>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 6GB are standard choices
>GTX 1660Ti or RTX 2060 for very high framerates if you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 for very high framerates if you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/m389D2
youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM
samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc27hg70qqnxza/
youtube.com/watch?v=R2WP5nLFMk8
pcpartpicker.com/list/Qmz6WD
pcpartpicker.com/list/2LTw4q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous

Any ATX cases with this aesthetic?

Attached: 90spcgaming1_1.jpg (600x375, 60K)

who's waiting for Navi in here?

Attached: 1542906313080.jpg (850x399, 55K)

For me it didn't seem to be.
Here is 1660Ti vs my 960

And pic related is 2060 vs 960.

for a $50-60 price savings it didn't seem worth it.

Attached: 2019-03-14 11_54_21.png (683x1905, 238K)

Should I get this second hand for 635$?
Ryzen 2600x
Asus Rog Strix B350-F
Nvidia GTX 950(It will work for now, I guess.)
Corsair RM550x
SanDisk Plus 240GB
16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200
Fractal Design Meshify C

If the system works and isn't very old it seems like a pretty good deal. You can always put the parts into PCpartpicker and see how much they are brand new and then make a decision. Meshify Fractal cases are usually pretty nice too.

The thing is that I'm not sure if 2600x is bad compared to 2700x. I don't want to buy a soon to be obsolete cpu. Though yeah, the computer seems really well(its bought in aug 2018) and its parts are actually not some offbrand chink shits but quality ones. Though I'm still not sure.

2600x is absolutely fine. It's slightly faster than the 2700 at the cost of higher TDP and heat. 2600x is an absolutely fine CPU. As is the 2600 which I'd still recommend you'd get if it was in that package.
2600x to 2700x difference is negligible other than the 2700x is more efficient and has more cores or something.
Ultimtely it comes down to like .1 or .2 GMhz between them both stock and OC'd.

Not if you don't want to put some more money to upgrade it. Pricewise it is fair, but overall a shit build. You could do better for $635.

>Ryzen
>Just came out
>Worried about bing obsolete
I've been using this for 10 years and I play all modern games at 60fps you wimp.

Attached: literally older than you.png (674x532, 64K)

is 2600x fine with stock cooler? ive seen some people it runs hot

>You could do better for $635.
Can you help me on that, video card is the least important to me for now.

Yes it runs hot. Yes it's fine with stock cooler because you're not going to be an idiot and attempt to OC it with the stock cooler. If you want to OC a 2600x or 2700x you need to get a Noctua or an AIO watercooler minimum.

So does the 1660 replace the 1060 6gb on the OP now or?

No, I don't care about Oc'ing it. Just worried about it dying faster because of the heat.

It's designed that way. The x stands for it being factory overclocked and comes with a better cooler than the 2600 to compensate for it. Will it die in like 5 years? No. I'm not sure why you're panicking about this. It's just a CPU sold by a manufacturer who use good materials and techniques in making it. These things will last much longer than any chips before them.

Oh, if you don't care about vidya, that isn't a bad build then. You just aren't going to be playing anything other than Dwarf Fortress on it with a 950

I care about vidya but the 950 will do fine for a few months.

yes pretty much.

Attached: 2019-03-14 12_33_51.png (1014x854, 190K)

Im considering building my first decent pc and would like some help from people that know what they are doing, is this good?
pcpartpicker.com/list/m389D2
budget is around $1500
im planning on using it for muh gaymes, video editing, etc.

So what should I get minus the GPU.

Seems fine. I'd check to see whether the stock 2600x cooler is better or worse than your chosen after market cooler. Why do you have 2 SSD's? You save like milliseconds on load times with an ssd. It's really not worth it. Get a high rpm 2tb or 4tb drive and just use that.

>You save like milliseconds on load times with an ssd

Comparing SSD to M.2 NVMe SSD, sure.

Comparing HDD to SSD however is miles difference.

You can see loading times cut in half in some cases.

Bullshit. And if a 30 second load timer turns into a 15 minute one is it worth fucking spending a couple of hundred bucks for it? Probably fucking not. If you wanna waste your cash then buy it. Or you could not be a huge retard and get a good HDD for cheaper and put the cash elsewhere.

>Why do you have 2 SSD's?
because the example build i the op had that, honestly

Don't buy 2 ssds. Just get the m.2 one for now, and use the savings to get a 1440p monitor. Your build is 1440p ready, so might as well use it.

>Bullshit
Where have you been for the last decade?

In 2019, ANY drive you're installing applications, games, etc to, should be an SSD.

For data storage, obviously HDDs make sense. But for programs? SSDs all the way.

Attached: 2019-03-14 12_59_14.png (558x292, 83K)

>adobe
>excel
>photoshop
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pls everyone ignore this retard. SSDs for operating systems and vidya is absolutely worth it.

Op trying his best not to look like a fucking retard.

lmao, retard

Attached: 2019-03-14 13_04_01.png (379x109, 5K)

>Just get the m.2 one for now
so should i get the 256gb one or upgrade it to the 512gb one?

What do when windows bluescreens on startup on brand new hardware with only the bear essentials plugged in? I've tried to reinstall it multiple times, but no help.

>that awful color scheme
>f12
HMMMM
I bet next there' will be two posts at exactly the same time professing they're different people.

Honestly, ignore that retard.

M.2 NVMe SSD for boot and programs and SATA SSD for games.

256gb. You just need your OS, and most played games on it. If you find you need more, you can always buy a second drive later. But I have had a 256gb ssd + 3tb in hdds for years now.

why are you agreeing with him?

here is a WEBM for you with me refreshing the page to reload everything just to prove it.

Turns out, when you're a fucking retard, multiple people are willing to call you out on it.

Attached: fuck off moron.webm (618x319, 388K)

A 1440p monitor is going to be better than 512gb extra storage space.

Who?

The retard saying to buy one? I'm not.

>shows nothing except that he's hovering because he can't webm properly
HAHAHAHAHAHAA

NVME SSDs don't actually boot faster because they run off the PCIe interface which needs a moment longer to initalize. You can do it but it serves you no purpose on startup, and I'd guess that having windows on the faster NVME also doesn't make a difference in response.

Take your final (you) and leave the thread while you can.

Attached: 1471473330305.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

it does make a difference in response, especially for heavy applications like adobe shit.

If you're a normie that does literally nothing with their computer, i guess it wouldn't matter

Thanks for conceding to me faggot.

Which OS is "adobe shit" a part of you dumb fuck? Didn't come with my windows installation.

huh? the webm looks exactly how he's describing.
He refreshed the page in the first second of the WEBM, then he hovered over to show it was obviously not messed around with locally by inspecting the page in chrome or whatever.
I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to imply with this post, you just look stupid.

Are you retarded?
>M.2 NVMe SSD for boot and programs

I said boot AND PROGRAMS

Adobe would fall under PROGRAMS

do you need mental help?

>he
Oooo caught you out again didn't I fag.

Whats the difference between 16gb of ram and 32gb of ram and does it make any difference?

>imagine being this paranoid

Attached: 2019-03-14 13_14_57.png (440x90, 4K)

Nothing unless you are doing something that specifically requires a lot of RAM. And if you were, you'd know.

>editing this much
>actually making a webm that doesn't show shit
>being this mad
I love it.

If you think the WebM doesn't show anything then do yourself a favor.

Edit the (you) next to this post to remove it.
THEN refresh the page
Is the (you) back? Congrats, now you know why you look like a retard here.

HAHAHAHAHA!
Damn fag you mad as hell? first time on the board lil fagboy?

>i'm just pretending to be retarded in order to troll you guys, how mad are you!? LELELELEL

You must pretend to be retarded a lot, you've gotten good at it.

Or maybe, you're actually just a retard and can't even realize it.

It's like arguing with conservatives, it doesn't matter if you're right, even if you prove you're right, just by replying he "wins" because he never planned on being right to begin with.

Nah fag. Your webm doesn't show shit. And it's only you that's replying. Which is funny to me. You jewish? You sound like this is the first time you've been caught out and called out as a huge fucking liar. Jew.

but arent the 6gb vram going to fuck me in 1440p?

Do you see the dotted orange and solid orange lines on the left-hand side of each post?

Those denote replies TO me, and replies FROM me.

The post you're claiming is me, is NOT one of those.

This is not something I can edit particularly easily since it's burried in 4chanx/oneechan.

If you still want to insist that's me, go right ahead retard. I'm done arguing with a moron too stupid to realize he's been proven wrong twice.

Attached: 2019-03-14 13_25_39.png (1110x601, 59K)

Yup, but fuck SSDs

>the jew attempts to continue to lie by html fiddling
AHAHAHAH come on son. Listen. I know it's in your nature, your blood to lie. Because you're a coward and cowards can't face up to people. It's alright. Just some people are cowards and you are too.

Wont even fuck you in 4k.

Attached: Screenshot_20190313-225843_YouTube.jpg (2960x1440, 679K)

Nigga, you can't even edit that shit in HTML like that, at least I have no idea how to, it's FAR more complicated than just deleting a (you).

Also, jewish? You nazis really need to calm down with that shit, jews make up a tiny part of the population yet somehow anyone you disagree with is suddenly so jewish you'd think they were a majority religion.

>I don't know how to goyim trust me
Why are you jews such prolific liars? Why can't you just be honest for once and not be a coward? I'm honestly interested in what it is at the genetic level that makes you a weak person.

>shitting up the thread arguing about who's the bigger retard
>don't realize they're both equally retarded

take a room retards

If you know how to do it, show me.

Here is the code for the post box, go ahead and show me there where I would delete the orange line next to the post. I'll wait.

Attached: 2019-03-14 13_35_22.png (479x223, 13K)

Equally retarded? Ehhhh, I think one is for sure leaning more retarded than the other. Both retarded for sure though.

>Huuuurrr I dunno!
>IM JUST PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED user
No but seriously. Why are you a coward? Do you sweat when you think about confrontation? Why do you lie to people? Is it because you're weak. Yeah... Yeah I think it's because you're a weakling now that I'm talking to you.

Attached: 1479959674507.jpg (840x840, 35K)

No. There is basically no game you wont get at least 60fps at 1440p with a 1660.

Best HDD manufacturer for longevity?

Why did you continue to argue with him? Are you stupid?

(OP)
OP revision
1080p
>RX 570 8GB for value with good performance
>GTX 1660 is standard
>RTX 2060 for very high framerates if you have a CPU and monitor to match
Basically yes. I'll be updating the OP as written above. Seems a little awkward so I might revamp the format

Is the 1660 out yet?

Yes, it's definitely on US newegg for 225

Jews gonna be cowardly wimps who can't take being called liars. Just like you kid.

So what 1440p monitor can i get without getting jewed out? i suppose 75hz is okay?

HGST or Hitachi. But mostly, if a HDD is going to fail, it fails early or years later

No youtube.com/watch?v=pfnzHA3-MhM

I agree (as OP, full disclosure), because it's often helpful to have two physical drives instead of a single physical or multiple logical

I have my PC connected to my computer and television. I would like to be able to sit on my couch and use headphones with televisions. What kind of equipment would let me broadcast audio from my pc to a receiver that I mount on my couch that I can plug headphone into?

samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc27hg70qqnxza/
or
youtube.com/watch?v=R2WP5nLFMk8

nothing affordable with the latency you want.

>samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/27--chg70-gaming-monitor-with-quantum-dot-lc27hg70qqnxza/
>800 bucks in my country
wew lad
>also yes my country is a shithole

RX580 for 180 euros
or 1660 for 235.

Or should I just stretch my budget and get a 1660ti? Gaming at 2560x1080.

1660ti would behoove you.

2560x1080 is ~30% more pixels than 1080.

>HGST or Hitachi. But mostly, if a HDD is going to fail, it fails early or years later
TY

Sapphire Vega 56 for €320 or MSI 1660Ti for €315?

here's what I would do
pcpartpicker.com/list/Qmz6WD

1660ti, no question.

Isn't the rx 580 still worth it just for the two free games that come with it?

I'm planning on building a computer for gaming, I mostly play paradox games such as EU4, CK2 etc. It's something I have only recently started researching, so if you are going to reply calling me a faggot and telling me how shit this plan is at least give some feedback on what I should do better.

Attached: Screenshot_20190314-182729~2.png (2109x995, 218K)

I have a similar build but upgraded to an Xeon W3690 for £42 recently, now it flys.

forgot to take off wifi card. the mobo has wifi

>going incel

get a gigabyte ud or elite based on your budget. maybe get a ud board and replace 1060 with 1660ti? don't know euro prices

Hello /pcbg/, pastabro here.
pcpartpicker.com/list/2LTw4q
This is want I wanna build, but, and I'm already hearing boos, I still didn't pick a monitor.
I wanted a decent one, 1080p with 144hz. I looked at MSI Optix MAG241C, but maybe you have better suggestions in mind.

*gigabyte ud or elite mobo

Uhhhh uh can get better NEW with an RX570 for around $650, as linked in the last thread. The Thermaltake G3 build.

That seems worth maybe $450. The SSD and GPU are worth pretty much nothing.

Why not just buy a used GPU and buy the rest new? That'd probably come out to $500-$550.

1060 has been terrible value for over a year and not worth buying.
1060 never should have been in the OP if it was except for people in SEA and shit with loony prices.
1660Ti and 1660 are better.

1660 tends to be slightly above or below the RX590. Depends whether you want the games or not.

>arent the 6gb vram going to fuck me in 1440p?
Yes.

People telling you otherwise are the same shill faggots who said 3Gb was enough for 1080p 3 years ago when that garbage doesn't even get 20fps 1% minimums in some cases.

There's already a few games which want more than 6Gb at 1440p now. And there will be even more over the next console generation.
They're trying to trick you into having to upgrade your GPU in another year or two and hoping you're dumb enough to buy another planned obsolescence Nvidia GPU like that yet again.

2 SSD are fine.

NVMe for a scratch disk, or to use with StoreMi to increase the speed and longevity of your large SSD.

user has Ryzen so can use StoreMi after all.

Don't get ultrashort. It's trash.

Attached: muh bias.jpg (960x564, 53K)