My bunny ate clean through the cable of my mouse...

My bunny ate clean through the cable of my mouse. I tried to fix it by connecting the wires again and isolating them form eachother. Now the problem is with the little plastic I had to cut away. I'm not sure if it's just a weight or a essential component that will keep my house for burning down. Anyone know how this will go if I plug it in?

Attached: IMG_20190314_201744.jpg (2976x3968, 2.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us/watch?v=YLx5WO4Ccx4
youtube.com/watch?v=S1FHrE1Zy1g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got inpatient and plugged it in. Everything is working so far and I can't smell burning tape yet

What you cut off is a ferrite choke / "clamp-on ferrite core". It suppresses EM interference. It's a passive component, you are likely completely fine w/o it. Worst case scenario nearby devices giving off RF (i.e: your cellphone) might interfere w/ the signal of your mouse on occasion. My only recommendations would be (1) if you have an iron solder the wires back together and wrap them w/ actual electrical tape, (2) put some heat shrink around the splice to bundle everything together, (4) buy another clamp-on core from aliexpress if you can be arsed.

Also thank you for repairing your device instead of throwing it in the trash like a consumer whore. You did good user.

post rabbit

Based rabbit clickable GUIs are for brainlets

This

If you have a bunny you might want to consider wireless mouse and keyboard

or how about NOT LET THE BUNNY RUN AMOK UNATTENDED

Is it named Glenda? How will you use plan9*?

invidio.us/watch?v=YLx5WO4Ccx4

thats a ferrite core, its basically a rock that the wire goes through. it prevents electrical interference. You should be fine without it

Thank you mate, good to know my invention of desperation and financial distress won't end my life. Most of my family grew up in communism, so I didn't wanna dishonour our last name by throwing something away

This is the disgraceful creature who destroyed my lovely mouse cable

Attached: IMG_20190223_135741.jpg (3968x2976, 2.45M)

POST BUN!

Cute demon bro

Cute! What’s it’s name?

gt af. Post moar.

CUTE

i want to fug a bunny

Attached: 1549701419437.png (792x1044, 534K)

She's called Valkia, after Valkia the bloody form Warhammer

You have a very interesting sexual orientation. Where I come form you wouldn't live long with that kind of interests

Attached: IMG_20190223_134621.jpg (2976x3968, 2.07M)

looks like a cute rat

Oh my god it's so cute. How old is she? My old rabbit kept chewing though phone cables, we went though like 5 phones over the time we had him.

She was 9 weeks when we took those pictures. She's about 11 now, she's a destructive little fluf

Attached: IMG_20190223_134839.jpg (3968x2976, 2.13M)

You might have to take care of the bunny if you don't want it to accidentally bite a live cable and get itself fried

Yeah they can be, I was always surprised how powerful their teeth can be.

I just put salsa sauce on all the cables she can reach. She's still young so I hope I can learn her to associate cables with a bad taste

Rabbit rescue worker here. When you hold your bun, make sure to firmly grasp the butt. If your rabbit gets spooked and you don't react quickly they can break their own backs. All the power is in the ass.

Also, good on your for not getting a lop. Everyone thinks they are cute, but they aren't. They are the fucking pugs of the rabbit world. So many health and personality issues, plus you miss out on all the wonderful body language that is communicated with the ears.

AMA about rabbit care or rabbitproofing

Salsa is a terrible idea. Rabbits won't hate the taste of tomato, but it's toxic to them. Also, they may not be able to detect spice at all. You have to actually remove the cables from the rabbits reach, either by putting them firmly behind heavy furniture or elevating them with tape or hooks. Rabbits gonna chomp.

Blessed user posting bun. Thanks for the good feels before I have to go to class.
Also like other user said, good on you for trying to repair something before pitching it.

Attached: 1530969212491-a.jpg (685x700, 124K)

I had a bunny once, they are smelly, retarded and loved to piss everywhere. Thanks God it died.

how do I choose a bun?

Have a good day mate

Thanks for the heads up. I'm used to having dogs so I honestly have no idea what to do with the thing

Very good to know, wouldn't want the bunny killing itself. Anything you can tell about body language or psychologi of bunnies?

cute rabbi

So you're going to eat it for its insolence, right?

Attached: 1547393125131.gif (340x388, 2.98M)

If you ever get issues you can easily buy another ferrite choke that clips to/wraps the cable. Also I hope you soldered those cables together or you might have connection issues in the long run.

I have thought about slaughtering it with every brave cable who is lost to the beast. but my girlfriend loves the shit out of that thing and that's honestly the only reason she's still here

Yeah I'm gonna fix the cables with plastic shrink sockets (no idea who to call them in English). This was just a quickly improvised solution

rabbits are food, not pets. they taste pretty good, too.

Guinea Pigs > Rabbits

youtube.com/watch?v=S1FHrE1Zy1g

Attached: Guinea_Pig_Witch_Costume.jpg (2482x2040, 1.67M)

What a cute motherfucker

Don't forget to make gloves or something from the pelt too. Waste not want not.

Good rabbit, cool thread
imb4 rabbits are not technology

i let my dog chew threw a cheap power cable that was charging my phone.
after one zap she never did it again

Alles lekker pik?

couldn't you get a $1 dupoint to usb 2 cable on aliexpress and replace the internal cable, and then just get a usb cable extender for like $3 to make it as long
i might be retarded though don't listen to me

Attached: IMG_2269.jpg (2000x1500, 223K)

The clips on that choke are exposed so he could probably just unclip it and clip it back on to the cable.

op don't do this it will create mustard gas

>My bunny ate clean through the cable of my mouse.
cute uwu