Gnome 3.32 is here

Gnome 3.32 is here
>Fractional scaling
>HIDPI
>Huge performance improvements
>Lower RAM usage
It's the best gnome yet

Attached: apps-overview-940x529.png (940x529, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.32/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ho ho ho ha ha, ho ho ho he ha. 'Ello, my old chum. I’m gnot an gnelf. I’m gnot a goblin. I’m a gnome. And you’ve been, GNOMED!!!

Attached: gnome.jpg (750x422, 18K)

Keep laughing but the best Linux DE gets better and better

Post ram usage.

how long until it's in the arch repos?

gnome seems kind of good lately

wat

>using linux
>not using tiling wm

Windows 10 uses 400MB of RAM.
What about GNOME tablet DE?

so by the best yet, you mean just plain shit instead of post-deltaco whiskey diarrhea ?
sign me up :^)

Attached: c67.jpg (604x438, 16K)

will try it if it comes on fedora 30 you fucking shills, if it is still a laggy mess compared to xorg, i will shitpost hard for kde in your safespaces

gr8 text rendering m8

A FUCKING FOOT LMFAO

Attached: rage2.jpg (479x356, 34K)

139MiB on my end

it's a scaled down image moron

How long till manjaro repos get it?

>Gnome
>lower ram usage
>no man

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-14 03-28-00.png (547x200, 35K)

Gnome shell uses less RAM than tiling wms.
Anti-gnome fags BTFO

Even when using awesome which is bloated as fuck my system's entire ram usage is at 40 mb

Waiting for Ubuntu 19.04 here, unless i go with Fedora 30, but i dunno, Ubuntu has more or less just werked for me.

having have this on KDE for ages

enjoy your inferior DE

Attached: file.png (3840x2160, 3.38M)

Yes, I too enjoy having to restart just to apply changes to my fucking DE.

>40mb total ram usage for entire system
imagine lying on the internet
>no working wayland
dropped

Is it gonna ship with Debian Buster once it becomes stable or did they froze it with 3.30? Might try it as I've been using Xfce for years because every other DE either is a clusterfest of options I don't need or just buggy and slow.

some of it is already in
i think the maint.'s building the shit atm

Can it do per monitor scaling? I have a 96dpi as well as a 163dpi monitor and only Windows can do separate scaling (dunno about fagOS though).

tiling is unusable

you mean gnome's wayland? ofc it will be shitty, i bet video playback will still stutter and the desktop will have noticeable unpleasant lag/sluggishness

>Gnome shell uses less RAM than tiling wms.
retardation at it's finest

you know, you wouldn't need fractional scaling if you didn't purchase a retarded monitor

>you know, you wouldn't need fractional scaling if you didn't purchase a retarded monitor

Like what?
Are 1440p 27" retarded monitors? WTF

>imagine being this retarded

>tablet UI
>on a PC
fucking top fucking lel my dudes

yep, absolutely

tell me , what are you using that isn't retarded

>tablet
it's not
the only tablet-y thing is the applications grid

im using a shitty laptop display that is somewhat retarded but i did not go out of my way to buy it by choice

>im using a shitty laptop display that is somewhat retarded but i did not go out of my way to buy it by choice

keep homeless

Not to be skepitcle, but they've been saying performance improvements for like the last few major releases and I haven't noticed it.

in fact you should be grateful to the gnomefags cos if i was the gnomefag i would have put a big ass note to not be a retard and expect me to fix your disability post-factum

>HIDPI

Attached: 1523008354531.jpg (700x734, 107K)

gnome is ugly and bloated

i'll stick to Mint

not rly

it's 100mbs and 4/500mbs installed

bloatware

Attached: optometriste.jpg (630x277, 123K)

Too bad i already switched to sway 1.0 a few days ago. It is actually not slowing down my games, contrary to gnome, while still providing me with tearfree compositing. It also doesn't have any trouble with mouse stutter/lag, unlike our single threaded gnomeidiots.

what happend with HIDPI monitors?

>muh gayms
Gnome is for people who like to get work done, unlike faggots ricing their gay wms all day

Available but expensive.
HP Z display Z27q, 27"
5120x2880, 16:9, 218dpi

Reminder the only sensible HiDPI monitors have approximately 200 PPI. The density should be double that of LoDPI monitors so that legacy bitmap / pixel applications can scale perfectly.

24" => 2160p
27" => 2880p

Attached: Z27q-hp_600x600.jpg (600x503, 66K)

Nah, just use defaults and add some clickable shortcuts to close windows in the status bar. That's my first wm and i have not done anything else to it and it is a blast.

Dell UltraSharp UP3218K, 31.5"
is also acceptable.
7680x4320, 16:9, 280dpi

Attached: 1599496-n0.jpg (700x522, 53K)

>Gnome only just getting proper scaling and DPI support

so this... is the power... of open source

Also, mouse stutter is gnome-shell problem and has nothing to do with games. Every single animation needs a gaming class GPU to not make the mouse stutter so it makes gnome useless for anyone with a integrated or laptop GPU.
Guess what i have. I still can play games with sway though. Gnome makes nothing but trouble, even for daily usage.

based

>UP3218K

3600€ WTF is that

>remove features free up ram

kys gnome shill

Did you try Gnome 3.32? It has unironically a lot of performance fixes compared to previous versions.

Did they fix the filepicker thumbnails yet?

I heard about that but i just switched to sway a few days ago due to bad performance and am happy with it for now.

I use gnome Wayland on several of my ThinkPads and have never had that issue, try gnome wayland

Attached: lolibooru 194969 bare_shoulders brown_background looking_at_viewer out-of-frame_censoring plaid_pant (1280x1280, 830K)

>WTF is that
A decent monitor.

Okay I'm installing it, but if it doesn't have the same level of performance as Openbox I'm deleting it forever

>A decent monitor.
the monitor of your dreams that you'll never have.

>huge performance improvement
Gonna try it out later but I don't have much faith because I have an nvidia GPU.

Still looks like shit and UX is unbearable, even worse than mac.

If this is true I can finally switch to Linux. I am very finnicky about desktop performance and even slightest lags trigger me hard af.

Attached: firefox_2019-03-14_12-55-59.png (996x234, 15K)

>even slightest lags trigger me hard af.

+1 here

nvidiots forget to mention that nvidia doesn't support xwayland, so that huge ass expensive gaming cpu is absolutely useless for wayland.

Yeah, KDE has improved a lot.

Expect it to break with the next nvidia driver update.

>wanting an interface that looks like a huge smartphone

Attached: 1516401820767.jpg (642x880, 135K)

Could someone explain this whole mess to a brainlet?

What is the difference/connection between Wayland and EGL/EGLStreams?

>It's the best gnome yet
Still shit.

>gayland
lmao

>best gnome yet
that would be mate

>70161929
>Huge performance improvements
>Lower RAM usage
I need hard data on that

O M G GUYS!
NOW FOOTFAGS CAN HAVE DESKTOP ICONS!

Attached: file.png (951x102, 5K)

GNOME is finally perfect, rejoice for we have the best Linux Desktop

>>Lower RAM usage
No mentions of lower RAM usage here: help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.32/

still using that js crap it seems.
thanks but no thanks.

>you know, you wouldn't need fractional scaling if you didn't purchase a retarded monitor
Multimonitor setups are not exactly new and even Windows has had per monitor scaling since at least Windows 7. Just because your poorfag OS cannot even do the simplest things, don't mock me for using one that actually works. Linux is actually about ten years behind in hardware support, it is a joke.

Gnome is retarded, but this does not apply to all open source.

per monitor scaling on windows is broken though. they just texture scale windows so text gets blurry. you can do same scaling on gnome with xrandr

I have had no problems with Windows' scaling, and I use 200%

>high resolution
>looks like a smartphone
Is this some 768p sour grapes kinda deal?

>clock location
nope

>itt: retards with ancient hardware comparing gnome to bare window managers without animations

>icons
>on the desktop

this

Still using 1.3GB of RAM.
Still stuttering all over the place.
Animations still aren't smooth.

I'll give it another shot next year. Maybe they'll get their shit together another time.

Who needs icons at all, right?
I bet Gnome will get rid of them on the next version!

>minimize program
>it disappears
welp, the foot solved that problem by removing the ability to minimize

Attached: 2018-12-10-163521_1600x900_scrot.png (656x502, 15K)

i don't use foot3, i stopped putting anything on the desktop years ago

All wayland compositors were written using the GBM api. Everyone except nvidia supports GBM. Nvidia not only does not support GBM, they showed up years later with their own shitty eglstreams implementation. Wayland compositors would have to literally rewrite thousands of lines of code just for nvidia.

Gnome are cucks, so they wrote support for free. KDE is literally being paid by nvidia to develop it. I do not know how far along that is.

nobody who uses linux on their desktop uses nvidia gpus, that's retarded

Good luck using non-HIDPI interface on a 13-inch laptop with 1440p or 4K display.

>don't mock me for using one that actually works
windows has never had working scaling - it has always been ass

>Linux is actually about ten years behind in hardware support, it is a joke.
yea i replied to a bait i know

I wonder how many times i will have to say this. EGLStreams is an open standard support by khronos. GBM is just garbage. Eglstreams will support multi gpu. Gpu switching. Remote desktop. And recording with apps universally across desktops like OBs. Mesa/gbm/wayland will always be garbage because its flawed by design. You should be thankful for nvidia in this case for not giving in to an inferior implementation.

While AMD is slowly catching up, the nvidia drivers on Linux are STILL the best performance and power efficiency wise.

>Eglstreams will support multi gpu. Gpu switching. Remote desktop. And recording with apps universally across desktops like OBs.
Total nonsense and garbage you made up. Eglstreams still has to obey the wayland protocol like everything else. You don't magically get those things for free. You have to write a protocol and implement support for them.

Nvidia is only good for high end gaming at 4k and machine learning/neural networks. The average person on Linux should never use nvidia.