Do you unplug your laptop when the battery is full?

Do you unplug your laptop when the battery is full?

Attached: 4456098_en_1.png (520x293, 83K)

No, don't be retarded.

100% charge kills batteries. Keep it 80% Y'a'll

i remove the battery instead of increasing the number of cycles it goes through and wearing it down

No because it's only 30% capacity anyway

In 1945+74 I do expect that this behavior is done automatically by the hardware, even the 100% is a masked 80%.

You think that's true?

That's only necessary if you're using it (because of automatic current refusal), which is silly because the point of using a laptop is to have no wires

Honestly I don't really care, I keep the plug in every time I use it anyway. It's more like a portable desktop, I surely don't program at the park or on a bar's table.

I am so paranoid about this on my new laptop that whenever I see that my full charge led is white and os shows 95%, I go to bios to check on battery charge if it's 100%

No cos the battery is fucked and will last 10 mins max. It's now essentially an unusually mobile desktop.

Any laptop worth it's salt starts to trickle charge if the battery level is above 90% or so, and bypasses the battery entirely if the battery is 100%.

Fuck no, if I did I wouldn’t have a good excuse to buy a new laptop every 2 years.

>the point of using a laptop is to have no wires
retard

I use acpi_call and tlp, so it stops charging at 85% and discharge until 45% before charging again.

I don't own a laptop, so no

Who gives a shit? You can just replace the battery because you bought a Thinkpad. You DID buy a Thinkpad, RIGHT?

Also this.

Yes.
A battery is like a muscle. If you don't use it, you lose it.
Let your battery get to 1% before charging it again.

>Let your battery get to 1% before charging it again.
50% for lithium ion is the best way to increase battery longevity. Only power cycle to empty every six months or so.

Do you remove the battery from your UPS too? Or you don't have one you poorfag?

No it doesn't

Yes it do. Educate yourself

Isn't it 40% to 80%?

It does.

That's why pro laptops like Panasonic all have 80% charge option.

My batteries stop charging when they hit 85%, the laptop runs on the ac power after that

This. I bought used dell for 50 bucks and i couldnt care less about battery. On the contrary i try to keep battery between 20 and 80 on my 1000$ phone. It feels great to have something cheap and disposable.

No it fucking doesn't. You people think you know everything. Devices won't overcharge their batteries if you leave them plugged in. What will damage the battery is letting drain completely.

It's not overcharging that damages it you retard. Constantly jumping from 98/99% to 100% wears out lithium batteries, shortening their lifespan.

Straight from Toughbook manual:

Economy Mode (ECO) enabled:Stop the battery recharging at 80% of fully charged. By stopping the battery recharging before 100% (fully charged), the burden on the battery is reduced and deterioration is prevented, so the lifetime of battery pack will be extended.

But what do they know, they're only battery manufacturers and it's the end users that know fucking everything.

I'm pretty sure mine automatically cuts power off after reaching a certain limit. I may have turned that feature off as it was bugging with some of my programs.

I only unplug when I'm going somewhere with my laptop.

I never use my laptop when it's plugged. Shit lasts 9 hours of work on battery and I just plug it in until the next morning once I'm home.

This is outdated information. Modern battery controllers are smarter than that.

post config