Switching to fish from omzsh

it takes like 8 seconds now to `source $ZSH/oh-my-zsh.sh` from within my `.zshrc`. holy shit fuck that. fuck you. fuck god. smash everything.

Attached: Terminal_Logo_CRT_Small.png (275x275, 8K)

holy FUCK this shell is nuts. it has all the shit and it loads instantly.

OMZSH IS TRASH

Attached: thumb_a-rare-ass-neckbeard-liberal-youtuber-pepe-27459572.png (200x216, 30K)

zsh; the 'z' is for zooomer

t. ksh user

So apparently fish has not one but at least three distinct FUCKING PACKAGE MANAGERS. Why does a shell need package managers? Zoomers, please explain yourselves. Why do we need package managers and YAML and JSON files everywhere, oh my god what are you doing.

>1990 technology
>Write a piece of code as a C++ project
>Write one make file to build it
>Write a shell script to start it
>If it's complex enough, there is one config file
>Runs a single process
That piece of code could be an RDBMS, stock exchange software, something to control a satellite, etc.

>2019 technology
>Write a piece of code in 5 different languages
>It needs a package manager to build
>There are 493 dependencies, including the same packages but with 8 different versions, multiple packages that do almost the same thing, and probably a crypto miner
>You need to edit 9 different config files in YAML, JSON or worse
>It runs as micro-services in 8 different Docker instances, but thankfully you can use Globurnatus or something even newer to manage them
>The documentation is a README.md files and a set of issues in Github

My shell is nodejs

ksh; the 'k' is for kike

t. zsh user

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-073226.png (1080x1920, 104K)

zsh is fine. oh-my-zsh is Macfag bloat.

ok zoomer

t. bash user

>using a command line shell on a desktop PC

damn boomers it's almost 2020 time to use a fucking GUI.

>So apparently fish has not one but at least three distinct FUCKING PACKAGE MANAGERS. Why does a shell need package managers? Zoomers, please explain yourselves.
maybe because they aren't part of fish and are developed for fun by random unafiliated ding bats

b in bash is for boomer

t. dash user

>zoomers use zsh
>boomers use bash
>doomers use dash
Surprisingly accurate

ok the winning setup is fish-shell, and then fisher to install spacefish. the only customizations are to add the date/time to the prompt. multiline prompt means my copy/pastes are clean boss.

i am pleased

Attached: 1551351175021.png (1655x931, 1005K)

I'm a doomer and use fish+dash

Why would you even need anything but default?

im not sure that i do. i like the git/python/node prompt features. maybe i don't need it though and ill go back to default in 4 days

>git
Is available in the base package.

what's the purpose of anything other than bash? If I have a bash script will is work on zsh or fish?
Will it mess my shit up?

just use bash snowflakes

Attached: 1548538598254.jpg (500x465, 36K)

that reminds me I was supposed to switch to fish yesterday, omzsh is fucking retarded, made by fucking redditors.

>why yes, i do use busybox ash, how could you tell?

Attached: 2019-03-13 02.34.33.jpg (634x634, 129K)

What's wrong with bash? Ssh into any server and you know it's there for you. Why get used to anything else and then have to mentally switch between shells? Bash is the standard.

the interpreter is usually specified in the #! at the top of the script, so no.
because your mom pees all over your dad and you're a grown ass adult now

Attached: 1547971464928.jpg (654x655, 21K)

Okay, spacefish is pretty nice.
Also got the FZF integration plugin.
Now searching history is even better.

Attached: 2019-03-13-14:49:17-screenshot.png (628x500, 34K)

because the point about linux is that you have a fucking choice, you want another shell? there's 4 to choose from, have fucking fun. you sound like a fucking kike.

>mentally switch between shells
You have to be mentally challenged for that to become a true inconvenience.

Real doomers use dash as their interactive shell

what are the benefits of dash over bash? is it not just a bash clone optimized for embedded systems?

Attached: 1551719569155.jpg (1351x1016, 111K)

It's speed and size, yes

>use dash as their interactive shell
That's just silly.
Dash is not meant to be interactive.
That's what fish is for.

i would add that it even has reduced functionality when compared with bash. it's kinda strange to even mention it in a thread about alternative shells geared toward usability. i also like to deepthroat massive cocks, though. i like it when he pushes my head down as he cums so it goes all the way down my throat. i've probably swallowed a gallon of jizz since i started sucking dick.

Yes, I also take every meme comment in a thread like this for face value.
I'm using bash with dash as login shell, but I've been wanting to try fish or zsh for a while now.

Non POSIX

well i've been using omzsh for years and it's been fine but i didn't realize it was taking so fucking long to load every time i open a new terminal. fish does all the shit and loads instantly. imo the choice is obvious. the last dick i sucked was a lot bigger than mine. i started throating him immediately and gagged like crazy. i guess i just need more practice with bigger cocks.

>well i've been using omzsh
Please tell me what thoughts you had in mind when installing that trash. I can't even tell what it does from their website or github. A package manager for prompts and some .zshrc snippets? Can't you just copy those few lines of text manually?

true. i guess if i want to paste in some crazy one liners, ill start by typing "bash" first. i fucked my girlfriends throat a little while ago while thinking about sucking dick.

its the stupid script that provides all the usability features that you think of when people mention alternative shells. i haven't used zsh without it and i'm not sure what the point would be.

Holy fuck. I've been using oh-my-zsh for a while and this is much faster. It's a shame that it's not POSIX compliant tho.

pasting this from some hackernews discussion:

POSIX non-compliance is a feature, not a disadvantage, of the fish shell. It means there is less legacy baggage and syntactical inconsistency. I can count the number of POSIX/bash compliance-related issues I've had with fish on one hand, all of which were easily dealt with. For example, Vim assumes that your shell isshcompatible, but addingset shell=shin your .vimrc solves that. The only other significant one for me was virtualenvwrapper, which doesn't support fish. Not a problem: Virtualfish solves that handily:[...]

Want to run a bash script? Just runbash fooshnizzle.sh. Want to switch to bash for a moment? Runbashand thenexitwhen you want to switch back to fish. This POSIX-compatibility topic is, in my opinion, much ado about nothing.

Attached: 1533419047935.jpg (680x680, 48K)

Well put. Thanks user.