What's your opinion on Dissenter...

What's your opinion on Dissenter? Do you think it's a vulnerable addon that could potentially be used to harm your computer? Is it exploitable to ahck into computers? What has been your experience with it so far? Safe or nah?

Attached: download (6).jpg (444x289, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=' window.location.href, '_blank');
dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=I
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tune-experimental/gdfknffdmmjakmlikbpdngpcpbbfhbnp
dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dangerous

t. Journalist

It's pretty good. No, comments are not made by literally nazis as "news" websites make it out to be, most people are disgruntled conservatives. I can almost be sure to go on any video that has comments turned off and there will be at least one comment on Dissenter, so it's fair to say that it's pretty popular. It's good for calling out the bullshit that sometimes gets perpetuated in the news, so yeah it's pretty useful.

what about the exploitable nature of the coding? The reason I ask is because I agree it seems like a really smart addon but with how much political attention it might get someday it's possibly an addon that computer savy people possibly could use to doxx or otherwise hurt people who use it.

Comments everywhere must be moderated or else someone might say something I don't like. I can't complain to Twitter and get you banned from Dissenter, therefore it must be eradicated.

>send all of my internet traffic to a third party

No thanks.

literally all your addons already do that

But I don't have any addons user.

I'm trying to imagine the need to express one's opinions on the internet and yet I'm coming up with nothing, it's genuinely difficult to imagine having my priorities so out of whack

are you a complete incel who doesn't love yourself? who has 0 addons?

Comment sections are the shittiest part of the internet. Making one everywhere is pure cancer.

shut the fuck up, liberal

What does it do?

Echo chamber for retards

Want to know how I know you're a low test, low IQ cluck?

Okay, but how does it work?

it's a addon that let's you have a comment section with others who have the app. So for example if you're on a news site or a youtube channel that disabled comments you can't be banned or whatever for talking to each other through the app rather than in the comment section of the video or news article

you talking about Jow Forums?

make me, fascist real-estate fellater

Chrome asks you if you want to grant an addon permission if the addon asks for any out of the ordinary information

So it's Jow Forums 2.0?

>angered at people owning land and fixing it up
oh boy

>Voting for a reality TV star

You literally shouldn't be trusted to dress yourself

Adds comments for every site that can only be accessed through the extension, made for the Gab demographic (i.e. retards)

>Gab
this is a honeypot for retards who buy into the Q hoax shit
>Dissenter
>needing a browser addon just to shitpost and say that a website is full of librul cucks
we already have a service that does that, it's called Jow Forums

>voted for a businessman who became a successful entertainment entrepreneur
While democrats are literally following somoene who answered a casting call. How pathetic are you?

It basically loads the dissenter page for the url you're in on a frame where you can post a comment. Think disqus, but enabled for all sites.

That said, you don't need the extension, you can use the website directly if you wish to. The extension just makes it easier.

>seething

>Oprah considers bid for presidential campaign

Oh I can't wait for your mental gymnastics.

Wasn't there an addon like that but let people draw on top of webpages?

>seething because someone else fell for a scam
?

dos disqus work for all sites or only those with disqus loaded comment sections?

>addon requires your current url to load comments for that url
>don't worry user, you can turn that off
>addon would literally cease to function

Thanks for your expert advice.

>literally calling fighting for your country a scam
the absolute state of the left

Attached: Book+banning+amazon+bans+kevin+macdonalds+culture+of+critique+from_6c9ec2_6989131.jpg (1200x1776, 187K)

what the hell are you even saying? of course it's meant to load comments that's the point of the app. He's saying additional information which would be if they access anything other than what is traditionally gotten through the addons like you currently have. Are you slow in the head?

>fighting for israel = fighting for your country
you have to go back

I don't want an addon that tracks what websites I visit.
This addon requires that information in order to function.
Turning off that telemetry literally breaks the addon.

How fucking retarded are you?

Disqus only works on websites with a disqus section. I was just making the comparison in terms of having a comments section. Dissenter can be used in any website.

At least you can go to their homepage and view a feed of the latest comments without having to actually install the extension. That should be enough for most people. I mean, really, who's going to install a browser extension that can see everything they're doing just so they can read this kind of drivel from literal retards?

Attached: dissenter.png (753x1521, 115K)

Dissenter is great, but I don't see it lasting long before being (((co-opted)))

triggered bitch detected

>fighting for islam = fighting for your country
just admit you're a muslim shill

yes it's supposed to track where you are to put the fucking comment section in. Almost all apps do that.

Won't be soon until it gets quora'd, also this is a viral marketing thread.

>Won't be soon until it gets quora'd
How?

logins required to lurk, seo spamming, and full of indians
calling it right now

>he doesn't support my agenda he must be muslim
this is some low quality bait

Oh look, is this thread again.

Attached: 3834174.jpg (400x304, 19K)

>he's actually anti-semetic and yet claims right wing people are the nazis
i mean if we want to talk about weak bait

It's ok, but not perfect. A lot of people would prefer being able to leave anonymous comments, so it's shit in that regard. Gab is also infected by (((Cloudflare))), so in my opinion the service is garbage.
>vulnerable addon that could potentially be used to harm your computer?
No

what's your issue with cloudfare?

Any oldfags here remember, I think it was ICQ that made a similar feature. It creates a realtime chatroom for every unique URL you visit and you were able to chat with other ICQ users who were currently on that webpage.

its genius and theres literally nothing faggot google can do about it.

Could you please go shill this on Jow Forums or something where there are more people who would fall for it

t. ass ravaged twittertumblrgoogle tard

It's very harmful and definitely tracks u!
source: dude just trust me

>What's your opinion on Dissenter?
OY VEY IT'S LIKE ANUDDAH SHOAH

Why are you here then?

Personally I feel like the association with Gab detracts from the core purpose of Dissenter, which is to decentralize the comment section. It would be interesting if the source code were forked into a "progressive" spin-off.

It would be REALLY interesting if the extension worked like Mastodon and allowed multiple "instances" of Dissenter to interact with spin-offs and clones.

>decentralize the comment section.
At the moment it's literally the opposite.

i'm highly skeptical towards this. it's great for trolls and shitposters but i see no use for it in any broader sense

If it gets any traction it's going to be completely BTFO by bots.
>I make $1000 a week working from home! You can too!

There's a reason moderation exists.

>Have people willingly enlist themselves into one big list where all the people with problematic and dissident opinions can be catalogued, data mined and fingerprinted on the spot.
This kind of honeypot operation has the mark of the jew all over it, i'm very skeptical about it.

>nazi snowflakes can't take people being mean to them so the make their own safe space.
It truly is the best timeline.

For you wiggers who are too paranoid and autistic to install a fucking extension, bookmark this:
javascript:window.open('dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=' window.location.href, '_blank');

The code is opensourced. If you want to examine it to see flaws you should.

Yet you're literally expressing your opinions on the internet right now

>What's your opinion on Dissenter?
I dissent with the court's judgement on this issue.

Screech brother (no gender assumption intended)! We must line up and shoot those frickin' nazis! Punch 'em in the neck! Heck yeah!

dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=I was expecting anons to be taking behind our backs.

Are you taking about this?
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tune-experimental/gdfknffdmmjakmlikbpdngpcpbbfhbnp

Are dissenter comments even visible if you aren't using it?

dissenter.com/discussion/begin?url=

i think dissenter servers and the site are being ddos'd. its not loading and the main site is loading very slowly.

it's an original idea, but gab is controlled opposition, so i'll wait until someone makes a decentralized version of it, ideally Jow Forums-style comments too

Nice!

>Trusting anything made by (((Andrew Torba)))
>Being this braindead
Do your research into who this man is and how many pump-and-dump advertisement scam sites he's been involved in over the years, you fucking shills. Anyone who trusted this shit or Gab should hang themselves for being so gullible.

Attached: 1530539366222.jpg (245x193, 14K)

i haven't been to gab since they banned loli

Attached: 1524725648410.jpg (530x768, 60K)

Attached: unsafe eval.png (1575x2000, 424K)

>No, comments are not made by literally nazis as "news" websites make it out to be
This. It has been completely blown out of proportion and it's really just a pretty cool tool to use

>being too much of a brainlet to check a small open-source application yourself

easily thwarted. i'll have my webserver generate a unique random token for every url and redirect

>Echo chamber
A public platform with practically zero moderation doesn't qualify as an echo chamber

Neat desu~