Newpipe broken again

Now that popups don't work anymore again I'm tired of this shit. What's a good alternative with backgroundplayback and popups?

Attached: new_pipe_icon_5.png (256x256, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-background-play-fix/
youtubevanced.com/
vanced.app/
github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor/issues/148
github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.16.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

firefox mobile with addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-background-play-fix/

Works on my device ;)

Attached: Screenshot_Clover dev_20190313-200551.png (1080x1920, 431K)

YouTube vanced, it's literally the YouTube app modded with YouTube premium (except for downloads)

Vanced still works :^)

Youtube Vanced

Why the fuck don´t you use vanced?

I don't know about you but I'd consider it being able to play kpop videos in a popup to be broken functionality.

Skytube haven't been updated for months now and never got borked. What the fuck are Newpipe devs doing?

This, fuck Newpipe shills. Enjoy your broken garbage.

Every month something breaks in Newpipe.

I don't get this, all they have to do is fetch videos, nothing else. I haven't updated my youtube-dl for almost a year now and it just werks, meanwhile these incompetent fucks manage to release straight broken versions and timed bombs all the time.

I can't find youtube vanced on f-droid. Is it not there?

Newpipe is broken, vanced can't download and skytube crashes on search, is there any good option to download yt audios?

No it is not there.

Go there, or go to XDA developers. But the non root version is propaply only on their website. Just saying, since it seems you don´t have root. Otherwise go to Magisk
youtubevanced.com/

That's not the official site. This is: vanced.app/

>skytube crashes on search
werks for me

Theyre doing everything as a ground up workaround. Its youtube obfuscating their api that stops it working

Then why my youtube-dl still works? What about Skytube? Doesn't sound like a API issue to me, sounds like incompetency.

Youtube-dl only downloads the videos, it doesn't interact with any of the other APIs, especially not any of the search/navigation ones

Fuck off with your malware.

It's not open source and it's literally the official botnet YouTube app with some extra features.

Because SkyTube says "fuck it" and leaves all interactions up to Google, while Newpipe uses it's own code.
youtube-dl was broken a while back.

Newpipe doesn't even play anything for me since a few hours ago. Complaining when people use vanced when newpipe is pretty much the only coherent app alternative breaks is a joke. Shut up faggot.

Doesn't seem to have YouTube popups tho?

>70158852
>70158872
>70158881
>70158912
Four consecutive posts promoting vanced.
>70159179
>70159261
>70159973
That's because NewPipe is actually doing stuff on its own and trying to be free. Vanced is just shameless freeter botnet
also
>samefagging this hard

Attached: rarest.png (804x566, 27K)

new pipe is doing fucking nothing. its promoting non-free seevice. lmao i dont use jewgle botnet, but i just watch youtube from an open source app. i dont support jewgle but i use android. i am not a pedo i just watch cp. fuck you. brainlet

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

GOOFLE BROKE NEWPIPE AGAIN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1533852881582.png (360x228, 15K)

>70160632
>i am not a pedo i just watch cp
>brainlet
>projecting this hard
also thanks for the (You)

Skytube can't play videos in horizontal mode, why should I use that garbage?

This. Seriously, why are Google developers even alive?
They do a better job when they don't show up for work.

What version are you? I'm still on 15.1 and everything still working

Not enough lurk, fucking redditor

Not him but I'm on 14.1 and it broke yesterday.

sauce?

Of course it does, get a brain.

FIX IT

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-111456_NewPipe.png (720x1280, 155K)

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipeExtractor/issues/148

at least post the issue so we can track it, also is that guy still around that said he was bored and wanted to do people's homework assignments in java

It is the same problem every time: they use hardcoded regex to get data from YouTube, then they fail to find which throws an exception and the application crashes.
The fix is usually up in a day where they have hardcoded a new regex to match the site, but what they should do is create a file that reads the regex on runtime and a separate app that makes it easy to update it so it can be fixed without downloading a new version.

i've written my own youtube video downloader before and it was almost completely dynamic, it would find the decryption javascript method and run it in a javascript engine that way i never had to update when they changed their algorithm. this meant that it would run any arbitrary code though so i can understand why they've done it this way

this. vanced is the shit. lets you login and everything. just waiting for the download feature

So why the fuck does clicking a video link to open it in newpipe not work, then? All I want is to literally download the video, I'm not using any search or anything at all.

It's hardly his fault.
The kid just had his exams and he's having to cater to a global giant that keeps changing their APIs without explanation or warning.
You're lucky to have it all you fucking yiddos

Already fixed on github

>just waiting for the download feature
Kek, this is what vanced shills actually shill

Newpipe update is up. I hope that this time the problem will be solved, as usual. Google developers should be hanged

Attached: Available.jpg (1073x183, 28K)

What's that app? Can't possibly be F-droid

The virgin n*wpipe:
>can't login
>shitty barebones interface
>breaks constantly

The chad Vanced:
>basically the fully fledged YouTube app but better
>can login and operate as normal
>even the oldest version available on their site still works perfectly

Those are my notifications. Substratum theming is great.

Attached: No_new_posts.jpg (1069x197, 22K)

It does only if you have autorotation turned on

>popup broken
nope, works on my machine

SkyTube is also broken. Just use Firefox until they unfuck whatever Google did.

Substratum theming doesn't give you app updates, you nigger. Answer my question.

just get it from their github releases bub

Update it.

Oooh that's what you meant, sorry for my retardation. The Newpipe apk I'm using is the one from the github releases.

Attached: what_gabi.png (147x133, 27K)

I never updated and it never broke, must me regional change from youtube?

github.com/TeamNewPipe/NewPipe/releases/tag/v0.16.1

fixed 5 hours ago

Oh shit it has update notifications now? Holy fuck since when? That's awesome.
Thanks user, you're not a nigger.

>but what they should do is create a file that reads the regex on runtime and a separate app that makes it easy to update it so it can be fixed without downloading a new version.
Or just fucking make it a config option and maybe add a button that will curl a github-hosted page that only contains that string to allow easy updating.

Youtube probably does tons of A/B testing and other bullshit, you can never trust what they get.

>Oh shit it has update notifications now? Holy fuck since when?

Since 0.15

There's no reason to use the F-Droid version anymore. It will just notify you there's an update when you open it and you can tap to download the new APK.

F Droid one works perfect for me. But I'll probably switch anyway cuz in the future it'll probably stop

Fucking ebin, don't know how I didn't notice that. It was my main complaint with using the github version.

Yeah, fdroid has been shit in the last year. I'll probably just automate compiling all the software I use from there and host this shit on a local website.

But I'm not a cuck with Google apps on my phone nor do I use pajeet forks of proprietary software.

Literally who uses pop-ups?
Are you one of those fags with a meme phone that you try and use as a computer?
Do you have an emulated Linux distro so you can pretend you're productive?
Or are you scared of looking at your plasticine hip-gyraters in public?

Please enlighten me to your use case

Attached: 1483533356151.gif (360x240, 1.42M)

>be me
>browsing Jow Forums
>some retard posts a link to some retarded youtube video
>want to quickly check what it is
>tap on it
>video pops up in a popup; I can still read replies to the post or something while it's loading
>as video plays, I can not pay too much attention if it's shit, and flick it down to close once I get the idea
>if it's actually interesting I can fullscreen it with one tap in the corner
If I didn't use popup, I'd have to wait for the full newpipe app to open, rotate my phone sideways, commit my full attention to a video that I'm not even sure I want to watch, and then once I want to close it I'd have to switch apps back and also remember to close NewPipe in the process.

This

>uses a a OS made by Google
>developed by tons of pajeet
Ironic isn't it

Don't feel embarrassed user, I do the same thing user

Attached: 1551924169874.jpg (640x940, 93K)

Speaking of Newpipe, how come you can't "background play" some videos? The button just isn't there.

youtube doesn't generate separate audio feed for videos with low watch count.

lol what, it's all about the resolution and format.

update it

you'd think that at this point they would've made it so the extractor regexes could be reconfigured without updating the whole app

that would require the app to have an external dependency to function

Do the needful provide code sir

How so? Literally just add a textbox in settings.

>not using vanced

and where will you get the up to date regex from?
doesn't seem very user friendly

You could host a page somewhere and make a button to try to automatically fetch it.
Yes, that page will be an external service, but the app won't depend on it. You'd still be free to go find the updated regex yourself and paste it in manually. In any case you depend on the dev publishing that updated regex so that in that sense the dev is an external service. The point, though, is that people won't have to download a whole new apk every time one particular variable needs a

it shouldn't be the only way to update the extractor, of course

yeah that would improve things for this situation but it may not be generic enough for future changes so there is a trade off to made

newpipe seems okay to me and was working this morning. are their any alternatives that do background palyback you anons can recommend?

>get this error
>think that happens because I haven't updated
>updates
>still broken

which version are you on now?

I posted that error. 0.16.1 fixed it

Where did you get 0.16.1? I can only find 0.16.0 on fdroid and online

the github page. it was posted ITT

Thanks

does anyone know why they can't make their subscription feed update to most recent instead of omgwtfbbq order?
the app is otherwise perfect && working 100% fine.

Attached: Screenshot_NewPipe_20190314-150902.png (1440x2560, 1.62M)

just use youtube vanced

So far, every single time things have broken it has been because of this regex. Ultimately youtube could theoretically completely change their entire API or make it only possible to interact with videos through websockets or something, but realistically just making provisions for easily updating this one regex should be more than general enough.

How is it malware?

seriously, why isn't youtube vanced open source?

It doesn't work for me either. It shows videos from 10 years ago in the "what's new".

>YouTube popups
What?

Isn't Vanced just a modded version of the regular YouTube app? The YouTube app isn't open source, right? So Vanced wouldn't be either.

whatever code they're using to produce/modify the binary should be available, i don't wanna run black boxes on my phone besides google's own

this should have been the end of the thread

The Vanced team did an AMA on Reddit sometime before. They might have mentioned what tools they used.