>Learn how to build a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

Secure CPUs based on current prices
>CPUs with less than 8 threads have trouble delivering a consistent 60fps+ in some games
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (OC'able on some MSI mobos)
>1600/1700 - for non-gaming. Worse for gaming due to their slow memory latency
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded work use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>Always utilize dual channel with a 2 stick kit
>8GB - For very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - Standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
1080p
>RX 570 - value. May have to lower settings to high in some cases.
>580 / 590 - current generation games on high/maxed 60fps+
>1070 / 1660Ti / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>580 / 590 8Gb - console-quality settings at 60fps+
>Vega / 2070 / 1070Ti - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII / 2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080 / Radeon VII - upscale or lower settings
>RTX 2080 Ti, but poor value.

Storage
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: brainlet starter kit.jpg (800x800, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
thehackernews.com/2018/11/meltdown-spectre-vulnerabilities.html
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
pcpartpicker.com/list/xgDCXP
youtube.com/watch?v=TRwu5dOU_wA
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jsxGZR
pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=415,436&sort=price&xcx=0
nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/qJx6WD
pcpartpicker.com/list/Q2cqZR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 6GB are standard choices
>GTX 1660Ti or RTX 2060 for very high framerates if you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 for very high framerates if you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Friendly reminder that there are hackers trying to convince you to buy intel so they can turn you into the newest addition to their botnet and steal your credit cards and passwords.

>secure CPUs
>when they all have hardware exploits

Out of 7 newly discovered attacks, as listed below, two are Meltdown variants, named as Meltdown-PK and Meltdown-BR, and other 5 are new Spectre mistraining strategies.

1. Meltdown-PK (Protection Key Bypass)—On Intel CPUs, an attacker with code execution ability in the containing process can bypass both read and write isolation guarantees enforced through memory-protection keys for userspace.

2. Meltdown-BR (Bounds Check Bypass)—Intel and AMD x86 processors that ship with Memory Protection eXtensions (MPX) or IA32 bound for efficient array bounds checking can be bypassed to encode out-of-bounds secrets that are never architecturally visible.

Spectre-PHT (Pattern History Table)

3. Spectre-PHT-CA-OP (Cross-Address-space Out of Place)

4. Spectre-PHT-SA-IP (Same Address-space In Place)

5. Spectre-PHT-SA-OP (Same Address-space Out of Place)

Spectre-BTB (Branch Target Buffer)

6. Spectre-BTB-SA-IP (Same Address-space In Place)

7. Spectre-BTB-SA-OP (Same Address-space Out of Place)
>Researchers demonstrate all of the above attacks in practical proof-of-concept attacks against processors from Intel, ARM, and AMD. For Spectre-PHT, all vendors have processors that are vulnerable to all four variants of mistraining, they say.
>The team also said since the vendors are working to address the issues, they decided to hold their proof-of-concept exploits for some time.
thehackernews.com/2018/11/meltdown-spectre-vulnerabilities.html

>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>580 for 1440p
>recommending radeon VII at all
Worst OP i've seen in a while

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-28-20-53-24-642_com.google.android.youtube.png (1920x1080, 613K)

>secure CPUs
>when they all have hardware exploits
>Moreover, even though earlier AMD had claimed that its CPUs were not exposed to Meltdown-class vulnerabilities, researchers discovered a variation of Meltdown (called Meltdown-BR) that was perfectly operational with AMD CPUs. So at this point, the CPUs of all three of the largest global CPU vendors — AMD, ARM, and Intel — are susceptible to both Meltdown and Spectre. Well, at least to some of the variations from both these families.
kaspersky.com/blog/35c3-spectre-meltdown-2019/25268/

This picture is the worst bait I've seen this year. Congratulations.

Meltdown-BR is misnamed by separate researchers and not a Meltdown class vulnerability.

There are 16 Meltdown-named vulnerabilities, of which not all are actually *Meltdown class*. And of those 16, only 1 affects AMD. None of the true Meltdown class vulnerabilities affect AMD. You keep leaving this out despite multiple people correct you.

Quit lying to people intentionally.

It's well known that the namefag known as i9 9900k == R5 3600 has a low IQ. He's even recommending the 590 when even Jim from AdoredTV says the 590 is completely defunct with the release of the 1660Ti

Who gives a shit? You claim Ryzen is secure, when it isn't. Just keep ignoring all the Spectre variants and Meltdown-BR. I don't fucking care if you don't like the name; it's as major a security flaw as any of the aforementioned flaws.

>580/590 for 1440p
>RTX 2060 not even recommended for medium/high settings 1440p even though 580/590 will do low/medium
Fuck off you absolute retard.

This.

I showed up and it was a young guy, clean cut, clean car, well dressed. Had the invoices and the parts were back in their original packaging and well kept/clean as a whistle. I bought his story about it being a display for his parent's resale business and he said he'd give me my money back if anything has any issues, so I just took the gamble. I got his license plate and my friend is a cop, so if it's fucked and he blows me off I'll just go to his house.

>recommending 6Gb card for 1440p
Difference is the 580/590 is more than $100 cheaper. You'd see that if you weren't manipulatively shilling.

Used 1070Ti is a just plain better 2060 for 1440p.

>b-but they aren't worse value if you use fake prices!!
lmao 1060 3Gb isn't $200. 1070 aren't even on sale but you can get them used for $200. Vega 56 were down to $250 multiple times.

Dumb shills. Facts shut you down so hard, yet you spam bullshit anyway.

Meltdown-BR is being patched at the OS level.
Intel CPUs have vulnerabilities WHICH CAN'T BE PATCHED.
That's a massive disparity between the security level of the two architectures, troll.

He even fucked up the link to the previous thread. Actual is here

Sorry, friend. Thanks for the correction.

This OP imples Intel is bad! I don't like this thread and this OP!
I shall blandantly address OP as a AMD shill!

Attached: file.png (500x607, 118K)

>recommending 6Gb card for 1440p
6GB is fine for 1440p. You have no evidence otherwise.
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
>inb4 "wah wah a well respect source disagrees with me so they're shit :((((((("

>580/590 is more than $100 cheaper.
False, and the 2060 also 30% more powerful than the 580, which is why it's a significantly better choice for 1440p. The 1660Ti is much more powerful than the 590 while using much less wattage AND being almost the same price

>Facts shut you down so hard
You don't have any, just a bunch of made up bullshit without sources. Pic related

>CPU has hardware vulnerability
>b-b-b-but it doesn't count because it can be m-m-m-mitigated at the software level tho :((((
Ryzen. is. not. secure. at. the. hardware. level.

Attached: performance-per-dollar_1920-1080.png (500x810, 47K)

Ryzen is less insecure.
It lacks Spoiler and Meltdown vulnerabilities.

Far Cry 5 will bust 6GB at 1440p/Ultra. Talking from experience.

Will the 3850x use the same socket as the 2700x? Which is the best motherboard below $300 for the 2700x?

I have two buckets. Bucket 1 has a few holes in the bottom, and Bucket 2 has a few more. Which one won't leak?

Who said you have to, retard? The AM4 socket will still be supported until 2020, then you buy a shitty non-Z mobo for intel and then you can't overclock in a future CPU upgrade, and also you gotta buy a new motherboard for every single intel CPU release by now, so there's less value in purchasing an intel motherboard from the get go since they're so short lived.

Forgot to add, I'm using 4266mhz ram so I need a compatible motherboard...

pcpartpicker.com/list/xgDCXP
For linux computing and light gaming on a big-ass monitor. How can I improve this?

Your comment is anecdotal. The video I linked tested FC5 and there was no problem. There are certainly settings or texture packs that will be able to break a 6GB VRAM buffer, but considering we're talking about a 2060, those settings would also probably tank the overall performance of a 1070Ti because they'll simply be too heavy at 1440p. An example of this would be the Hyper settings on Mirrors Edge: Catalyst or the Nightmare settings on some iD games. Pointless for actual gaming scenarios.

Additionally, 6GB of textures will always look good at 1440p.

>1660Ti is better performance per dollar than if you assume the wrong price for the 1060, 580, and others
>1060 better performance per dollar than 580
What a blatantly biased and outright lying graph.

You may as well have just faked this in photoshop. A bad graph made off bad data is just the same.

>posting hardware unboxed who changes "testing methodology" every week despite repeatedly being called out on it
cringe

You've already been shown many games using over 8Gb, let alone 6Gb, and claimed they were fake despite there being many sources to show them using that much.
And yes, just at 1440p, not 4k.

The picture you used to spam yourself showed 4 games using over 6Gb, until you got BTFO on how you didn't understand it and weren't reading and comprehending it correctly.
Yet despite being BTFO to the point of no longer spamming that picture, you still spam other bullshit.

Go figure you may be wrong when you have to lie, conceal shit, and keep asking people to repeat what you've already gotten replies about and chose to ignore.

The point is that Ryzen doesn't have
>HARDWARE VULNERABILITIES
>SPECULATING ON PRIVILEGE LEVEL WHEN EXECUTING INSECURE CODE.
All of Ryzen's minor vulnerabilities have been fixed in microcode or OS updates with virtually zero performance impact if not zero.

That is a massive, massive difference in security vulnerability. Given how easily fixable the few vulnerabilities are which affect AMD and ARM, it's reasonable to call them "secure" while it's unreasonable to call Intel CPUs "secure".

Same socket, yes. It's unknown if the 500 series chipsets will have some new features or not.
Board depends on needs. The Strix is good, but overpriced.

>Will the 3850x use the same socket as the 2700x?
Yes

>The AM4 socket will still be supported until 2020
Great, so for another nine months. Or don't you know what the word "until" means? AMD was very clear that they didn't mean "through" when that promise was made. AMD's release schedule has probably been delayed since that promise, so it's possible that more chips after the Ryzen 3000 series will be released for AM4, but not a given.

2x 140mm fans or 3x 120mm and why?
When I search which is better, I get A LOT of conflicting results.
It seems more people think two 140mm fans are better than three 120mm, but none of them give any good explanations.

What's the most bang for buck HDD drive that won't die within a year?

Talking 12 TB or higher.

Attached: 1550114160291.png (660x669, 382K)

The only thing that could hold that much is your mom's asshole.

What's the best Corsair case?
I want a new case, and I want it to be Corsair to match my mouse and keyboard.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/xgDCXP
>For linux computing and light gaming on a big-ass monitor. How can I improve this?
You can get a 1Tb SU800 for only $10 more.
Do you really need a HDD at all? I'd just get 2x 1 Tb SSDs. Having 2 separate drives is very convenient in linux with emulation, too.

PSU is overpriced. Not sure if it's still on sale, but someone posted the Focus Gold for $60 a day or two ago. But yeah, I wouldn't spend more than $50-60 on PSU, there are often good sales of good models in that range.

2x 140mm should be nearly the same CFM and more quiet.
Only reason I'd go 120mm is value since you can get 2 fans for your cooler plus 3 extra for case for like $25 total.

1000D

That case is fucking wild, but I have no use to do two builds in one case.
I'd probably actually do it, if it was possible to put both my PC and my wife's PC inside of it, but I'm pretty positive that the second PC can only be used as a streaming setup.

Thanks.
Will my 16 gigs of g.skill 4266mhz ram work on the gigabyte x470 aorus gayming 7? The specs on gigabyte's site say it only supports up to 3200mhz but some fag on youtube with the same motherboard is using 4600mhz ram? I'm confused.
youtube.com/watch?v=TRwu5dOU_wA

Again, no facts, just drivel. "Lowest price for my favorite brand" vs. "midrange model of my competetor's" is not a fair metric. The 2060 is CLEARLY better value than the 1070Ti, so your comment in the OP is false. "RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen." Blazing false. Get owned.

All of your ad hominem attacks against Hardware Unboxed are a logical fallacy, but we learned the other day that you don't know what named logical fallacies are.

>The picture you used to spam yourself showed 4 games using over 6Gb,
First, I've never spammed any picture about VRAM usage, retard. I always post the whole video. Second, you're too stupid to understand ALLOCATION vs requirement. (No one's really surprised at your small mind though.) Even at 1440p, games do not REQUIRE more than 6GB of VRAM.

>you've already gotten replies about and chose to ignore.
Oh the ironing. Yeah, I'll ignore the blatant lies and fallacies you present in favor of well research data from experts like those at Kaspersky and Hardware Unboxed.

>it's reasonable to call them "secure"
>b-b-b-b-b-b all the vulnerabilities don't count because i don't want them to so we'll just call my favorite brand secure :)))))))
The smiling face is your placid, imbecilic denial

I like any of the D series cases for the minimalist and quiet design. If you need good temps and are into air cooling, the air series is good.

Much obliged, two SSDs sounds rad. The focus gold is on still on sale, so I'll go for that.

I'm currently thinking about going with the 500D or the 680X.
What do you think about those two?

I recently changed CPU and since then my mobo doesn't give me any beeps on POST, despite booting perfectly fine. Does anyone know how I can fix it? I've already googled it but all I can find is people with no post & no boot.

oh and I'd also get a board which has an x1 slot above the x16 for the wifi so you have more room for a potential GPU upgrade in the future.

2060 is not better value. 1070Tis were on sale for $320-$340 toward the tail end, have 8Gb of VRAM, and you can get them used for less.
You're entire points hinge on lying here.

The fact that they stopped selling new 1070Tis doesn't make 2060s good value, and doesn't change that there are alternatives. What a deluded ass argument.

>muh fallacy
>fallacy
>fallacy
You're pathetic. You get BTFO when you attempt and actual argument based on facts so you just cry about fallacies every time while employing your own.

Slowly refining my 2500 squid build
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jsxGZR

Attached: file.png (1062x800, 126K)

>mah whataboutism

pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=415,436&sort=price&xcx=0
The 2060 IS better value, by far. Who cares if you claim there was a sale? It's a better value now, and at MSRP it's a better value. If you're going to claim something about an entire series, MSRP is best metric.

Get. fucking. owned.

>Well we didn't lose by that much!

get the 250D

>tfw intel in newer build from oct that i knew i should have went amd in but i got a great deal from a local shop on 8086k

Attached: 1549161381710.gif (342x192, 1.98M)

There's no whataboutism in that post at all. I'm not comparing Intel and AMD. OP says that AMD CPUs are secure, and I provided facts proving they're not. You're a fucking moron. You've heard insults but you don't even know when they're applicable. Must be hard going through life being as stupid as you.

>you got raped in the ass
>your friend got raped in the ass
At least he didn't kiss me too!

>There's no whataboutism in that post at all
>"Y-Y-YOU'RE STILL NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU TH-THINK YOU ARE!"
Also, irrelevant analogy. It's more akin to being shot in the leg when your friend is shot in the head. Keep downplaying Meltdown though lol

The 500D and 680X are both newer and replaced some older variants. I think they're both nice pieces, the 680X is the "air series" and has the split compartments. One holds the mobo and related components and on the back side you have the storage/psu. It's very pleasing to the eye if you can deal with having the bigger foot print.

nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/qJx6WD

lay it on me fellas. is it absolute shit, salvageable or okay-ish? Little gaming here and there, more CPU intensive rendering will be done but other than that I dunno what to look out for.

Build looks great.

>2600x for £170
My 2600 cost me 150 a couple of months ago....kinda wish I had a 2600x. Mine only goes to 3.9ghz, what kind of gain would the 2600x give me at 1440p 60fps?

Would an undervolted/OC'ed Vega 56 reach Vega 64 performance? Been thinking about swapping my 1070Ti for a Vega 56 since the 56 seems to be getting progressively better with each driver update, I could also get $167 back if I end up swapping it out. The Vega 56 I'm looking at is a PowerColor AXRX Red Dragon for about $298 if that matters.

That's been discontinued for fucking ever.

convince me to not buy a 2060 RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Cheers lad.
Honestly I wouldn't worry about having a 2600. It's a solid chipset. Thing about the Ryzen series is that the way it works with unlocked OC and most X470 MB's have auto clock features to work with it, the cooler the chip the better it works even if you're not manually OC'ing it. I think most people get to 4.0 or 4.1ghz on the 2600x but at the cost that it runs hotter than a dagenham butcher in Marbella.
I don't think you're missing out on much.

Attached: file.png (648x484, 53K)

Well I went into the BIOS and I guess "Fast Boot" option got defaulted to yes for whatever fucking reason. Fuck that noise. Didn't even remember it skipped POST.

>can't admit his favorite brand got buttfucked
Just let it out, user.

If you don't already have the RAM, buy 3200CL16

>what kind of gain would the 2600x give me at 1440p 60fps?
None

>Been thinking about swapping my 1070Ti for a Vega 56
Sidegrades are stupid.

GIVE ME THE FUCKING MONEY INSTEAD BRO.

You need to explain more, reddit spacer. Nvidia is a big supporter of gay rights as well as intel.
First off, your GPU is fucked up. At first I thought you are CPU limited in GTA4, but no, it is likely that your RX580 is running on a mining bios at low power and maybe 25-40% of the performance it should be. That said, buying a graphics card for one game is pretty stupid, you could just play that 1 game on a fuckin' console from 14 years ago.
Regardless, nvidia/intel are not the aryan brand, they are the jew brand. both amd and intel are "based" in america but both very international. Whatever made up war you have inside your head, please realize, that you are not supporting anti-LGBT by buying nvidia. The fact that you ever owned a GT1030 makes me think you've only got 10 INT, so here: If you want an RX580 equivalent, Nvidia doesn't have one anymore. The 1060 6GB was better at launch, but it's worse now, by up to 12% in some games, due to radeon driver improvements. The RX590 which costs the same as a 1060gb makes the gap even wider.
The next step up is a 1660ti, which is $279, which is way more than you should spend. Considering your CPU bottleneck and your GPU doesn't matter at all in that game because you apparently don't know how to install drivers or flash a mining bios back to a non-mining bios, your options include going back to your GT1030, buying a GTX 1050 / 1050ti and updating your Nvidia® GeForce™ Experience software suite, or taking the red pill of improving your CPU and fixing your GPU because honestly you already have all your need for GTA4 and don't need to go on some holy-anti-gay crusade by selling your current card and buying another card by pro-gay companies.

kek, good to know. Cheers guys

obsolete within 9 months of release (Navi RX 3080 beats it for $300)

Just built a new PC with a 500gb SSD. Didn't realize how big games were now, and I need another drive for games.

I'm wanting to stick with all SSD for this machine, what's a good 1tb SSD? The WD one looks good, but I just want to make sure before buying

>buttfucked
>"Y-Y-YOU'RE STILL NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU TH-THINK YOU ARE!"

Cryorig QF140 PWM or BitFenix Spectre Pro PWM for exhaust fan?

Hey guys, I need some help building a PC for my girlfriend.
Budget is 650 USD
She want's it to be responsive and I'd like the ability to put newer hardware in for upgrades down the line.

She is going to mostly use it for homework (exclusively googledocs) but plays league of Legends, and dead by daylight a lot.

I know fuck all about motherboards, and that's been a stumbling block for me getting started.

B450 motherboard
2400G Ryzen
NVME storage

The rest doesn't matter

In that case i should get whatever CPU gives me 144 fps since they all can be fucked by Meltdown.

>3200CL16

im talking out of my ass but isn't 3200 a bit overkill?

>"Meltdown"
Too bait, you hooked me

Just do some googling. Ryzen profits a lot from fast RAM.

doesn't everything?

Yes, the difference from 3000mhz to 4600mhz while the later being much more expensive, is definitely not negligible.

alright thanks mate

No, it's the value sweet spot. Not much more expensive than 2666 and helps Ryzen a lot

Anyone any idea why my motherboard can't automatically can't find an OS installed to an NVME drive?

Asus B370 board, I get a no OS found message if I just let it boot on its own with both Mint and Win10 (both are on separate NVME drives) going into the BIOS settings and choosing the NVME from the boot override menu works fine and both will boot from that with no problems

Is there some bios setting I'm missing I need to change? It can't see what their capacity is either

WD Blue is the go to at the minute

I live in a super-hot area (It's around 37°C and it's still not spring) and while I can vent the heat properly I wanna know what's the best way to avoid thermal throttling. Between summer and winter I can see up to 20FPS more just from the temperature difference alone.

Optimized airflow and beefy as fuck water coolers for CPU and GPU
Other than that I dunno lol

So I got an i5 650 with an RX 560 right now, the base PC was some stuff the company I work at sold away.
I'm waiting for Zen 2, but in the meanwhile I also have an old but good mobo with an FM2 socket.

Should I bother going for an Athlon X4 760K? Looks like an upgrade from the i5-650, but not that much in single core performance.

I have a 760k and it's alright, but idk if it would be worth buying new.

Depends on how short you are on cash, both current you and future you, but personally I'd say there's no reason to wait for Zen 2 if you're getting 6 cores. The one reason you MIGHT want to wait is if you're basically never going to buy a new mobo again and you want PCIe 4.0. Even so it would be a long, long time before you could max out PCIe 3.0 with a graphics card at that budget.

>Should I bother going for an Athlon X4 760K?
Definitely not

cold air in front and side
hot air exhaust rear and top

open the side panel and put a fan on the side of the case or invest in better heatsinks

Yeah, the i5-650 is alright too, just some games shit themselves but I think it's because of slow ram and lack of true quad core
Not buying new of course, some used one is like $50
Current me is short af, but future me will have enough for a MOBO+CPU+RAM upgrade, that's why I'm waiting for Zen 2 (and yeah, I'm probably getting the rumored 3300 with 6 cores, but it's $100 vs 2200G's 4 cores)
k, thanks user

I'll hold on to the i5-650 for the next six months I guess
Can play overtrash and nier so far so good

Attached: 1547449668785.png (500x600, 210K)

Gonna buy pentium 4 and will do some weird shit on it. Rate

>two intel cpus listed
It's an invasion by the Israelis!

First question.

If I have a evga 1070 can I SLI it with evga 1070 SC (superclocked edition)?

Second question.

Will 1070s ever be on sale again or are they all dead cards that will shoot up to $800?

Third question. This one dumber than the others. Pic related.

Isn't the thing circled too far down? I've never seen one that far down before. Also Could I SLI on this board?

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-203035_Brave.jpg (1080x808, 378K)

Intards BTFOREVER

>First question.
Yes
>Second question.
Dead cards

>Could I SLI on this board?
Yes

You really, really don't want to SLI

Thanks for posting the real op. Everyone hates this faggot who keeps hijacking the thread

USED 1030 for $100? Clear false flag.

afaik the two are fairly similar similar performance. Not worth bothering.

Some games are going to shit themselves with only 4 threads, especially 4 slow threads, too.
Even an i5-2500k only does around 30fps, especially 1% minimums, in lots of newer games.

0 Intel CPUs are remotely secure and thus not to be recommended.

Before it wasn't so bad since it seemed like it mostly just affected VMs on servers, and SMT, but there's been more and more coming out. Shit's a mess and not worth buying. No one seriously goes and disables a bunch of security patches and software just to get a few more FPS.

I don't see how anyone can recommend someone buy a CPU and because they have that CPU they make NSA spying easier, they get passwords and credit cards stolen, they're part of a botnet and have no idea, the viruses are so bad that they're undectable and even infect their BIOS to be reinstalled even if they clean format and install a new OS, etc.
Like how can anyone in good conscious do that? I can't. I'd rather recommend they just deal with not having a placebo difference in FPS instead of buying such an insecure CPU.

SLI and CF are garbage.
mGPU in Vulkan and DX12 has some promise but currently it seems they have no gains in 0.1% minimums which is quite a problem.

>hijacking
That's hilarious because I wrote 70% of what's in but things have changed.

Not only do you not work and spam pcbg 18+ hours a day you took the time to make this image FOR FREE

Attached: 1550320067053.gif (173x267, 2.51M)

>he wrote 70% of the previous ops and is here to defend himself at all times
Omfg im dying dude youre life is actually a joke

Attached: 1542466159957.jpg (1024x504, 94K)

Oh wow really? I've been out of the game too long.

They said 1070 was equivalent to 2080 ti... Thanks anons

Attached: shocked.png (1024x467, 299K)

this is my current build I got it for under 700$ with the case/psu being free. what should I upgrade the GPU to when I get some money around?
pcpartpicker.com/list/Q2cqZR

Attached: 20190228_121002.jpg (4032x3024, 2.23M)

I sure hope everyone has filtered this retarded namefag.

Wtf is going on here with brand autism here?

550 is OK to good for 1080p at the minute, save your pennies for a sale on RTX2060/80 cards or the promised Navi cards that are supposedly coming out this summer