NVIDIA GTX 1660 Review

>$220
>faster than RX 590
>extremely power efficient

techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_1660_XC_Ultra/

guru3d.com/articles-pages/palit-geforce-gtx-1660-stormx-oc-review,1.html

anandtech.com/show/14071/nvidia-gtx-1660-review-feat-evga-xc-gaming

Attached: relative-performance_2560-1440 (1).png (500x850, 50K)

meh

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: performance-per-watt_1920-1080.png (500x810, 44K)

>slower than non-ti 1070
>6gb
thx, but no thx.

>$350

>spending any amount of money on hardware slower and less capable than what you currently have
>call it a cheap upgrade
hi jensen, as i said, you can keep it all for yourself, i do not want one.

Why don't you fuck off faggot? It's not for a faggot like you, there's many users out there that can benefit from a GTX 1660 upgrade

Guess your cunt whore bitch mother didn't teach you not to interrupt when the adults are talking

>t. pajeet contracted to do online advertisement
you are doing it wrong, jsuk.
i'm sure many of your kind could use an "upgrade" gpu like that, but non-poor people already have something better than that.

Not him but you are autistic

Attached: performance-per-dollar_2560-1440 (2).png (500x850, 50K)

I've been using it since launch though
Stay poor

>Most efficient AMD card is 64%
>It's already on fucking 7nm
>All cards on the same process node barely crack 50% at best

Absolutely JUST'D

>if you don't buy a gpu less powerful than what you currently have you have mental illness
non poor people already have a better gpu than that one, and for quite some time now.

I feel so bad for AMD

>everybody play at 4k144hz
>I love overpriced gpu because im a cuck

>muh power efficiency
now do same for price/performance and see what happens

>$220
Lol where the MSRP for basic bitch models is $280 and the good stuff sells for $320

disregard this post I suck cocks
Saw 1660 thought 1660Ti

No but anyone building a new setup right now should target 1440p/144hz because it is the future like 1080p was in 2006. So the only reason to have a PC that can't do that is because you don't have the money.

The 1060 was as good as a 980.
The 1660 is worse than a 1070 and nowhere near a 1080.

You get fucked and gladly ask daddy Nvidia to go harder.

So that's why I've been seeing the V56 go on sale recently. Should I pull the trigger or wait™ for navi?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-14-17-03-20(1).jpg (720x1126, 227K)

Looks like a good upgrade from my gtx960ti (yes it’s an oem only card)

Adding to this: how does the rebate thing work? Do I get cash money mailed to me or a gift card? Does it really take months?

1440p at high refresh rate is not going to be the future - 4k at high refresh rate is the future. Playing at 4k 120fps is pretty goddamn awesome and can be done on the likes of the 2080, VII, 2080ti in many titles.

reference V56 is trash

Every single amd offering gets btfo except the 570, which will soon he btfo by the 1650ti

Never buy reference baby vega unless you plan to slap a morpheus or waterblock on it.

*at reduced settings or in very well optimized older titles

What if I undervolt it and replace the stock tim with IC diamond?

I still wouldn't go there personally. But its your money and time.

>he's not waiting until the consoles drop to upgrade

Wew

I'm conflicted desu. 1660ti seems like a better deal but
>6GB vRAM

Why did nvidia have to go and be a nigger? I would have gladly bought an 8GB 1660ti.

fuck consoles, get that DRM garbage out of here

>*at reduced settings or in very well optimized older titles
So?

it takes fucking 8-12 weeks

>totally missing the point

You buy high end on console drop years.

I dunno, I want muh vidya nao.

You can't fix the reference model. There have been amazing deals on the Sapphire Pulse here in the UK though, which is a great card.

Probably gonna try anyway. Don't most undervolts drop power consumption under 200W? I know buttcoin miners managed to get around 100W power consumption on it but clocks tanked close to 1,000 MHz or lower.

Undervolting doesn't solve the fact you are pushing 200w TDP through a cooler only really meant to handle just over 100w.

People are never happy...this card is cheap, it rape the RX590 and is perfect for 1080p.

>t. shit for brains

Attached: Radeon-RX-Vega-56-Efficiency.png (1016x622, 32K)

>6gb

It is like they love to sell gimped stuff.

TDP IS NOT POWER DRAW user - the reference cooler being a piece of shit and unable to handle the TDP of V56 is a completely different issue to what your chart is related to.

Let me say it again, TDP IS NOT POWER DRAW.

This, I can't fucking wait for NVidia to move to 7nm. It will be absolute rapefest.

It IS you fucking imbecile, it's the average stock power draw at least for AMD products. The same power that goes into a GPU is the same that is dissipated as heat.

It doesn't really help AMD's image that they release a faulty product. Because that's what it effectively is if it's released with such simply damaging default settings.

>It IS you fucking imbecile
No, its not. TDP and power draw sure are related but it is not a 1:1 correlation. A nice and simple example is bulldozer vs basically anytthing Intel. Intel's TDP was lower because their silicon could run much hotter - bulldozer did NOT like going above 65c. So to ensure the chips (particularly the centurion ones) didn';t die ttheir TDP was sky high.

In simplistic terms the hotter a chip is allowed to run the lower the TDP is precisely because you need to mvoel ess heat away from the die. The V56 reference cooler is shit and cannot reliably handle the chip if you want it to maintain P7 for extended periods due to how vega's dynamic clocking is tuned.

It's not that simple desu. AMD bet game companies would heavily optimize for shader heavy compute perf (see rtx vs vega fp32). Not only were they wrong but AA especially MSAA/FXAA on vega ROPs is less efficient than those on RTX cards especially anything above 2X.

Attached: radeon_VII.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

M8 at least on vega 56 it's a 1:1 correlation, stock cooler is shit because like you said it was designed to remove a little over 100W effectively would going full jer engine mode. UV'ing helps especially since you can lock P7 clocks if temps don't exceed 80C.

who is this marketed to?
1050ti users?

Nvidia are primarily comparing it to the 960 in their marketing material.

>blower card

On wallets sure

he's just saying amd shipped all their cards with voltage up through the nose for that little percentage of shit chips.

see
Though being brutally honest you can't ever know how far down you can crank the voltage before clocks start tanking. Could be 950mV lottery or maybe have to lower turbo clocks to UV at all.

The cooler is still garbage. That card is only worth it if you're planning on doing water cooling or slapping a Morpheus on there.

Name me one game who is unplayable with 6GB at 1080p