You may not like it...

You may not like it, but this is what distro's peak performance looks like(till Ubuntu dies and they move to Debian for good)

Attached: mint.jpg (1024x768, 43K)

Which desktop environment do you use?

Xfce

>You may not like it
But I like it. Cinnamon is top comfy.

Attached: 1448331002713.jpg (2226x3100, 1.92M)

Can I somehow install Mint with a newer kernel than the one it ships with (4.15)? I need it for my hardware and I can't stand Ubuntu anymore

Uboonpoo and Fedora *m'lady* couldn't do sound right or broke after 3 months. Now I'm on mint with cinnamon with zero issues but now I'm into cuckholding?

In the update managers there's Kernel management in options. By default 4.15 is installed but you can also choose 4.18 without relying on any third party software for updates.

I wonder how is LMDE anyway compared to "mainstream" Mint hmm
Sort of tempted to try it one day

But I can't even live boot into Mint because the kernel doesn't support my hardware, let alone install a new kernel in update manager

If UBENTO is debian for retards, mint is like debian for super retarded mongoloids.

Windows 98> linux mint
Late security updates and many other things

cinnamon is bloat cancer
mint doesn't have security advisories and their page has been hacked several times
piece of shit distro, even ubuntu is less shit
use debian or fedora retard

Come back when you have working SELinux

ubuntu sites have been hacked more often.
ubuntu forums had millions of user personal info stolen.
mint website was hacked for 1 day and the download link for the 64 bit cinnamon iso was changed to point to a compromised iso on a bulgarian file server. The checksum did not match, and torrents were not effected.

You retards really need to google how kernel version numbers work.
The third number is changed when new drivers and features are added.
The last number is changed when security updates come out.
Using the latest major or minor revision doesn't necessarily mean you're more secure or have better hardware support. It's actually just more likely your at greater risk of bugs or regressions.

Does it have security issues compared to Ubuntu?
Or is that just retarded lies being passed around?

It's more secure than Ubuntu, it just had one episode of shit like mentioned

they use similar packages. the only vulnerability is (((flash player))) which is by default included if you opt for 3rd party codecs and software during installation. It's retarded that they still include it, but it's opt-in and can be uninstalled.

For the most part it basically IS ubuntu.
The majority of packages come from the lastest ubuntu long term support version.
You can browse what packages come from mint's own repos in the gui package manager. Mate, Cinnamon, and settings and control panels, extra non-free codecs and stuff, firefox ....

Devuan or Debian?

I'm just here to see if I get the quints.

How is it more secure, Is Ubuntu tripping over itself or something?
Doesn't it use the same repos and packages anyway, how can it be more secure?

underrated

user is dumb. It's not more secure. There isn't a way to prove which of the distros is more secure outside of just adding up the security vulnerabilities of their packages. Since Mint is just Ubuntu with similar packages it's safe to say they're equally secure.

Debian because Devuan is outdated, unless you like that

I switched from Windows 10 to Kubuntu, but it was buggy af. Then I switched to Mint, but it felt outdated and Cinnamon only supports scaling factors 1 and 2 which is gay.
I switched to Windows 7 after my experiments.
Now I consider going back to Linux. I wont use Ubuntu, Kubuntu or Mint, thats for sure, and Gentoo, Arch and Fedora are too highIQ for me.
Thinking about going for MX Linux, does anyone have experiences with it?

Attached: grayDubu04.jpg (1200x1800, 340K)

>Thinking about going for MX Linux, does anyone have experiences with it?
It's debian stable with lots of gui tools to help first timers or if you're feeling lazy to put commands on the terminal. Has some weird glitches in their tools but it's stable and has newer packages than Debian stable while being based on its stable branch. Comes with flatpack right away, you can create snapshots with literally one click.
It's a good distro in my view. I'm just too used to Debian and since the differences are so marginal there's no point.

Install Manjaro

MX Linux is fine but you should stay on Kubuntu or Mint Cinnamon/Xfce until you get used to Linux. It's not a "standard normie distro" so if you're looking for help some things may not be 100% compatible with distros based on Ubuntu unless you want to use the terminal.

website security is not at all indicative of OS security. They probably outsource that shit and its not like you’re giving your email or CC to them anyways.