Discord Alternatives?

Me and my friends are using Discord for chatting daily and when playing games etc.
But recently I read that Discord changed its ToS for privacy.
So we want to stop using Discord.
Do you have alternative program suggestions?
Preferably open source and should have android app.

Attached: images(12).jpg (738x415, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alternativeto.net/software/discord-app/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html
discordapp.com/privacy
batimes.com.ar/news/argentina/extortion-investigation-hones-in-on-alleged-local-and-foreign-espionage-scheme.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=yl1H_C79JRA
lausanonymous.com/Discuss/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

telegram

you could just let go of the cunnies, you know?

riot.im

Mumble for voice, Telegram for everything else

gentoo

Irc, tox

In Argentina we are in the middle of a espionage scandal, and they just alleged that the intelligence service had also spy telegram messages.

thx i'll try all of these but is mumble voice only?

I have been in the same problem except with Skype (yes, still). So far, GNU Ring (or Jami I think it's called now) has the best calling quality out of everything (even Riot), and acceptable latency for messages/placing a call. Of course the downside is that it uses the Skype model of direct calls, rather than the discord model of "voice rooms".

Matrix/Riot is the closest thing currently to a full Discord replacement.

No you can send text messages in Mumble but it's really mostly designed for just VoIP, which it does really well.
Best to pair with an actual IM client.

technically you can type in channels, but don't even bother trying, it was meant to be a voice only
Pretty much this, except there's one more full replacament option - Wire. I think riot is (getting) better though.

For just text/images xmpp is a step ahead of irc, but it lacks a decent normie frienly client on pc. Converse.js works, but eh. Riot and Wire is way better. Conversations(mobile xmpp client) is pretty great though.

Pidgin

pretty sure it's end to end encryption not sure how your intelligence agencies could crack it, now if they got into a telegram group and logged the chat via terminal lol

Could you share any links so we can read about it, friend?

Telegram uses shitty homebrewed encryption. I wouldn't be surprised if it was either broken or backdoored.

Wire Messenger. Everything else is fake (Signal, Telegram, etc.) and the only competent alternative to Wire is Riot.im which is too hard and complex to use. Wire is easy and secure.

Attached: 1551058892040.jpg (500x645, 235K)

Mumble is the best and industry standard VoIP client.
Riot.im, Ring/Jami or Tox for messages.

Wire is laggy as fuck with group VoIP.

as I understand it tox doesn't have offline messaging as a feature but thx
gnu ring (jami) looks very cool. it would be better with voice rooms but that's not a big problem i'll try it thanks
since i have some normie friends being normie friendly is important but wire looks nice

There *is* no alternative to Discord; it's the indisputable pinnacle of chat software as of 2019.
You may not like it, but that's just how it is.
As an aside, your worries about privacy are greatly overblown. Discord Inc. is a responsible company that takes every measure to strike a reasonable balance between your security as well as privacy and its revenue. You have no evidence that Discord is violating your privacy in relevant ways, and you made the claim.

>Do you have alternative program suggestions?
This does not exist, none of the freetard alternatives provide vocal rooms.
As crazy as it sounds on the 53\{ts, mumble} alternatives to discord none of them provide vocal rooms.
It's always conference calls or whatever inane pr bullshit or the project is dead.
just provide the damn rooms and won an actual millions-users market.

1. Register an XMPP account at snopyta.org or privacy.farm (or your XMPP server of choice).
2. Download any XMPP client you like (e.g. gajim, profanity, etc.)
That's it. If you want guaranteed pricavy you can encypt with GPG, omemo or OTR.

Of course you can also use IRC or tox. But XMPP is the best option for personal instant messaging, imo. IRC works best in group chats.

Ignore people who suggest a software instead of a protocol. You should choose your protocol and then use whatever software you want. Then if you dislike something just change the software.

forgot link:
alternativeto.net/software/discord-app/

There's no shortage of alternatives. There's a shortage of people willing to make the switch.

>your worries about privacy are greatly overblown
>t. Discord Inc.

spyware.neocities.org/articles/discord.html

>neocities.org
The only things that could possibly void your points even more are an anime reaction picture and emoji on the website.

based shill

Name one thing from the link provided that isn't objective fact

>As an aside, your worries about privacy are greatly overblown.
the eula are worrisome
Discord business is user data, I don't want them to make money with my informations.
I block ads/trackers network-wide at home and device-wide outside, not that they can ad-target me but it's still morally wrong and I don't accept the eula.
>Discord Inc. is a responsible company that takes every measure to strike a reasonable balance between your security as well as privacy and its revenue.
There is no such thing as balance between privacy and business, for me privacy is not marketable.
also
>You have no evidence that Discord is violating your privacy in relevant ways, and you made the claim.
discordapp.com/privacy
what do you call this

Telegram doesn't use E2EE by default. It uses client-to-server TLS. It's only "end to end" if you consider Telegram servers to be the other end, but usually we're talking about the users here.
Their actual E2EE functionality wasn't ever used by anyone in my friend list. The biggest issue is lack of multi-device sync.
> they just alleged that the intelligence service had also spy telegram messages
These are the most likely scenarios, imo:
1. They're able to enter groups through social engineering;
2. They're using Android exploits to record keyboard input and the user screen; this pwns every Android messager by definition;
3. They hacked one of Telegram servers. Would be the first case we've heard of.
I think it's probably 2, with 1 for exceptional cases.

Attached: 1537854805709.jpg (1378x1378, 547K)

came here to post this.
mumble technically has text chat but its like IRC so not really that good
mumble has the best voice call quality out of everything; but i cant get teamspeak 3 guild to switch lol.
underrated

okey Mr. Discord Employee
>As an aside, your worries about privacy are greatly overblown
you don't have rights to decide about my worries, I just don't like the idea of someone eavesdropping my conversations with my friends.
>Discord Inc. is a responsible company
I don't understand what you meant with this. Did you ever take a look at Discord's
support and feedback system?
>You have no evidence that Discord is violating your privacy in relevant ways, and you made the claim.
I didn't make such a claim but since Discord is originated in US it has to reply when government makes a request.
Also they changed their ToS to give less rights to users.

>mumble has the best voice call quality out of everything; but i cant get teamspeak 3 guild to switch lol.
You have to either find or host a server, though. And use a separate program for text chat. I'm not saying it's not good, just that there are tradeoffs.

IRC/Telegram for text, Mumble for voice

There *is* no alternative to IRC; it's the indisputable pinnacle of chat software as of 2019.
You may not like it, but that's just how it is.
As an aside, your worries about privacy are greatly overblown. Most IRC networks are a responsible entity that takes every measure to strike a reasonable balance between your security as well as privacy and its revenue. You have no evidence that IRC is violating your privacy in relevant ways, and you made the claim.

> plain text protocol
> secure
lol

http is plaintext too
both irc and http run over tls in the current year.
your non argument has been discarded.

mumble has rooms

where can i download the discord server software? preferably in source form so i can audit it for security holes and backdoors

who the fuck goes to an http and feels secure, stfu you old phag

IRC

>use an http and feels secure
what the literal fuck does that even mean?
seriously go get your brain checked I think you're retarded.

Any source of this? Please?

>As crazy as it sounds on the 53\{ts, mumble} alternatives to discord none of them provide vocal rooms.
>53\{ts, mumble}
can't you read?

Team speak 3

Kek perfect
I find being able to host my own server to be a pro.
only issue is if you're trying to get some thot on a macbook to voicechat with you its easier to use discord or w/e

based pajeet
you meant to type teamviewer
rip argentina

recommend me something bro

If only someone could bring together the best parts of mumble and matrix into a solid package.

batimes.com.ar/news/argentina/extortion-investigation-hones-in-on-alleged-local-and-foreign-espionage-scheme.phtml
Basically a mad man called Marcelo D'Alesso, who happened to be an AFI (Argentina's FBI) agent, did some shitty counter-intelligence operations, disguised as a lawyer, that involved famous local people such as Alejandro Fantino and Natacha Jaitt. The latter, an ex-prostitute, was found dead from a "cocaine overdose" after exposing a pedophilia organization that involved other famous people.
All this information was found on his personal computer by a judge called Alejo Ramos Padilla at the congress, that the gov labeled as a false flag made by the opposition to damage the president's figure.
Here is the congress session (spanish unfortunately):
youtube.com/watch?v=yl1H_C79JRA

How can Telegram and WhatsApp be safe if you have to give them your phone number just to use it

Riot.IM or qTox but Tox voice codec is shit

Wire

You can use mumble-web as a widget in Riot.

Matrix

lausanonymous.com/Discuss/

Come chats with other channers, also has private messaging.

Would anyone be interested in a decentralized IM platform where you host your own node but all your data is yours?

If you want voice chat the best you can do is Mumble, if you only want text your options grow, for example IRC

qTox, although I haven't tested the audio part because I don't need it.