Red Pill Me on coding bootcamps

Red Pill Me on coding bootcamps.

Attached: YuT6jH9C6I3AR6NL2lYc_blB7vGOxYPUfHK_ysTmQQE.jpg (1080x1350, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/yardeniivelez/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you want a deep-dive into a language, they can be good, but you have to find one that has good instructors and isn't targeting a crowd that has never programmed before
there's so many scam camps these days

I'm more worried about getting a job.

Founder and mananger hire some unemployer coders, rent some shitty place and get a lot money from people want to get software developer money.

Some best bussiness in software industry is sell programming courses

dont go to a bootcamp to get a job
employers want degrees
it's slowly changing, but many places will greatly favor people with degrees over those who dont
you're probably better off teaching yourself and having an impressive github, but if you have no prior experience a bootcamp might help you if you find a non-scam one

Scam

I'm in a college course right now and it isn't going well, it's extremely rigorous and it's clear they want a portion of people to tap out.

God ddamn latinas are the best; why even bother with white women

I don't think dev bootcamps are particularity good if you don't have already a programming (or engineering at least) background. There are tons of stuff that enable you to be a competent software engineer that isn't taught in coding bootcamps, like setting up a dev environment, using version control, using the command line, networking, computer science concepts such as linked lists and maps/trees, software engineering practices like the design/develop/test/deploy cycle, etc etc.

As an example, we have this guy at work that studied math and statistics, he's pretty good at data analysis with python, which is great for our project, but he doesn't know how to use git, his computer is a mess, he doesn't know about coding style conventions, naming conventions, doesn't use exception handling, all his variable names make no sense, etc etc. We have to baby him through everything that ISN'T data science.

most STEM majors have weed-out courses
what you learn at college will be far more comprehensive than any coding bootcamp
coding bootcamps dont go in depth on networking, high performance computing, data structures, optimization, etc
there's no shortage of programmers, there's a major shortage of intelligent programmers. colleges tend to help refine the later.
also, many colleges have good career resources to help you find an internship which will greatly improve your prospects, in addition to the job security of a college degree (people w/o a degree will be the first to go in budget cuts)
should you continue in college? idk, depends on the school, if you're treading water, and your tuition. but it'll probably be better to continue college than go to a bootcamp which no employer will care about

Definitely. My company paid for a bootcamp for my team when upper management decided we had to use node like everyone else, and it was really helpful in understanding how JS works, but if you weren't a programmer already, it would be basically useless.

Get a 2-year degree in some community college, it will be a much better learning experience than a coding bootcamp. Try to make friends with professors and get job through them.

And, reminder, it's not illegal to lie on your CV. You can claim you have a 4 year degree and it is NOT ILLEGAL. If they ask for proof (they probably won't) you just say you have accepted an offer elsewhere

WE ALL WENT TO COLLEGE SENPAI

Revolt against credentialism. Fight the system that fucked you. Lie about having a degree

The computer science students at my (reputable, public) university are a fucking joke. Watching 3rd year students struggle to perform basic tasks using basic tools is just astounding. I have witnessed someone trying to type bash commands into IDLE. Whole classrooms of students utterly baffled by git. Unaware of ternary operators. Their entire underatanding of algorithms consists of sorting algorithms and various tree shit. No understanding of scheduling, GC, or memory allocation algorithms, among other things.

What would this be called? Associates in computer science?

I've never seen one personally not the person you responded to.

children that don't look odd?

Attached: 141004_george_p_bush_17_ap_328_605.jpg (605x328, 22K)

What happens when they ask for proof after you accept the offer?

Photoshop

bro wtf!!! im on NoFap this thicc ass latina will kill my streak bro not cool

Attached: 1528924980779.jpg (960x540, 67K)

guys i called my gf a cunt and she set my keyboard on fire and threw it out the window what should i do

la goblinas

go outside and get the remains of keyboard then proceed to bash her head in with it

Redpoll me on who this cutie is and what's her Instagram

i need those thighs wrapped around my head desu

Attached: reigen horny and lonely.jpg (918x592, 96K)

instagram.com/yardeniivelez/

You may be right, but you don't need any of that to actually find a decent job. It's all about frameworks, web, meme languages and social networking.

What about a Data Science degree combined with say a Github portfolio of Dataquest material?

Attached: f5e14e21c2c4d097eef59a93a40a4506.jpg (1196x1605, 224K)

Why does she look so stubby? is she a midget? Not that I mind because my dick would look big compared to her body.
Also no OP, they are just a fag orgy with some coding every now and then

Employ yourself. Create an enviable portfolio that proves you have the skills and no one will care that you haven't been making coffee at some agency for six years.

Bump!

Attached: Whaling_harpoon.jpg (640x573, 88K)

yuck dude.

Employers would much rather hire a CS grad over someone who learnt to program from a bootcamp since the CS grad would have more experience with various individual and group assignments throughout their course, so it's not like the piece of paper you get for completing it will give you much of a boost in the job market. And you can learn pretty much everything they teach you for free with online tutorials, so it's not like it's worth the money either.