Webdevs

>webdevs

Attached: 1552236568625.png (581x525, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techempower.com/benchmarks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>neets

>tfw node.js and electron are letting web dev retards leak their bloated software into backend and desktop worlds

>bloated software into backend
Reminder that node is faster than majority of the """non-bloated""" languages, used for backend, like python or ruby.

Webdevs make bug chains easy. Have you seen modern chrome v8 bug chains in windows 10?

It's not the language, it's the developers.
Frontend web devs are the bottom of the programming barrel. But now it's "hey, now I can take my JS """"skill"""" and write desktop/backend!"

A competent Python dev will be able to write significantly better code than your average node programmer, and your average Electron app makes Java/Swing look like an anorexic beanstalk in comparison.

>A competent Python dev will be able to write significantly better code
It doesn't matter what python dev writes, python is a complete garbage performance-wise.

>python is a complete garbage performance-wise
And so is JS, in comparison even to something like Java.

Java is the fastest server-side language for most practical use cases once it warms up.
The only others up there are C/C++ which are highly impractical, Go aka no generics, and Rust which is too new.

Node is insanely faster than java in io heavy tasks which is important for webdev. Java is only faster in raw compute performance which is not really important for the backend.

Maybe if you compare a thin JS library vs full blown Spring, but there's almost no applications where JS actually beats Java in anything performance wise that isn't contrived.

Show me any non-compute benchmarks where java wins.

Literally any of the benchmarks on techempower.com/benchmarks/

TechEmpower, multiple queries benchmark. vertx is everything node wants to be, but good.

>tfw I only developed mobile apps on Appcelerator for couple of years now
>tfw webdevs are taking the mobile multiplat jobs
>tfw too lazy to learn native
>tfw native will also be dead either way

Guess I must learn Angular/Nodejs or Django or whatever, which one sucks less?

Attached: 9c0.jpg (426x341, 31K)

Django is much more enjoyable than JS. But there are less Django jobs than there are Angular/Nodejs. Pick your poison mate

Id say learn React Native or Flutter. Ionic/Angular is kind of meh and its ainterface that runs in a webview.

So not only does your app have to run on a milion versions of android, it has to run in a milion versions of webview in a milion versions of android. Also it feels king of clunky, and doesnt have the native feel at all.

Cross platform development always has drawbacks and I dont think native will go away. Native gives you more power with the device, you can solve most problems much easier than with cross platform and just works better. It is more time consuming and has a bigger price since you need a bigger team and no code reuse.

Also crossplatform slowly kills your soul. And developing JS is garbage and the people who develop it dont care about good programming or rarely care. Cross platform was invented for the sea of startups that spawn every day so you can make an app just to implement your million dollar bean bag idea and sell it as soon as possible.

Why are webdevs so dumb, bros?

I was working as a webdev for a year find myself copy and paste php code
Doing small fixes in jq and mostly margin left right on css..
Any brainlet can do that crap im going to IT for a proper job same salary but better

Also, raw speed isn't the only important metric to consider. Scalability is much more important for the back end than raw speed. Maintainability is almost always more desirable than speed.

Also Python and Ruby are some of the slowest back end languages you could choose to make this comparison. JavaScript really doesn't compare in terms of speed to languages like C# and Java.

This is because of the architecture of node (event loop), not the choice of the JavaScript language. You could implement the node architecture in other languages and see similar scalability. Most Java applications still use the one-process-per-thread model, which works great for compute heavy tasks but doesn't scale well.

>Java is the fastest server-side language for most practical use cases once it warms up.

What is bullshit for 500?

back when i was learning c++/python, i asked a tech-bro buddy of mine living in SF who does webdev in javascript and etc for startups to help me understand oop. he told me "man i don't know i mostly copy/past shit i find online and fuck with it until it works"

he makes ~$180k per year or more. fucking christ

Half (probably more) of your job as a front end developer is gathering requirements and designing the solution now. It's not as "heavy" as backend programming-wise (debatable still with the rapid progression of frontend env) but it does make sense they're paid well considering they're actually acting as project managers as well as devs.

>they're actually acting as project managers as well as devs
he "works from home" (read: plays dota with me) at least 2 days per week. he doesn't do project management. he even jokes about how easy his job is and how little he knows about the shit he codes. this is the kind of guy who builds websites for (going to spit out random companies as to not doxx him too bad) best buy, levi's, big-name bands, etc.

Neat then, hope he enjoys his comfy life. That's how we should all be living.

ya i can't hate on him too much. especially with how self-aware he is about how much he gets paid vs. how much he works and knows. he's renting a room and living with a bunch of people and trying to save up as much money as possible because he thinks this is unsustainable and the webdev bubble is going to pop, and pop hard, soon. everyone he works with is incompetent, including him, he says, yet they all make approx. $200k

jesus christ, is there anything that's just as profitable as webdev?

$200k in SF isn't what you think it is, depending on your living arrangements

Good thinking. I'm off to work a comfy interesting job before leaving early enough to golf. Let's all enjoy what tech brought us.

Have a nice life user

true true

200k is better than nothing DESU

$200k in Europe is

JavaScript has a low barrier to entry and and a rich environment of community packages, which are easily abused by noob webdevs. JavaScript itself also has many design flaws, like anything ever.

Otherwise redpilled botnet memes. Install Gentoo and beat a dead horse to pass the time.

t. Noob Webdev

>JavaScript itself also has many design flaws, like anything ever.
it was designed in ten days by the faggot who founded mozilla as a prototype
it is not
>like anything ever
it's not like c, a language that has aged as well as fortran
it's not like c++ which both suffers greatly from esotericism due to sheer size but also a distinct lack of useful features
it's not like the functional langs which are academic toys
it's not like rust which is just filled with trannies
it's not like python which was originally just a scripting language for automation
it's not like lua which is a programming language for non-programming engineers

it's an abomination
every other language has had some level of thought put into its design

he writes bad code and should feel bad

Based and redpilled. It's only had several revisions over the years and has one of the most performant backends for webservers, but you got me lol. Feelsbadman.

>It's only had several revisions over the years
so has every language on that list besides rust
once a language becomes entrenched it's really not going to change much
>has one of the most performant backends for webservers
and how much of that backend is actually written in js?

Attached: 1528092146248.png (659x317, 112K)

PHP is easier to learn than JavaScript, its also dream to write backend in PHP, you just need to find some soibois who actually like to eat shit - means: learn JS frontend frameworks

I fucking hate the faggy names given to these dev support tools.
Why dont you React to my Angular Node.js you .NET fuck.

i'm making 110k + bonus

Attached: 1514460026491.jpg (750x750, 78K)