at all, have fps dips. doom and warframe dip down to 540p to try to maintain 30fps and still can't.

They're gonna jump to an X3