Audio / Video Codec

Are there realistically any alternatives to K-Lite Codec Pack?

I've been messing around with AC3Filter codec however I can't really hear any real difference between it and LAV Audio codec.

Is there a audio/g/phile approved audio codec?

Attached: MPCHC.jpg (713x435, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hirq60Ago0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=D8o9G5DeLQc
youtube.com/watch?v=8FTbwiHb1Xw
videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters
shark007.net/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ffmpeg

Try using AC3Filter wth Dolby TrueHD or DTS:HD and see how that works for you...

I have AC3 set to be used for any type of sound format, however I haven't thought of trying it out with movies yet. Only been focused on music.

I'm using Beyerdynamics 1990 (No speakers) so I am not sure if there really would be much of a results with regards to film audio quality but worth checking out I suppose.

use mpv, you fucking dinosaur.

What's the advantage over MPCHC? As far as I am aware VLC/MPC/MPV are basically identical in the areas of playback and sound quality minus quality of life improvements (Library Management for example).
The only thing I need for my media player to do is play audio/video, streaming/shaders/etc are not important to me.

You shouldn't use AC3Filter, period.

Let the music or movie decide what it plays.
If the song is 2 channel, leave it at that, if the movie is 6 channel or 7.1, or 87.1 lossless, let it play like it.

If you don't have more than 2channel audio equipment, let windows downmix it to stereo.

Don't bother with mpv.
Unless you want to spend hours configuring it to work almost like a normal player.

You'll get a reply from the autist that whines and seethes that you don't have to configure, or it's simple to configure or something stupid.
Ignore them, those people rather spend 999 hours trying to get something to work instead of just having something that works out of the box.

yeah fuck mpvfags

Attached: smplayer_2019-03-13_21-55-00.png (523x368, 34K)

mpv works better "ootb" than vlc. I've never had issues when seeking a file with mpv. mpv opens faster too. Pretty soon VLC will be using mpv as a library.

>than vlc
Well as much (little) as mpv works, I rather use that than VideoLagCrash

youtube.com/watch?v=hirq60Ago0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=D8o9G5DeLQc
youtube.com/watch?v=8FTbwiHb1Xw

VLC still have the audio delay bug when pausing which it have had since I first saw VLC back in 2000-2001.

I"m using AC3 purely as a decoder and to downmix the 5.1/7.1 to stereo. The only distinction I've found between it and LAV is that AC3 makes the DTS:HD sound a bit brighter and louder,

>is that AC3 makes the DTS:HD sound a bit brighter and louder
So it's destroying the audio by changing how it sounds, not only downmixing it?

>AC3
>decoder
nigga what

not him but probably since AC3 has a bitrate cap of 640kbps (combined)
it's good if your receiving device only supports AC3 and you want true surround sound, but wow

>Codec Pack
I just use vlc, everything plays no botnet packs needed. Maybe your system sound settings/drivers is wrong, or bad hardware.

VLC's pretty bad, and there's nothing botnet about MPC-HC with madVR. K-Lite just simplifies the installation since most people are too dumb to be able to register a filter and then select it in settings. (I update my madVR manually since I'm not)

PCM

cccp

humor me, what do you need to configure?

>codec pack
>in 2019
thats a yikes from me

Attached: 1549521006217.jpg (365x365, 56K)

>humor me
Why would I give info on how to make it a usable player to you when that would remove the only fun thing you do with mpv, namely trying to get it to have features that are basic in most media players?

Unless they now added a feature to play next video in the folder, it's still as trash as it was a year ago.
A feature that should be working in the earliest of alpha builds in every other media player wasn't a feature back then, years into it's development.

I use K-Lite Codec Pack because it makes my Pentium 4 PC with the proper configuration to use less CPU, or at least this is what I've convinced myself to believe as true.

>the only fun thing you do with mpv, namely trying to get it to have features
but user, im just a user, not a programmer - how can i do that?
>play next video in the folder
select the videos or grab the folder

>K-Lite Codec Pack
>17-50mb
>lite
cccp is 10

Normal video players:
>Open file
>press PgDwn
>It opens the next video or chapter if the video file (mkv) supports it

mpv:
>open file
>...
>drag file to mpv.exe
>finally...
>have to configure shit to make it associated enough to automatically open the program like a normal player
>click PgDwn
>change chapter if file (mkv) supports it, but doesn't play the next video in the folder.
>having to manually know beforehand how many videos you want to play since it doesn't have the feature as default.

I was the one making the MPCHC mpv.conf in the /mpv/ a while ago.
Solely for the purpose of making mpv usable for normal usage, but stopped when I just didn't wanna re-fix things that should work natively.
So don't even try claiming I never used it.

or grab the folder

Just use MPC-HC or MPC-BE with LAV Filters.
Codec Packs are irrelevant, because you don't need codec (encoders/decoders), you need only decoders.

Or not.
A media player should work by simply clicking on a media file and it should know how to go to next file.

it does

if you feed it the next file

How does clicking next/pgDwn at the end of the video "feed" next file without using custom mpv.conf?

idk how mpv.conf would help ya

>Fresh install of mpv
>open episode 01 of whatever.mkv
>click PgDwn
>goes to the beginning
>click PgUp
>acts like PgDwn should
>closes the player instead of going to next file when clicking mpv's upside-down-PgDwn
WOOOOOOW

K-Lite + MPC + madVR.
Literally no point in using anything else.

Attached: 1552463096145.jpg (690x1050, 445K)

all in all mpv is the most brain dead ready player
good defaults
you click - it plays

well yeah, a video reaches it's end - it closes
if you want a next one, read the posts you linked

>VLC will be using mpv as a library
Is this speculation or confirmed? I've heard it before but can't find a source

We are talking about players that can be customized. If you're too lazy to properly set up even VLC, you don't belong here.

mpv doesn't have this problem. It just works. You're a nigger for playing with codecs.

What's next Scroll up for lowering volume?

>scrolls down
>video rewinds
>scrolls up
Video fast forward

HAHAHAHAHAHAA
This trash not only fucks up down and up, it doesn't even have basic default NORMAL FUCKING keybinds.

>well yeah, a video reaches it's end - mpv crashes to desktop
>if you want a next one, you have to configure the fucking player for hours to get it to act like a normal player
mpv is trash deal with it.

mpv will forever be trash until it they can figure out how a media player works.

Can be customized =/= Must be customized

hey you cant do that here

Attached: 1532658231187.jpg (800x450, 295K)

Are you intimidated by some buns? There's nothing against the rules.

you suck cocks deal with it

see? i can make baseless claims as well

Use this:

videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters

Not anything else. Ever.

>seething like a boiler close to exploding

>see? i can act retarded while not acknowledging the faults of a shitty player I defend even though it's total opposite of how players should work.

>clicks up to raise volume
>it skips instead of raising volume like any normal media player

Everything you say makes you look more retarded and further proving that mpv was made by people with keyboards upside down and flipped 90 degrees and a mouse that he holds with the cord towards him aka, holding it like a retard and thus making the whole program act like trash.

scroll up is seek forward
scroll down is seek backward
are you saying the reverse makes more sense to you?

Do you scroll up to read on pages?
Or do you scroll down to read forward in the text.

Unless you have your monitor upside down and read from bottom to top.

Scrolling is for volume, stop being retarded.

>>clicks up to raise volume
you mean scroll ?
>acknowledging the faults
yet for all the posts i fail to see any

@70165233
>Acting retarded on purpose for (You)

Done.
Talking to a wall has more purpose than getting a mpv-tard to use his brain like a human.

>video is text

Attached: 1517035613609s.jpg (113x125, 2K)

>cccp
has been dead for years now though

This.

Scroll up aka move forward = seek forwards.
Scroll down aka move backward = seek backwards.

@noooo don't go, you just showed us the use of a conf for seething retards who expect stuff in reverse
>how will i ever recover

>Standardized function opposite because it's a video

@70165272
>acting retarded on purpose

Attached: mpv fastforward icon.png (200x200, 1K)

>scrolling is for volume
You don't use software volume control ever, anyways.
Might as well use the wheel to seek, easy to go back a couple seconds when you missed something for example.

That's strange, could've sworn there was a feature like that in EVERY media player.

Oh right, it's the left arrow.

What feature? Being able to map the scroll wheel for functions is supported in every media player, except shit like Windows Media Player.

> video is standardized text

Attached: 1517034887117s.jpg (113x125, 1K)

put the pointer over the volume icon
scroll

@70165348
Is now merely "acting" retarded.

Do you also have to put the cursor (not fucking pointer) on the pause button before you hit space as well?
Stop defending trash.

> has feature by default
> hurrr it doesn't have the feature
you see how retarded you are?

Why is OP so buttblasted about someones choice of video player? mpv closes itself after it has finished what it was told to do. All UNIX-like programs are expected to do this. I find it very useful to use the CLI to open what I want.

>Feature is retarded because it goes against how programs should work.
>It's not retarded because it exist now.

Attached: heY7Ml6.jpg (459x353, 21K)

>Are there realistically any alternatives to K-Lite Codec Pack?
Why? Not enough codecs for you?

>Are there realistically any alternatives to K-Lite Codec Pack?

"Shark007's Advanced & Standard Codecs"

shark007.net/index.html

You guys are forgetting on adding SVP 4.

>too brainlet to change "open with" for mpv
>IT TAKES HOURS
k e k

Attached: workshop_women_laughing1.jpg (300x230, 27K)