Friendly Comfy Windows 2 Electric Boogaloo

>First Version you ever used
>Favorite Version you ever used
>What would you add in and take out?
>Advice for Windows users
Possibly a place to ask for help and advice
All Hail the Command-Prompt.
[spoiler]if you want to disable Win10 updates run regedit navigate through HKEY current user, it's under software I think. Maybe. I don't fucking know how it works but neither does MS so piss off.[/spoiler]

Attached: Do Obscure Loli's Dream of DOS.jpg (1024x768, 471K)

>2000
>XP
>remove botnet, material design and other bs
>if you are usising 10, switch to 7 or linux

Whats that thing behind the anime grill? I know is msdos but whats the context?

help me understand something.

windows 10 sells for over 100, but if I find a refurbished duo with windows 10 for 80 bucks, couldnt I just buy the refurb for the hard drive? am I missing something here?

Floppy disk , bright red and greens colors and doom.

Bump, interested.

hypnotized by desu

win98
wingblows 7 is already perfect , but win10 education/LTSC is the nearest you can get
install windows 10 ltsc today

Not sure if change of mobo won't mess with activation / system itself.
But if you manage to get an install disk (some manufacturers got it on website), you can extract activation key from old machine and do a clean install with it

>2000 or ME (can't remember, probably the second)
>XP
>Luna and Royale are the best themes ever created. Also remove botnet and make the thing actually purchasable and don't pretend it's going to be subscription based.
>Either Windows 10 LTSC, Tiny 7 or Linux

>3.1
>98SE but I can enjoy XP and Vista SP2 now that I'm older and newer ones are so fucking bad.
>more applications like notepad and solitaire, less shit like windows store
>since you can't use DOS and win10 is shit, try LTSB/LTSC/AME or just use 7 until you can't anymore, like me, and then move to Linux. never too late to learn.

1: You dont need to pay for win10. You can literally download it from MS and not activate it, or activate it with a 7 or 8/8.1 key. I used the one on the back of my laptop from 2009 and it worked.
2: You can buy win10 home keys for literally $8, and pro for about 11.50. Techbargains had a link to some key site and it was legit. I am too lazy to link now, but just go check techbargains site and sleect software category.

>3.1
>2000
>it should come with msys2 preinstalled
>set HKCU\Control Panel\Input Method\EnableHexNumpad="1" to enable unicode with alt-codes

Take out the audio stack and replace it with something that isn't complete trash
Same with the NT kernel and the NTFS file system, both of those should've been upgraded to something better eons ago.

>First Version you ever used
Some heavily customized version of 3.11 on an ancient Compaq Presario or HP Pavilion.
>Favorite Version you ever used
W7
W10's kernel and hardware detection.
Windows no longer needs to reinstall upon getting a new system. You can literally stick your old SSD into your new system and W10 will redetect all the hardware and boot without any problem.

Attached: 1531556506614.png (1600x1600, 1.65M)

Hey so I reverse searched the image and found this. Still don't know the context. Pretty trippy huh?

Attached: Dos1screen.png (640x404, 66K)

neat

2000 and ME are the same thing desu

Attached: windows essentials 2018.png (2023x7836, 1.85M)

>vista
>2000
>just make another 2000
>use linux until ms makes 2000 again

I remember going to walmart and playing doom on the windows computers.

Attached: Doom poster.jpg (2711x4093, 2.59M)

t. doomer