Why you don't use xfce DE ? Explain

Why you don't use xfce DE ? Explain

Attached: 1552500574892.jpg (960x866, 66K)

Its depreciated.

And after the transition to GTK3 it has same RAM usage as Plasma while having 10% of the features.

I use it user. I run Debian stable so I don't get all the fancy updades kde and gnome have gotten over the last few years. But I always ran Xfce, although I used gnome2 in the past.

I do. I have done so for years

i'd rather use lxqt

Why would you use xfce? It's literally deprecated. It doesn't even support vsync. There isnt a single reason to use it.

KAYDEE EEE is better

used Xubuntu for some time
installed Ubuntu MATE
found a minor problem
installed Xfce again
Xfce just werks

But I do you silly frog.

Attached: 1401078609981.png (2310x830, 839K)

No Wayland, no features.

This.
No reason to use Xfeces anymore. Plasma uses less memory, is more customizable, looks better, it's just a plain better DE overall, it even have a good file picker that the retards at Mozilla finally decided to add support to Firefox.
Xfeces is dead boys, move on.

use KDE with compton

But I am using it. It just does what I need from DE - pick up app and switch between tasks.

Because Windows 10 is superior to GNÜ.

Attached: 1547283999227.jpg (1080x1246, 100K)

Plasma puts 30C extra on my GPU and it takes 2 secs for anything to open. Xfce is instant response and my GPU is cool.

Gnome>plasma, the ram usage doesn't really matter unless you need that 500-1000mb of RAM. If you do you might as well just log out and change your DE and do what you need. With Linux, you can actually switch and aren't forced to only 1 DE

Come at me

Imagine being this retarded

there's literally no issues with kde + compton

Yes there fucking is. Kwin already has tearing prevention.

Because I use GNOME

Attached: 1551888148477.png (468x468, 140K)

Because i3 exists

>DE
b-loat

Do you eat foot cheese?

I don't use compton because of v-sync, I use it because kwin has abismal performance on nvidia, and is overall slower than compton. And I haven't ran into any issues yet.

No because I have normal fetishes unlike you, faggot

Because I use KDE

You can't make KDE or any plasma DE look just like windows 7. So no point in using it.

Fuck off normie

That's all kwin's fault, take the compton pill.

KDE is much better and works out of the box.
Its beautiful to boost.

KDE is unstable

Because i3 is superior

Gnome>Xfce>unusable garbage>something that killed your whole family>kde

GNOME renders at 3 frames per second on my laptop as soon as I pull out the app menu. KDE and Xfce are instant and all their animations are at stable 60fps without performance drops. KDE>XFCE>utter shit>MacOS/Windows>GNOME

Is it autistic to think KDE just tries to do too much? Used it last weekend after wanting to try something new from xfce but damn KDE just does too much for me and was a bit overwhelming
Do I just have to get used to it or something?

Its tricky to get a minimal xfce install on debian now. the dependencies are all over the place. I had to install just a desktop and a file manager so a normie office manager could access a server via RDP and lxqt was about half the size.

Because we have LXQT.

Try LQXT, it's KDE without bloat.

the metapackages of Debian are even more bloated than fedora but with you can get rid of more things on debian

Cute dragon vs. filthy vermin?
The choice is obvious.

Enjoy a classic personal computing experience with fvwm

Attached: fvwm-logo-gradient.png (1000x341, 121K)

Too much to customize the look of it. I also just prefer the feeling and ease of use of KDE Plasma.

Going to look into this. KDE has its issues.

Because I prefer the sleek feel of KDE® Plasma™.