/spg/ - Smartphone General

Razr Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: razr.jpg (1510x943, 518K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/CopperheadOS/comments/9xeo6b/copperheados_dead/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you didn't list phones that allow bootloader unlocking
you didn't list phones with published kernel source

Requesting advice.
I'm purchasing an LG V40 directly from Sprint, it's part of my service plan. Do I still need to check the IMEI to make sure I'm not getting chinked? Thank you.

No if it's straight from Sprint.

my moto phone got stolen and now I had to resort to a samsung s7. build quality is excellent but the bloatware is killing me. I disabled it but just knowing its there annoys me.

looking for a phone in the $100ish area in the US, should i use swappa or ebay for unlocked or someplace else? carrier is cricket

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-102201.png (685x439, 87K)

You only have to worry about it if its from a 3rd party. Occasionally LG does take boards from different variants (V10 and V20 US version with KR-model boards), but it'll get an appropriate IMEI so you don't have the same downside as a chinked frankenstein phone (no OTA).

>m7
I just took mine out of retirement recently, my old man needed a phone while waiting for his new one to ship. Its still surprisingly fast, even on Nougat

Just got a Note 9.
Best apps for it?

Based

should i buy a pocophone f1 or shell out a bit more for a oneplus 6t?

>shell out a bit more for a oneplus 6t

Why not go for a Mi 9 when it comes out?

Get the Poco

Haven't really looked into that one yet, why would you go for that one?
Any reasons why?

>why would you go for a Mi 9 vs OP6T
SD855 vs SD845
3 functional cameras vs 1 functional camera

Also, I think the Mi 9 is cheaper

First time trying custom rom.
What should I get for honor 8?

>Any reasons why?
Pocophone is nearly half the price (~$280 from China), and still has a headphone jack, expandable storage and a bigger battery.

If you have the money to shell out for OP6T then might as well wait for Mi9 or OP7 for the newer gen processor.

Goddamn it, why aren't they releasing compact phones? They're missing a good market for it.

6'0" is the average height; are you sub-textually telling us something?

When I tried to take it out of retirement all it did was heat up, run apps like a slideshow for fifteen minutes and then power down. Living in a tropical country with an aluminum phone really kills the battery quick

Wait for OnePlus 7T
enjoy the Zenfone Max Pro M1 until then.

Just buy the Xperia XZ1 bro
it's got a 5.2" display, it's compact enough.
XZ1C is for literal midgets.

S10e looks good, although its pretty expensive.

I'm considering grtting XZ2 compact personally, even though its a year old.

Use a case bro
it'll deflect the sun's rays and keep it cool.

>its a year old.
makes 0 difference, specs are strong as fuck
phones are a meme, anything in recent years is good to go for many more years
many more years.

What phone has given you the comfiest overall experience?

What phone has lasted you the longest?

>They're missing a good market for it.
I don't think "they" are. It's simply and objectively not practical to type on smaller displays. And it's not that the phones themselves have gotten enormously large, screen to body ratios have been getting increasingly higher.

>What phone has given you the comfiest overall experience?
OnePlus 6t
>What phone has lasted you the longest?
OnePlus 3 it lasted 2.5years

At this rate I think I'll eventually switch to an iPhone because I'm getting tired of Android.

Moto Jow Forums

Attached: 1534603888656.jpg (1536x1024, 261K)

I agree Poco is for chads

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

>Samsung Galaxy Note 3 had wifi issues
>Broke part of the charging port while trying to fix it
>Screen turns to something else when I reboot it
>Huawei Mate 9's entire EMUI OS freezes
>Since it has a non removable battery I can't immediately turn it off and reboot it
>Laptop can't detect device through adb because it needs phone permission
Jesus fucking christ

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Note 4

Used it close to 3 years, 2 years with CyanogenMod and there'll never be anything else like it.

pocophone vs OP6t, which one has the least bloatware?

OnePlus 6t but get it from their website if you live in the US. The T-Mobile version has bloat. It's a great phone. Camera could be better and there could be a headphone jack.

My sister is looking for a phone. She has a hard on for Nokia, but she is willing to try other brands. Her biggest concern is that it must be able to take some kind of beating. Being able to take nice photos would also be great We live in South Africa and use Vodacom. For GSM they use 900 and 1800 and also use B1 and B3. She needs Android or iOS. She looking at low to medium budget. Any recommendations?

What phone would you recomend?
Previously i had Xperia P and T3, now im using absolute garbage Umidigi Crystal. It still works, but the battery gets swollen more with every day. Im looking for anything that doesn't have curved edges and corners (i feel like im being robbed of all of these corner pixels) with above average specs. I don't mind having bezel here and there. I've been looking at Razer phone, both 1 and 2, but i don't know if it would be worth the quite high price tag. Are there any good (preferably non Chinese), boxy alternatives?

Attached: i-razer-phone-2-8-64gb-czarny.jpg (1400x1004, 106K)

LG V30. With no noticeable lag, good camera, amazing DAC and no gay notch makes me think that I'll be using it for several years
HTC Touch Pro. Still works to this day, even if it is horrifyingly outdated at this point. I really miss using a stylus and having a fully accessible Windows-based OS on my phone

Attached: 0_0_480_1_70__DynamicImages_Product_HTC-Touch-Pro-1.jpg (480x276, 17K)

>Are there any good (preferably non Chinese), boxy alternatives?
Sony XZ Premium / XZ1 / XZ1 Compact

The M7 is one of the sexiest phones of all time, no way was I putting it in a case

I'll just post here because dumbphone general just isn't a thing.

My E1270 is starting to show the signs of time. What is a good flip-phone that's not crazy expensive? Yes, it has to be a flip-phone.
I'm willing to get a smartphone if it flips and it's not a cheap chinese plastic piece targeted to old people.
No grandpa-tier shit.

>Country
Italy
>Carrier
Wind
>Wanted features
What I really like about dumbphones is their long lasting battery and the sense of independence that comes with it. And you can beat niggers to death with it, without any fear of chipping the screen.
I would like for this new phone to have the option to customize ringtones.
It would also be nice if the phone was able to store more than 50 SMSs in its memory
>Budget
30-50€
100€ if it's really really worth it.

Attached: 41rkytr4ojL.jpg (380x420, 26K)

Phones that can be rooted and have good battery life? US AT&T

any ballpark on the OP7 announcement?
If the OP7 returns the fingerprint scanner to the back or has remappable buttons I would be willing to shill out the money for it, but if not I am prospecting the price of the OP6T drops after the 7 comes out.

If i could pick up the 6T for $400 that would be ideal, I want those delicious specs and 1.5 day battery with warp charge. But the front fingerprint sensor is dumb.

Attached: 1498888904231.gif (421x389, 1021K)

>But the front fingerprint sensor is dumb.
Why? I recently switched from an iphone 6s to a Pocophone (which has sensor on the back), and while the fingerprint sensor on the Poco was way faster, the front sensor on the iphone felt way easier and comfortable to reach.

what's all the drama with copperheadOS? is there a more secure out the box smartphone available to buy? or is copperhead phones still the GOAT

I've heard you guys are motofags. So is G6 any good? I wanted to buy Xperia first, it has what I want: fairly vanilla android, no bezelless faggotry. But then I learned it has really shit battery.

Attached: xperia-L1-Black-product-shot-2000x2000-62c22e2ef43da8a1c8cef05b1c677000.png (2000x2000, 307K)

I'm a Sonyfag and the XZ2 costs $1020 here
some dude is selling his new unused one (used it for a youtoob review, it's got the stickers and everything on it), 8 months old, for $575
should I go for it?

Mi mix 3 5G is coming in May and will have a rear fp scanner and fast charging both wired and wireless, otherwise get the OP6T, I think it will be possible to find it for $400 once the OP7 arrives.

oh shit just saw the crappy fingerprint scanner placement
fuck it, time to man up and wait for the OP7T

>any ballpark on the OP7 announcement?
May to June based on earlier OnePlus launches.

>If the OP7 returns the fingerprint scanner to the back
It won't, it'll be under the screen again

xiaomei, huawei, and zte all banned at work. Don't wanna buy a nice phone and have a burner for work either.
Been using the honor 8 for years and its fingerprint/smartkey is still the best shit having 3 remappable function and fingerprint placement perfectly where your finger lands on the back when holding it, even with a popsocket.
Front Fingerprint scanner on larger phones makes your readjust your phone and can't be reached if you are holding it by a popsocket.

Attached: hah.gif (140x140, 80K)

Wtf are those prices. The XZ2 is 399€ new here, used you can get it for 200-250€.

reddit.com/r/CopperheadOS/comments/9xeo6b/copperheados_dead/

Xperiashit is ridiculously expensive here for some shit reason
it's why I'm gonna man up and get the OP7T
the Xperia 1 isn't even gonna come out, we never got the Xperia XZ2 Premium/XZ3, Sony's given up on selling mobiles here. Fugg

So S10e or S10 lads? Can't find a definitive answer

Is the xperia xz2 any good or should i just get an s9+ or iphone 8+? I just need a reliable phone and clean software

shame the dev isn't selling pre flashed phones but what can you do I suppose

>clean software
Xperia, then. I can confirm, Xperias are bretty good. You can disable the useless apps from settings and it's not a resource hog. The XZ2 has a great battery life, miles better than S9+

what about oneplus 6t?

How clean are oneplus' software usually?

S10e

Excellent, top tier. Go for the OnePlus 7 if you can wait for it or get the 6T if you're getting it for a real steal.

>Go for the OnePlus 7
What will it truly offer over the S10 family?

Literally everything
>perfect aesthetics thanks to no camera hole on the display (I don't know how goyim can be happy with that)
>much better battery life
>much cleaner software and stock OS

Great battery life and a better software

It depends on what you want:
S10e: smaller, capacitive fp sensor, lower resolution, missing the 2x zoom camera
S10: bigger, under-screen fp sensor, higher resolution, more cameras, curved screen

>tfw i really want the OP7 but really can't wait that much longer for a new phone

Have some fucking patience nigger
use a shitphone until then or borrow one

Samtrash is still on 2x? That's what they had with the S9 phones
meanwhile the chinkphones get 10x zoom
absurdly pozzed, Samshit is the worst thing you can buy right now. Irredeemable trash

Don't tell me what to do you worthless sack of shit

How many of my carrier's LTE bands does a phone need to function well? Most chink phones have some but not all. I'm on T-Mobile.

Scamsung always puts one really good main sensor, add variable aperture and such and then throw in the rest as an afterthought, especially the wide angle lens . They still have trouble adapting to the multi-camera setup pushed by Huawei and the rest of the chinks.

>No wireless charging, no earbud jack, shit resistance to water, shitter display and color

No hole> hole when it comes to screens. Once they fix that we can talk about color accuracy.

Honor 10 Lite a good choice? I was considering Pocophone but it's £100 more and needs some rooting or some shit to enable 1080p60 recording, and I'm travelling very soon so wont really have the time to do this (and it might void warranty which isn't worthwhile).

Nokia 7.1 and Huawei P Smart 2019 also look good. Any recommendations for one over the others?

buy samshit, I don't give a fuck
muh wireless

All those are afterthoughts when your phone can't hold a decent day's worth of charge

Best $50 phone? Used GS5?

Lgv10 for both. Bought mine the first week.
To be fair though it had a factory warranty repair for boot loop.

Lads, it's been so long since I set up a new phone that I forgot:
When you switch on and set up a new Android phone, do you HAVE TO log in to a Google account? Or can you skip it and use the phone without being logged in?

Attached: 1541685710262.png (1267x785, 97K)

I never liked the Touch Pro much. Moved up from a Tytn 2, keyboard was a downgrade, and HTC's snazzy interface didn't play well with landscape. Didn't help that both the phone before (Tytn 2), beside (Xperia X1) and after (TP 2) it had extensive full featured Android ports and could cold boot Android, while it and the Touch Diamond trudged along.

Yes retard
don't be an asshole.

RN3P running viper os, Then the screen broke and i bought the rn5. I'ts allright, build quality and daylight picture quality is better ont he 5, but the other one was the tits overall.

actually, I just noticed that the RN5 got an official viperos build, I think ill try installing this tonight.

I really want to continue supporting Sony since they're the only company that cares about aftermarket development, they don't let carriers walk over them and disable bootloader unlock, and they maintain a full AOSP device tree, even for devices that no longer gets major updates (i.e. Pie for the SD820 generation). Only downside is that bootloader unlock permanently modifies the device since it wipes the DRM key partition, so even if you relock it you lose some Sony-exclusive functionalities like Bravia Engine and (previously) LDAC, which is sorta fair to stop people from reverse engineering their shit, as well as relocking to sell. If you stay unlocked, there are DRM fix kernel so you don't lose functionalities. But hardware wise, they've made some really shitty decisions lately. The XZ/XZ Premium was perfect, but then they decided they want to follow market trends after all and start adding meme features like edge screen while removing the headphone jack.

Get out of South Africa.

It's a tough world out there for phone companies
Apple made it fashionable to have no jack and a notch but Sony bucked the notch trend so far

how many years do you think it'll take for budget phones like the redmi series to be on parity with where poco is now with adreno630/sd845?

wat?
Yes to what? And how am I being an asshole?
What a strange post.

Attached: 1526682791255.png (1063x1063, 245K)

Yes, you'll need a Google account, obviously. That's what you were asking.

ok thank you

I'm kidding fren, you can skip that bit. Sorry about the a-hole bit :(

Zero. It's been confirmed that a Redmi flagship running on the 855 is in the works.

get a Xiaomi Mi8 or Mi Mix 2S / Mix 3, they have all the necessary bands for T-Mobile.

>Honor 8
Don't bother with the ROMs. Every ROM I flashed when I still used mine had extremely shit battery life. I had to charge the thing like twice a day.

>using Huashit
fuck off honestly

>needs some rooting or some shit to enable 1080p60 recording
it doesn't, they added that 4K/60fps and 1080p/60fps in a recent update. Currently only on beta MIUI builds but coming on stable soon.

>might void warranty
rooting or unlocking the bootloader doesn't void warranty on Xiaomi phones

Is the Beta opt in for anyone then? I just want it to be totally straightforward to get it enabled.

Also, Pocophone or Honor 10 Lite? I read one article claiming that the Honor 10 Lite has Bluetooth issues which would kill it if true. £100 is pretty big.

why dont you guys recommend smartphones like /pcbg/ recommends parts ?