Audio General

Audio General

vintage or new gear

what do you have?
what do you want?
stuff you had and sold etc

please post pics

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parts-express.com/lepai-lp-2020ti-digital-hi-fi-audio-mini-class-d-stereo-amplifier-with-power-supply--310-3000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do you thousands to play music in a small acoustically compromised room?

nice digits dawg

right back atcha. dawg

should I buy the Edifier R1280T?
I dont have anything, just want to get my feet wet into audio stuff

Attached: 1552471882161.jpg (576x512, 53K)

starting to put together a system to listen to vinyl on. i want a turntable, a pair of speakers and an integrated amplifier. i'll probably add a CD player too since i have hundreds of them
thinking about buying a pair of pic related - JBL 4307
I want a pair of L100, but they are twice the cost of these

Attached: AJBL4307.jpg (572x438, 25K)

do any of you guys really listen to vinyls?

Guys I need AMP+DAC recommendations for pic related, I've been researching for weeks and I can't fucking come up with anything. I have 600 burgers to spend give or take.

Attached: 1537671575188.png (1033x368, 87K)

there were some good audio threads a couple days ago.
i guess they're just hit or miss

you already have an amp

Attached: 320edfaf.jpg (1920x1352, 147K)

Nice get.
I has a sansui 9090db
250 watts per side @ 8 ohms
fisher cd player
Want apropos pair of speakers.

thanks and nice dubs!

Sansui is a nice choice

at this point i think i'm looking for a pre-owned Marantz.
not sure about a turntable and or CD player
i'd also like to get a pair of JBL speakers
i'm not really an audiophile. i play music and i look for certain things when i'm listening.
fidelity is not so much of an issue, but i guess i do want a system with certain sonic qualities. no way i could tell you what those qualities are though if you were to ask

finally an audio thread. ok Jow Forums im in kind of a bind here. i have an old akai hifi (ac-3500) but the speakers are borked. the thing is this old shit cant push that much power and that makes finding good speakers for it hard. what are some good 40W 3-way or 30W 2-way speakers for no more than $250 each. those are the specs of the speakers ive used it with and it worked fine. any other presumably compatible recommendations are welcome

Attached: 1550681986296.png (1447x2046, 1.95M)

help a user out guys

I have a pioneer sx-880. Ive had it for about 7 years, and got it from the original owner. The sound turns off randomly sometimes (unit stays powered on). This only started recently, and sometimes it doesn't happen for a week or two. But when it happens again it does it repeatedly for the whole day. I don't understand.

Very proud of this beauty. Yes she is old, but she still kicks ass.

Attached: IMG_20190313_223351.jpg (3120x4160, 3.25M)

The audio coming from those vintage players op depicted may be shit, but I fucking love the warm colors the indicators use. Modern blue LEDs are fucking garish as hell and light up an entire room, those front panels only lit themselves up.

I had one of those types from maybe 1995-97 made by AIWA. The 5 slot CD player no longer worked and I hadn't used cassette tapes for years. This left only the AM/FM portion and the input which was connected to my TV. I opted to slim down to using this parts-express.com/lepai-lp-2020ti-digital-hi-fi-audio-mini-class-d-stereo-amplifier-with-power-supply--310-3000 which works just as well. Only problem is that fucking LED being a spotlight.

What I need to do:
>refoam my ancient hand-me-down Bose from grandparents
>buy a receiver
>buy a CD player
>figure out a way to keep my springy trampoline floor from fucking with a record player

where do i go to buy vintage aesthetic receivers with cool knobs and indicators and shit??

Attached: 1546871461927.jpg (850x1013, 630K)

Attached: IMAG1121.jpg (2592x1728, 500K)

Attached: IMAG1122.jpg (2592x1728, 586K)

maybe it's overheating?
i'd open it to see if there's a lot of dust and if there is i'd take some compressed air to it

>audio coming from those vintage players op depicted may be shit
citation?

Technics sa-gx180 receiver

Is it marantz posting time?

Attached: m.jpg (1600x1200, 774K)

yes pls

Are audio technica turntables worth the hype? or are they just a meme? any good reccomendations for a direct drive turn table? I was looking at the lp120.

Digitech RP155, Yamaha HS7, Keystation 88, 24 fret Ibanez
Launchkey 61 Mk2
Sold a guitar and an effects processor

Been looking for a sound bar with switchable hdmi inputs. Seen a handful of old Sony branded ones, but the trend lately send to be wireless inputs, which seems to miss the point of having one as a pass through device.

>sound bar

Attached: 1551875910106.jpg (242x338, 16K)

Heh that looks like my brother. Based

not sure what to go with for my power amplifier options
>onkyo m504 with big VU meters because I like big VU meters
>mcintosh mc2100 because it's mcintosh

Attached: JBL.jpg (800x1200, 219K)

hitler dubs ftw

what model is that? looks nice

JBL L100T, the home version of the JBL 4412 studio monitor. I'm looking at the JBL 4408 studio monitor for my bedroom hifi. The home version of that one is the JBL L60T. Quite big for bookshelves, 17"x12"x"11" (HxWxD).

i remember 'someone' i knew had a pair od pic related when i was a kid
any comments on Klipsch?
they looked like this anyway, not sure about the exact model

Attached: g714HRSY3WN-o_other0.jpg (620x378, 17K)

reminds me of maplestory

Attached: maplestory-stump.png (420x420, 251K)

>maplestory
i don't ebin know wut that is
but
topkek

very good speakers that are known for their use of horns

>Have
V-DAC II DAC, O2 headphone amp, NAD C 326BEE amp, Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 speakers, BK Electronics Gemini II sub, HE4XX & HD650 headphones
>Want
Not much actually, I'm quite pleased with my current audio setup and I've had it for years. I suppose I haven't found my 'ideal' headphone yet, I'd like something that's basically HD650 but with more/punchier sub-bass and less rolloff, but I'm happy enough with what I've got that I'm not really looking to spend any more money.

I was thinking of buying an Atom headphone amp/preamp, but I haven't ordered once since I don't think I would ever notice the difference between that and my O2. It just seems like a waste to 'retire' my perfectly functional O2 and replace it with something newer that won't make any noticeable difference.

30-40W per channel should be more than fine for a room I'd think. I don't really know how to suggest replacement speakers in particular. I'd just look for speakers which the amp can drive impedance wise and if you're afraid it won't be loud enough have a look at sensitivity and pick something relatively sensitive. Also make sure of course that the speakers are rated to handle the amp's power output.

Attached: crop_small.jpg (1536x1671, 1.48M)

any opinions on new Marantz?

thinking about picking up a PM6006 Integrated Amplifier for about 1/2 of usual retail cost

> posted a week ago
This is my collection of old amps and receivers. Most of them are $10 and $20 thrift store gets. The Yamaha in the bottom right needs new bulbs, but other than that, they all work fine.

Attached: 20190307_195742.jpg (2560x1440, 1.26M)

How have you been researching for weeks if you didn't realize that those monitors come with amps?
Also retarded audiophile DACs are not for studio monitors. Any popular interface will do. Look at the Mackie Big Knob or the presonus audiobox. They are called audio interfaces because studios understand that fighting about DACs is for autists. Also, if you're mixing, don't forget that the most important tool when mixing is consistency. You don't need a 100% perfect setup as long as you know your room and levels. That said learn how to properly place and balance your monitors when you get them because it takes about 10 minutes (whether you are mixing or not).

beautiful collection of amps and receivers

nice dubs but they will never change the fact that you are a flaming douche nozzle

all the thrift store stuff around here is either disgustingly broken or snatched right as they get put on the shelves
>tfw socal
>tfw hobos spend all day in the store and stink it up

Look at them with the grills off. It's a lot of speaker packed into a small box.
The few times I've heard them demo'd they sounded, well, meh.
They're loud.....

Attached: Heresy III int.jpg (1024x614, 119K)

nice! makes me want to go thrifting but it is such a waste of time

it fucking sucks in my area. I've gone to thrift stores every day
>only find black plastic crap
>"""""hifi""""" systems like
I've only found a few things worth writing home aobut
>JVC tape deck with a broken mechanism I don't want to put the effort into fixing
>JVC CD player that works and I use for my hifi
>sansui audio timer that I use
>a pair of pioneer speakers that sound god awful
I have yet to fix the pioneer speakers, I might just dump them at another thrift store

hrm
not sure re what point your trying to make besides you dont liek them

inb4
>>your

i was considering overheating because it started happening when it was pretty warm in here, but today it was a pretty normal temperature and it started happening as soon as i turned it on this morning. now it seems fine tonight. it also never happened once during the summer when it was disgustingly hot in here. ill clean it anyways.

honestly, my knowledge about this type of thing is minimal, but i know dust can cause overheating and i also know it can be random

also though, based on years of using musical instrument amplifiers, i know there can be a multitude of problems.. capacitors etc

i'd still open it up and see if anything just looks odd

They had no real bottom end, despite the 12" woofer. They also have that mid range honk that you expect from cheaper old speakers.
I'm not saying they sound terrible, but they certainly don't sound +$2000 good.
I think they're just trading on their name to justify the price.

ok, thanks. point taken.
nice review tbhfam, thanks

Direct drive is a meme

>Direct drive is a meme
citation?

Did I just buy some marantz speakers off you ?

Kenwood KR0A3060 (1994-1995 or so), found at a Goodwill for $9, works perfectly

Attached: 2019-03-13 21.42.57.jpg (1330x558, 163K)

Using it for Technics SB-L51 speakers (early 80s, I think 1981 or 1982) that I also found at a Goodwill, for $12

Attached: 2019-03-13 21.49.49.jpg (1330x834, 314K)

found this boomer shit in my parent's basement
I think it is a CD player. it works but audio is not loud enough. what amplifier would look good on top of it?

Attached: 24383298712.jpg (3264x1064, 1.29M)

Fucking Noice. My brother had one in our attic room of course i was kickin up dust with that and a pair of JBL's and criterions.

>aesthetic

not actual vintage?

Attached: 1060.jpg (900x588, 70K)

depends on what money you'd like to spend. most good looking vintage amps with good specs cost a bit

In a trash pile

>have:
ME geithain me25
Neumann kh805
diy amp

im trying to build up a set of 1990 sony es equipment

Yea I've been running 30W speakers for years and they've always been loud enough for my space. The problem is most decent speakers I see (decent as in good brand with good frequency response etc) are rated at 100W or above with the only sub 50W speakers I see being cheap shits. Any actual models to look at ?

where the hell can I get audio store signs? I want a dealer sign for pioneer or JBL

Dude I almost did something freaking fucking stupid holy shit, thank you so much. Now everything makes sense.

Attached: 1551359873453.jpg (1167x887, 572K)

I still have and use an Aiwa, paired with 2 Technics speakers that were given to me. Works well for what it's worth. CD player is kill however.

i dont really understand any of this but does this really mean that one of the resistors should short the connection? i could not find any pictures of these so theres only these weird diagrams and i dont want to destroy my amp with this

Attached: 1534920093873.png (665x1290, 129K)

>what do you have?
Technics SU-VX620 stereo amplifier
>what do you want?
I don't know. Maybe something that puts out more than 50W per channel into 8ohm speakers.
My amp is about 25 years old now and needs to be serviced. I don't know if I should do it or buy a new one.

looks like i did understand it right since theres no smoke and everything works with the resistor bricks installed

looks like the bass is better and the insane oversensitivity is gone too

Attached: 1524012916376.jpg (371x532, 27K)

>since theres no smoke
lol'd
good job though - congrats

because even that is better than headphones

Got these old bookshelf speakers, tuner and amp from my aunt. Love em. Unfortunately, I have them hooked up to one of those shitty briefcase turntables until I can save up for something better

Attached: 20190314_133702.jpg (2322x3301, 3.67M)

theres no way that just putting some resistors in there changes the sound so much.. maybe it changed the impedance or something so it now works better with the amp. they are like completely different speakers now

Attached: 1540136967004.jpg (662x484, 28K)

I have some 4313B and enjoy them very much

looks really good inside still, just blew a bit of dust out. i reconnected everything and it sounds like the right channel is outputting less now, the meters are also moving less on it. does that mean its outputting less or receiving less from the source?

now that i'm looking at the meters they stop moving completely when i have the issue with the unit clicking off. looks like its from the radio (which i dont use) as well as AUX. i don't have any phono plugged in right now.

Sorry, no idea about models since I haven't been really keeping up to date with the market since I bought my own speakers, it's been years since. That being said, just because a speaker is rated for 100W doesn't mean you need a 100W amp or that you're constantly going to be pushing 100W through the thing even if your amp is capable of delivering that power. That's a maximum power rating, for most regular room sizes at normal, not ear damaging volume you will be using far, far below 100W.

Sensitivity matters here, because sensitivity is a measurement of how loud the sound the speaker produces is when supplied with a particular amount of power, at a particular distance away from the speaker (like 90 dB @ 1W, 1m away). I'm pretty sure 30W is going to be enough for all but the least sensitive speakers out there as long as you don't want anything to get crazy loud.

What is a good mp3 player I can get for cheap? Just looking for something that I can use separately from my phone.

Attached: aamsseykh4n01.jpg (966x768, 128K)

this is the wrong thread, but sandisk clip

>sandisk clip
I'll check it out, thanks. Why is this the wrong thread? I figured it would be okay since it's the audio thread. Is there another thread?

Well, if you want to listen music home there are really no alternatives.

based

victrola

My iPod video with CF/SD mod died a few years ago and just got around to buying what is probably a decade old battery from China. Thought maybe the board died, but the new battery has resurrected it.

Very happy, now I can listen to CITY/SHITTY POP in work

Did you know that none of the major city pop artists have their material on Apple Music Japan?

Attached: IMG_3308.jpg (947x1263, 138K)

>city pop artists
wat?

i wouldn't say wrong thread but this thread's dedicated to home hi-fis. portable music players have a general that pops up every now and then. a good starter would be the sansa clip+ and flashing it with rockbox. other more expensive options are fiio, shanling, or sony walkman

are tube amps memes

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1000x764, 74K)

I want to buy a DAC for my AKG 240s what have you guys had experience with and what do you recommend.

vintage tube amps are generally nice, but i can't really comment on newer stuff
if it looks like a meme, it probably is

i think im gonna put one between a topping d10 and my mixer that goes to my phones and powered speakers

Attached: 1552485822934.jpg (960x720, 90K)

Have anyone seen/heard jbl708p? Did they cut corners really hard on that?

Meme.

That's a piece of shit with unpowered tube put in there for aesthetics.

jap pop music from the 80s/90s

spoke too soon on the ipod. tried transferring files, failed miserably, tried to update rockbox, fucked. tried resetting, figures out the cable is completely fucked.

>the year of our lord two thousand and nineteen and ordering ipod charging cables from amazon for next day delivery

not trying to change the general theme of this thread, but i have 3 iPod Classic
not getting rid of them any time soon, but i would like to have some work done on one of them
they're great for travelling or if you spend a lot of time in a car
i think i'd like to get a FiiO at some point sooner or later
i am an oldfag who grew up with the Sony Walkman

What are some good quality speakers for PC? Mainly for music and video games.