Tech internship

Just watched a video about how it is to work at AirBnB... I really envy you devs after seeing this youtu.be/7gsvwqO8czs

If it's like that I have made the wrong decision to go into law... Should I become a coder, I ask myself. So much freedom at the workplace.

What was your tech internship / coder job experience like and does it resemble the video?

Attached: days.jpg (953x770, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8HNJbHtTLdM
youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgPX6ZVgk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this lifestyle is only possible if you're a diversity hire woman at a junior level like the girl in the video, the average software dev work is nothing like what a hot intern does

Are you a 8/10 eye candy thot? I think not

>sleep til 9
>sit around for hours
>"work" for a bit
>party the rest of the day
As an intern, aren't you supposed to get work experience?

>but for my boyfriend

stopped watching there

What's with these prostitutes going "look at me, I'm a thot AND a programmer". You're not unique, fuck off with that shit. There are already thousands of STEM thots uploading these fucking videos. We get your point, you're "hot and smart" and that's the only thing you want to convey. Now fuck off you stupid attention addicted cunt.

Attached: 1531340716036.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

nah most interns don't do shit. the whole point is to pad your resume and then make connections to get a real job since 90% of job offers are through nepotism

once you get on the golden resume track it's almost impossible to screw up too, especially if you're a girl since every company is desperate to have more women

>10am code lol

What did she mean by this?

Attached: clol.jpg (618x346, 28K)

there are so many desperate men in STEM that the attention they receive is basically celebrity status just for existing in the company. doubly so when they actually look good since most real STEM women are 2-4/10.

it means everybody knows that as a diversity hire intern she's not there to do any real work and the work itself is a punchline. the point of the video is to shoe off how great her life I'd it has nothing to do with her actual work.

Hooly shit in the first five seconds she cakes herself in thot makeup and makes herself look 600% worse

Pretty chill atmosphere, no dress code, no set hours yet I still get paid for overtime (as in time outside mon-fri 9-7), free coffee, pizza day on Thursday, choice of hardware paid for the company.

I see you haven't lived with a girl before. she's already caked in makeup before she puts another layer on. she went from "natural" makeup to "night out" makeup, probably because she knows there's an intern dance event at the end of the day.

Nope. Long hours, very steep learning curve and constant fear of being fired then being unemployable. Pay was shit too.

It gets better, but that can be said for any profession.

Development is great if you work for a tech related company that's doing well, it's awful when you are trying to play the startup game or you are working for a company that doesn't care about tech but still needs it.

At least being a lawyer or accountant, it's not too hard to start your own business or to get into consultancy as you move into more senior roles.

>Pay was shit too
most of what you said rings true but this just sounds like you fucked up

You gonna jump before that's all gutted, right?

I went from intern to part time to full time because I didn't have enough experience to compete with the hordes of Indians, career change people and whatever else.

Most people aren't going to jump into Google or Facebook after graduation earning six figures, I hate to break it to you.

>yeah.. HR??
>I'd like a Lenovo x230
>Make sure you go on ebay and buy a recycled one in that's in good shape
How much, sir user?
>aboooout $80

later that day...
>user I brought you into my office today because Stacy in HR told me you wanted a $80 laptop?
>You realize we'll buy you a macbook pro, right?

Attached: 1526955525929s.jpg (125x107, 2K)

most people suck, I hate to break it to you

just tell em to get you an x1 carbon (5th gen)

>some kind of asian
>diversity hire
idk about that

>once you get on the golden resume track it's almost impossible to screw up
Good point user, this is probably also true for any field. I'm a financefag and after getting through a shitty unpaid internship with a financial advisor, I got a big break and interned at Dow Jones for a summer.
Ever since then I've been getting interviews at every investment bank I've applied to and it's honestly a nice change of pace from getting tons of rejections just from submitting my resume.

She's a diversity hire since she's a girl, but not because she's Asian.

>female
there's your diversity. ofc if it was an asian male he would be working from 9-7 like a regular employee instead of slacking off and looking pretty.

And next to impossible if you're attractive, like crazy hard. It also gives you a speedy fast track to work. You will have to be a massive mega bitch and truly horrible bad at your work to not recieve these benefits and you have to be criminally incompetent to the point of crashing and burning the place to even start seeing negative consequences.

still waiting on my big break over here. almost got in goldman sachs but I got blueballed at the last interview. fuck me.

Internships can be like that if there your mentors cant be fucked to hassle with you. I was assigned a mentor to shadow me once. I basically just told them to play on their phone for 3 months because I didn't feel like teaching them anything.

Are you in finance or CS? Also what year are you in?
I got an on site interview with Barclay's back in October and they told me I got the job two days later.
I'm sure you'll be fine though user. I wish you good luck.

These types of videos are just viral marketing. Companies are trying to recruit people.

Based and douglasreynholmpilled

I hope you have a 4.0 GPA from a good school with scholarships and internships with name brand companies, otherwise you are going to be eating the same shit sandwich I ate to get in- if you are lucky.

Otherwise you'll be riding help desk and begging for a programming job at 25.

Keeeeek
I had a similar experience except my mentee never asked questions and I just taught her the basics.

its the same everywhere. internships where you actually do something real are the exception. internships basically exist to gatekeep talent so hiring managers know who to look at and because nobody wants to hire somebody with absolutely no working experience.

I had an M.S., 4.0 in-major GPA, and 2 first-author publications, but no internship experience. I ended up having to work a shitty "configuration manager" job for 3 years before getting a software engineering position. "Configuration manager" btw means my job was to make sure everyone has the right version of java and .net installed, and basically nothing else.

>no internship experience
then you're retarded. the point of good grades is to get an internship. of course you got dunked on when you had no job experience. companies don't care about your grades or publications except when they're hiring interns. new grad jobs are only for people with internships so your grades don't matter there either. also
>MS
meme degree. everybody has one these days. barely different from undergrad. one summer internship is worth more.

Is their company really big enough to warrant an internal trade magazine?

lots of big tech companies have shit like that. they also have shit like an employee store. my company has a store with things like skateboards, umbrellas, sewing machines, with our company logo on it. they have so much money per employee that all kinds of dumb shit gets greenlighted. also it gives something for the diversity hires to work on.

It actually trends towards a cult-like following I find. Luckily some of the bigger ones have been shying away from it due to social stigma (Microsoft, Google, Apple have really let loose on the cult thing in the past two years or so). Meanwhile, smaller unicorns still rely on a ravenous few to keep the product afloat.

>8/10

Attached: 1526330234104.png (525x404, 287K)

The funny thing is, the CEO of the company has a used Dell he bought from the exact same guy I bought my used T450. We also use my X230 as a test machine, and we have a drawer with a bunch of X230 owned by BHP Billiton for testing our code. Stop meeming so hard you retard.

>Microsoft, Google, Apple have really let loose on the cult thing
dude I was offered an interview at google coming from my comfy fintech job. the guy on the phone pitching it to me couldn't even understand that I wouldn't be interested.
he was like yea you're gonna get to work with the smartest people in the world finally and laughed to himself. meanwhile 50% of my company has a phd. I mean don't get me wrong I would have taken a job there in a second if I didn't already have something with comparable pay. but they're creepy now man. fuck that.

wtf it's like college

its an internship. it's an extension of college.

The smartest people in the world aren't at your company though. The guy was right. Google's top engineers are absolutely better than your top engineers.

Yeah, a video wouldn't lie to me at all.

the smartest people are running their own companies or fleecing everybody at a trading shop or hedge fund

how did you find this video OP? is this a shill?

But you are not Going to work with google's TOP lads though.

youtube.com/watch?v=8HNJbHtTLdM

I don't think I've seen a single one of these videos where the vlogger actually does any work for more than 2-4 hours. What do they actually do?

T h I c c

>What was your tech internship
It was fucking shit and no but at least they had a coffee machine

I found it as YouTube recommendAtion

not gonna lie this shit makes me understand why guys go trans. I wish I had the opportunity to live life on easy mode.

What job are you in where you actually work for more than 2-4hrs? I'm a systems engineer at an energy company, and most days I have done with my daily tasks in under 2hrs. Then add another hour for a meeting. I browse Jow Forums the rest of the time. Its very rare that I actually have 8 hours worth of work

I work all day in software development. Write code, write tests, go to meetings occasionally
Not him but Ya but the average googler is overrated
Just go to a small but decent school, at least be respectful to the professor and try and they will more than likely hook u up with great internships, just ask and if they say no ask what do u need to do. This works easy even if u dont have perfect grades

>tfw went to huge school
it was highly ranked but every class was big. office hours had a swam of people trying to get the teachers attention and the result was that even though I tried to connect with my profs I graduated with none of them getting to know me at all.

So many salty virgins in this thread. It's hilarious.

They should have alumni networks u can use if its a big school id imagine

I had sex like 15 mins ago and I'm pissed with this thread douchedick

Attached: 1023470.jpg (886x540, 44K)

Pretty much, the basis for this thread is basically:

Girl = Bad

So that was also a factor, virgin.

Wtf, I love diversity now!

oh my god she eats bananas that's a cute girlilla

The reality is that those who have a life-life balance like that, don't even know what work-life balance means. There are also the serious types that have a work-work balance just in order to get shit flying that the average "i took a 2 day java course and im a pro now" wouldn't accomplish, because they want to succeed and accomplish something, other than just the image of "look at my i work in IT im so smart". The majority of newage developers are unethical, uneducated and lazy (not even in a good way). The code base sucks, the infrastructure is shit, the security is a joke and everything's just patched up to the point where you have leaks and hacks, that affect billions of people but nobody in the workforce ever cares about the moral implications of their half-arsed pseudo shit.

AirBnB as well as Amazon, Google and the rest are shitty companies. They'll leech you dry until you are burned out, under the false pretense of giving you benefits, while binding you to the company. What's that you like eating outside? Here is a cafeteria, spend less time walking, more talking about work only with your coworkers. What's that you want to go to the gym? Here's a gym, just stay here longer so you get this shit done. What's that you want beanbags, snacks, drinks, etc, please sign this paper here to sell us your soul.

The majority of companies are toxic as fuck. Not only because of the moral policing because of the diversity bullshit that's being propagated thanks to the lefty fucks within the newage tech corps, but because of the terrible and over demanding work-work balance for silly products that have no benefit other than you, the consumer, being able to have your ass scratched without actually using your own hand. Big tech is a fucking joke.

If you don't perform 100% 100% of the time, you are out. That's how the actual life in a tech corp looks like. Regardless of the few cool folks you come across

all of the guys are looking at her like they wanna bang lol

god imagine being a girl and actually being desired by everybody

>thiccness

Attached: 1551635835406.jpg (400x400, 19K)

You should always be nice to women and pretend they are doing a good job.

Its how you keep them dependent on men.

Honestly what bothers me the most about this is how much time is wasted. These silicon valley day in the life vlogs are nothing but socializing, eating, and walking. Imagine choosing between taking a 200k salary for that life and starting your own company and working your ass off from 7am to midnight for a fraction of the pay.

Still, how can someone be so addicted to attention. God, the government should force these whores into sexual slavery. Society would be much better, mass shootings and rape incidences would decrease.

based 900 IQ incel

Yeah i am interning at a top quant firm this summer and it's basically just a really long interview. You don't actually touch real money for the entire duration of the internship.

I swear to god my gf is the only woman who doesn't wear makeup in this day and age. I appreciate the fuck out of it, cute a f but doesn't look like a thot

Literally none of my female friends wear makeup daily. Is that just a college thing?

90-95% of women wear makeup daily, but many have minimal makeup applications that aren't supposed to look like they're wearing it which is probably what your women friends are doing unless they're asian

if you saw them truly without makeup you'd probably be surprised how different they look, especially their eyes

Honestly this bro.
A thin layer of foundation and eyeliner makes it look like they have perfect skin but no makeup, but thats unrealistic for 99% of humans, but doesnt look cakey so it passes by without notice.

Check her instagram

>Funenmployed

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgPX6ZVgk
if this shit is a future cs graduate, I'll switch to farming.

No I really mean it, none of them appear to have perfect skin or anything and they all wear t shirts and loose jeans. My sample might be biased cause my friends are all nerdy STEM majors but still

Definitely biased sample then. Go for a walk in the mall and take a look around, or anywhere else public really

the truth is they probably still do wear makeup

Does this mean YouTube thot dosh?

I mean to be fair by the time my morning meetings are over and I can actually do some work it's almost 10.

These kinds of vlogs will probably unironically make more women consider computer science than any of the meme programs designed to get them interested in the major

then they get a real job writing production code and all of them will quit afterwards.

Not really, she should do some work.
There are some men who make the same videos.
For example that Jarvis Johnson guy, and now he quit programming for YouTube, shows how serious those people are about tech.

they all be diversity hires and have men pick up their slack

based thot, keep the good code flowing.

By code I mean cum

I wouldn't know because I am unemployed like everyone else on Jow Forums.

>thot lenses
>tranny make up job
>Ice cream cakes
>head phone dance party

Wtf am I watching

Attached: MV5BNDIwN2Q0ZjgtZjExNC00ZWJiLWIyNDQtYWM4YzhjNTA5NzcxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE3MjYwMTc@._V1_.jpg (1280x960, 1.02M)

>>tranny make up job
INCEL DETECTED

I didn't know Yoko Ono still did this shit.

>implying she didn't go way past what she should have and doesn't look like a thailand ladyboy.

Attached: 1550535496947.png (1280x720, 783K)

>that pallid onions creature in the middle
mega yikes

she has cute braces

Attached: thot.png (1137x610, 722K)

Based amazon putting an end to this nonsense

Attached: Screenshot_Kiwi_Browser_20190314-174333~2.png (1078x1257, 188K)

do they ever fucking show what they're actually working on, at least what IDE they use?

amazon has a "just fucking pay more" policy. highest wages and few perks.

too bad the culture there is so toxic or they'd be based.

Sounds like a good way to get fired for releasing proprietary code.

>like everyone else on Jow Forums
hot projection