This was supposed to be the future of computing

this was supposed to be the future of computing...

what happened Jow Forums...

Attached: cube2.png (450x281, 158K)

Shit was really fucking neato but didn't really work practically. Linux and most OSs that utilize X can still do some comfy compositing though. even Win10 can do that sort of 3d workspace shit.

Oh man I remember trying to install amd drivers and reconfiguring xorg.conf on mandriva for weeks trying to get this shit to work. my fuck did linux actually suck back then.

Nothing happened

Attached: Screenshot_20190314_074927.png (1920x1080, 1.31M)

wobbly windows was fun especially in the XP era

Normies happened. You'll buy computers anyway.

Attached: the_future.png (1358x754, 1.73M)

>what happened Jow Forums...
What happened was that newer laptops went super thin with horrible no-travel keyboards and people reverted back to old laptops, then choosing a light system to make sure it lasts longer.

It was a retarded gimmick for Loonix basedfags

Still somewhat exists/existed on windows with win+tab

I still use it. It's great, can't beat the window picker.

still exist, check compiz-reloaded

It always was a retarded idea that only appealed to edgy 12yolds, so I’m glad it’s gone.
Just that it isn’t.
I remember when all the macfaggots laughed at those ridiculous spinnan cubes, how this is tasteless crap for kids, but nowadays every single browser on iOS (apart from Firefox and brave) uses this shit for tab management even though it’s wholly unsuited for the task. I hate this timeline.

Attached: 20B7ADF7-56A4-45FE-A9D9-3E919B50D56C.png (640x1136, 319K)

In every distro I ever tried, on four computers, Compiz always failed. It either failed to compile, or, once compiled, it failed to run. Evidence has accumulated over time: Compiz does not actually exist. Every screenshot you see is a fake worked up in various 3d software.

Can I get this DE somewhere?

It exists in its entirety on any normie distro to this day, the retarded animations just aren't enabled by default

It's not gone.

It's the underlying accelerated desktop manager of every normies distro today.

>he does not know dexpot

Attached: 951.png (474x711, 90K)

my eyes hurt

this shit is for manchilds

This. GNU/Linux on desktop is for immature males.

>4 googles
>3 clocks
>2 dates
>1 eye sore

pointless bloat

The idea of a composited desktop is still very much alive, it's just been refined since spinnan cubez are not really that great in the end

I think the guy that made this just saw Iron Man

You meant to say "The future happened".
Right?

It's all about spinnin cylinders now.

Attached: Screenshot_20190208_080149.png (1680x1050, 1.37M)

Horrifying

Oh, actually. Yes

I love how utterly impractical and bad the futuristic GUIs from the movies look.

Still there, just set the checkbox, faggot.

>titus posting without titus

>worlds within worlds

Attached: CAQmROsUcAA0_Cj.jpg (1024x512, 84K)

I'd keep leaving stuff on another workspace and forget about it.

This faggot happened

Attached: 104558783-GettyImages-72959794-steve-jobs.1910x1000.jpg (1910x1000, 223K)