I recently bought a 1050ti with the intention of building around it, but im far too stupid to do so...

i recently bought a 1050ti with the intention of building around it, but im far too stupid to do so, is there a stock computer that i can buy that would support this card and run games? i have a budget of 350 (pic unrelated)

Attached: Help me please.jpg (1200x800, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/123679872409
ebay.com/itm/153380429957
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2500-vs-Intel-Xeon-E3-1225-V2/m517vsm5015
pcpartpicker.com/list/TJqdhy
pcpartpicker.com/list/d9Bv9J
ebay.com/itm/183569847601
pcpartpicker.com/list/3nK7NQ
youtu.be/qBmElSVy4U8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAJ26V69427
pcpartpicker.com/list/KPF4LJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/yvBTkd
pcpartpicker.com/product/LHYWGX/intel-core-i5-8400-28ghz-6-core-processor-bx80684i58400
youtube.com/watch?v=aQraN5C3kkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dell Optiplex 980 DT

this

>Dell Optiplex 980 DT
will it have good quality tho?

and will a full size card fit in it?

>(pic unrelated)
i disagree

this desu, using an optiplex 990 with a 1050 ti right now, just make sure you get a better power supply

Those aren't tendies. they're just extra crispy.

tendies is a state of mind

>1050ti
Yes you are too stupid.

sorry i didnt have 300$ for a really good card, fuck off

1050ti is a piece of shit even at its intended price range

so what would you have done in my position? i know fuck all about pcs, hence the thread.

im honestly just trying to get a pc good enough to start streaming gameplay for newish games

This. Just make sure its the fatter one, not the slim one.

Not him but I would save up for a better PC not blow it all on a shit card

>I'm gonna be a streamer

Yikes

>would you have done in my position?

bought a ps4 pro

they all look fat tho lmao, link?

aye cmon, no need to judge what i plan on doing when i'm not working, everyone needs a hobby

as long as it looks fat like this

also, its a perfectly fine card you bought. The people calling it shit just don't want to have to admit that they wasted their money on something so frivolous.

Attached: 54275t450.jpg (450x360, 16K)

ryzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>but im far too stupid
you bought a 1050ti, that was implied.
Step 1) find someone else as stupid as you and sell that shit.
Step 2) get an rx570, will cost you the same if not less and perform way better.
Step 3) Any ATX used prebuilt with at least a 3rd gen intel core i5 will do.

Buy full tower thinkcentre m91p with i7-2600 and 8gb ram, throw in SSD, and you have a perfectly balanced mid range gaming pc

Buying the 1050ti was a big mistake, you would have been better off spending the equivalent on an AMD card. They beat out the competition at this price range.
Anyway I guess go for the best CPU you can afford.. I went Intel and regret it since spectre shitted up my performance (yes I was one of those people that straight up saw the performance hit, call me a shill or whatever but I literally noticed something was up before I heard about it).

Wait people actually go nvidia for budget? Fucking why??

i didnt realize i could get more bang for my buck, new to pc in general my son. no need to chastise me

Ignore everyone in this thread.

Go ebay. Look up "Xeon v2 GB" on there(without the quotes). There should be quite a dozen or so under $200.

>ebay.com/itm/123679872409

This one looks interesting if you don't care about the missing case panel. Just put in your own ssd/HDD/GPU then plug the power cord in.

$100 + ~$60 shipping converted to USD.

Or slightly weaker but cheaper $125, if you need more threads/cores, the CPUs are cheap on ebay.

>ebay.com/itm/153380429957

Relevant gpus:
RX 570 4GB ~120-150$
1660ti/ used 1070/vega 56 ~280-300$
Anything more expensive is already meme tracing card territory (or used pascal), but you're probably too poor for that and these gpus are hardly worth it anyway (as long as you value your money).

When it comes to cpu's there are basically 3 options:
used and old (cheapest): Old xeon like an x5650 with x58 1366 mobo can be found for

is the xeon better than an i5?

my son you may as well be speaking to me in japanese

Depends on the i5. Obviously.
Use this site for rough comparisons:cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2500-vs-Intel-Xeon-E3-1225-V2/m517vsm5015

Which part don't you understand? It's basically all normal sentences or product names (and prices).

i have a tb hdd tho from my shit desktop

With same core/thread/clock, its same. However the advantage with Xeon is you can easily go much higher core/thread and get them cheaper than i5 variants.

The $125 one linked has 4cores. Its basically Ivy Bridge i5 equivalent. You can spend bit more research into the ebay and get 4c8t or 6c12thread or 8c16thread, in the same socket.

this jargen refering to parts and preformance

ffffuuucckkkkkk I want tendies

not op but if you did have a 1050ti and $350 lying around how bad of an idea would trying to shit out a 200GE poverty build be?

what the actual fuck does this even mean tho

Dude for 600$ you can already get a low midrange pc with a 570 and an r5 2600. No need for poverty builds nowadays.

It means buying the cheapest shit so he can fit a gayming pc in 350$(not couting the gpu costs obviously).

pcpartpicker.com/list/TJqdhy
i mean make a build like this with a spare 1050ti and the $60 AMD cpu

cont:
Also tendies are nuggets for good boys.

i know but i'm asking because i have a spare 1050ti in my room

pcpartpicker.com/list/d9Bv9J

Ryzen 1700 brah.

Yikes.
For 80 bucks more you can get a r5 2600.
For 20$ more you can get 2666Mhz dual channel ram (worth it).
For 10$ more you can get a 480GB SSD

110$ dollars more and a much better pc. These upgrades are worth it.

Don't be a poorfag. Spend as much as it makes sense, rather 50 bucks for something decent that 40 bucks for a piece of trash.

my son but with my current bills, its just not in the budget, i'm just trying to make this poor purchase of a gpu i spent 200 on a little less retardedby making it usable, ya know.

$14 cheaper 1700 on ebay right now.

>ebay.com/itm/183569847601

you unironically just listed my real build that i'm taking the 1050ti out of tbdesu
i just really want to use a 200GE for something because it's kawaii

FFS, where is:
DUAL CHANNEL
SSD
A 6 core is also more than sufficient.

Let me get this straight your pretty much broke af but still bought a 1050ti?

This is a decent build, cpu can be replaced with 1700/2600 if you have the cash:
Also don't forget your TB HDD and you have enough space.

Weebs should be gassed desssssuuuuuuuuuu

inb4 bashing me yeah, again thought it was a good idea, i just need something to put it in

Dual channel and SSD are luxury. Its not needed for gaming performance.

Dual channel adds at most ~5-10% in those memory intensive games, and for those that aren't, no change.

also my brother has an hp envy that he let me borrow to put it in to use until i get my own rig

Just use the list in as a baseline and if you're still unsure go in DUAL channel is 10$ worth and only a clueless idiot would miss out on 5-25% of performance (application and configuration depended) only to save 10 bucks.
Source: youtu.be/qBmElSVy4U8

Still a shitty gpu choice (assuming that pc can utilize a 150W rx 570)

1700 on ebay is $144, so might as well pick that up.

Dumbass. The single 8 GB is worth more for the initial build due to being able to buy the same stuff for another 16 GB in dual channel later. You can buy 1 zillion bytes of SSD as well later on once you need to upgrade it.

For the core build with budget constraints in mind, single channel is the best choice.

Buying single ram stick is a absolute pleb choice. Here's a little less know fact: RAM sticks are rated in kits. That means a 2x4GB 2666Mhz kit is guaranteed to run at the advertised speeds(as long as the mobo official supports that speed) with these two sticks. The single sticks are only guaranteed to have these speeds on their own, depending on the actual quality of the dies you might have to manually increase timings or reduce the frequency if you buy a second stick later on.
Also most motherboards have 4 ram slots so you can still upgrade your ram then (even though I wouldn't recommend it, just buy the amount you need from the start).

A 240GB SSD is a far better choice for 10$ more than a shitty 500GB hdd, especially if he already has a TB HDD laying around ffs.

No single channel is absolutely not the best choice. 60 bucks for 3000Mhz dual channel memory (probably not dual rank but fuck it) is very, very good for ryzen. Not only are basically all modern computers bottlenecked by memory (even caches can't fully fix this), dual channel DOUBLES the fking bandwidth, the higher frequency also increases bandwidth further. On top of that the infinity fabric of zen cpu's is bound to the memory frequency, making high frequency ram even more valuable. Those 18$ more ram cost will be worth it. In gpu bound titles it might only be 5% he's gaining through frequency and dual channel(18/350~0,05,decent gain), in a cpu bound title it could be up to 50%(even though something like 20-30% is much more likely for cpu bound titles).

so what should i do? just hold my sheckles and get another computer?

I'm sure you'll find the 10$ to afford this pc
It's 5am here so good n8
If you're still unsure take the damn link and go into the pc building general, those faggots there aren't the smartest though.

That's actually an interesting question, if you were OP what would be your strategy for "building around" the graphics card? Is there an established right order to follow?

as the op, i would also like to know cuz im fucking retarded.

>Ryzen 3 2200G - $88
>ASRock B450M-HDV- $60
>Corsair LPX 8GB 2400MHz - $59
>Kingston 480GB M.2 SSD - $62
>Thermaltake Versa H17 case - $40
>SeaSonic S12III 500W 80+ Bronze PSU - $50
That's $360, and newegg has a rebate on the power supply right now that'd get you down to $345 total.

would this run things well?

Alternatively, for 10 bucks more you can do a G4560, but there's really no added value in doing that.

Your budget is tight as fuck, which makes it difficult, but this is probably the most modern system you can get for that little.
Similarly-priced alternatives would involve going to a dinky 2-core Pentium CPU and/or a bunch of bottom-of-the-barrel chinkshit garbage.

I should add, I built my machine around productivity, so even though my budget was $850, I only have a 1050Ti. On the rare occasion that I do play games, I've found it to perform admirably at 1080p. Granted, I have a much better CPU and better RAM, but your results should be similar.

I can't imagine being such a dumb fucking xigger. Who the fuck is stupid enough to fucking just buy a 1050ti? It's a total piece of shit.
I'm glad other people have already verballed you about this, but I need to verbal you about it again.
RX570 is better performance per dollar
RX580 is better performance per dollar
The GTX 1660 literally launched THE DAY YOU MADE THIS THREAD and is vastly superior in price/performance.
In the sub-300 market you also have used vega 56, used 1070ti, new 1660ti, etc...
All of these cards are more than double the power of a 1050ti.
If you're building a PC, why would you purchase the one thing that's going to be obsolete the fastest?
Most people don't know anything. Imagine the hundreds of thousands of people even stupider than OP who don't even know to ask someone else for advice, even if it is fucking 4chins, and there's literally a pc building general thread
If there's a product name you haven't heard of, fucking google it. Learn. Spend the one fucking day and modicum of effort to not get ripped off for hundreds of dollars. What the fuck is wrong with you?
Jargon*
Performance*
Referring*
How do you manage to fuck up 3 words in such a short sentence?
The 200GE is not worth your money unless you plan on upgrading to Ryzen 3000 as soon as it comes out in which case you'll need a much more powerful motherboard than a cheapo $350 build. For $350 you can get better shit.
If you have a 1050ti lying around you're better off unironically buying some ebay prebuilt or arrowdirect / dell outlet refurb and shoving it in.
How did you blow $200 on something you can't even use? $200 for a card that isn't worth $120? $200 for a card whose direct upgrade the 1060 3gb is $159 new, nowadays? $200 for a card that's less than half as powerful as the RX580 which is in some places selling for $164.99?
How?

Go to PC part picker, start a list with your GPU as the first part, resolve dependencies as they arise, and shut uap.

The 200GE is not kawaii. The 200GE is a waste of space. The 2200g is the weakest thing you should consider from AMD. Intel has the ultra-low budget king in the pentium silver/gold, unless you're including iGPU, but you arent using the 200GE's iGPU in this situation, you're using a 1050ti.
Dual channel makes a huge difference for Ryzen, it scales very well with faster ram especially dual channel ram.
Honestly you could've bought a 1660 and been better off, or a 1060 + power supply, or 580 + power supply.
Everything this guy said is correct.
First of all, I would never "build around" this graphics card.
Second of all, I would NEVER build around this graphics card.
So first things first, your card can barely push 1080p/60fps, so do NOT waste your money on a good monitor, don't bother with 1440p/2k/4k or 144hz or anything.
Secondly, most games are GPU-bound - that is to say, your CPU is less important here because your GPU is such a piece of shit. To clarify, it doesn't matter if you have an i9-9900k or an i5-3570, because almost every game will be held back by your graphics card instead of your processor.
Keeping this in mind, if I somehow had to put together a rig today with the most potential going forward, based around the gtx 1050ti, I would go AM4 socket, because of the possible upgrade paths, and get a cheap used ryzen r3-1200 depending on price, or 2400g because $135 for a chip that comes with a $60 game that people like OP probably want to play (And would be able to, at probably medium settings with this GPU) isn't a bad deal at all.
If i was going for "best performance for cheap" i would probably buy a used Xeon or sandy bridge / haswell i7. Not overclockable K series. Not worth the price premium. Would check ebay, would check craigslist, would look at newegg and tigerdirect every day for possible deals/refurbs/off-lease-factory-renewed/etc.
Something like this is fine too.

op please if you haven't had the card very long please return it please RMA it for your own fucking good, if you bought it new
or try to return it if you bought it used at a local store open box or whatever
or if a "Friend" sold it to you try to find a way to get them to take it back, it's such a bad buy right now, it's ridiculous, if you had that extra $200, you could make a much MUCH better build for $550...

>$200
What the fuck? I bought a 1050Ti right in the middle of the crypto craze and still got one for $140 new. That's an insanely horrible deal.

What are you trying to run? Games? What games? What resolution? What settings?
You said you're trying to stream? What software are you using to stream? Did you know the GTX 1660 and 1660ti literally have cores on the die specifically for use with OBS, giving about 10-15% better performance while streaming? Though I admit they are likely out of your price range at this point.
What exactly is your budget, $350?
You're a complete fucking idiot so you're based in the US, right? Or are these Canada/NZ dollars? That's the only excuse there could be for paying $200 for a GTX1050t.
Do you have a purchase date? Do you need to be able to buy every part tomorrow, or can you stretch it out over a couple weeks to find better prices, flash sales, one-day deals? Would you consider waiting for the next major announcement or release of new hardware components, if it would drive down the price of what you're looking at?
What parts do you already have, what parts are not required? Do you not need a keyboard/mouse/monitor/headphones/speakers/OS/HDD/PSU?
Do you have any preferred website for parts? Some people only like to buy from Amazon, for example.
What's your monitor resolution? Do you have any interest in overclocking?

Need more information to actually help you.
Otherwise I'd say just buy something like this and plug the GPU in.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAJ26V69427

If your GPU has a 6-pin or 8-pin connector on it (not all GTX 1050ti are created equal), then you will need a better power supply with 12-volt rails. Can you post a pic of the card you purchased?

Fuck, forgot to remove name

Seriously, OP. If you hadn't fucked up on the GPU purchase (a 1050Ti is fine for budget gaming, but too expensive), you'd have a better build than this easily. With another $60 you could get higher clocked RAM, maybe 16GB even, or a better CPU.

Stupid people do stupid shit.
Why bother upset.

>Used fried chicken instead of tendies

Fuck off.

For me it's the McChicken

>Dual channel makes a huge difference for Ryzen, it scales very well with faster ram especially dual channel ram
Ryzen does not scale much better than any other architecture with dual channel.
A bit more in depth: Memory channel do just increase bandwidth, not latency. It's important for when you are working with data that doesn't fit in the cache, because that data has to be loaded again and again and no matter how fast your cache is it doesn't matter if you can't fill it in time. Ryzen does not have special properties in this regard, it's as memory bound as any other modern superscalar von Neumann Architecture. It is more dependent on your memory frequently as I said before since it's infinity fabrics (ccx interconnect) clockspeed is dependent on the memory frequency.

In a tight budget if in doubt upgrade the gpu. (No, dual channel memory is still a must have, as is a ssd, they cost 30$ for 240GB smartasses).

It's nice and all that you tell OP how stupid he is but that's been done enough for i would say.
Also a 100$ piece of shit (yes it's a decent value) is still 100 wasted $ if he can afford something a bit more decent. A 4c4t with relatively low ipc is not a good cpu in this day and age, the hdd is useless as well...

Based.

1050 ti was the incorrect card to buy since there are alternatives for the same price that are way better, but it can still run new games well (I have one and ran Resident Evil 2 at 50-70 fps on medium, 1080p). Find a Ryzen 3 CPU and put it with that.

great, now I'm hungry.

OP here, its 11:19 am here. im just now looking back at this thread; if youre here to just rip on me for my poor choice in card, or bash me for my ignorance, you can kindly fuck off, to the people who actually gave me viable builds to consider and work upon, thank you. I think that i'll just save for a better rig to put it into; or try to off this one and get another card and start again. for the record, im not looking for 120fps 1080 quality, im a fucking console pleb just looking for a cheap "out" from the shit universe known as console. on a side note you all sound like elitists with super mega Aspergers...

>on a side note you all sound like elitists with super mega Aspergers...
I have spent countless hours in the last 3 years following the consumer tech space very, very closely to get a good grasp on this subject. When I give you advice or explain you something that is basically imprinted into my brain like basic multiplication tables I will obviously be arrogant to some extend, especially if I do this without personal gain for you.
Still as I said many times before in this thread you can get a decent machine for 360$, but having 500$ makes it a bit more comfortable too.

340$(-20$ right now): pcpartpicker.com/list/3nK7NQ

420$: pcpartpicker.com/list/KPF4LJ

OR wait for zen2, clear up your mess with the gpu if necessary,...

would that $420 one support my card until i can replace it with a better one?

Well yes, I assume your card has no extra power connectors, so I haven't checked the psu for 6/8 pin connectors, but a 1050ti is a 75W card...so it's unlikely you'll need one.

what card should i get for it?

i don't entirely understand how gpu compatibility works.

Okay, let's see

gpus 101:

They have a connector to the motherboard (nowaday pretty much all use pcie 3.0 x16). This connector can deliver 75W of power.
Should your graphics card need more power than 75W it needs a extra power connector 6/8 pin, some very powerhungy cards need multiple extra connectors. These connectors are coming directly from your PowerSupply Unit (PSU).
Well besides from this there are no further hardware level restrictions (there is some safe boot related stuff in the bios but that's not important in 99.9% of all cases and if it's a problem you just have to change some bios settings so not important at all).

So basically the only compability issue that could occur is about the power connectors.
Since your card is a 1050ti it should require only 75Watts of power, meaning it should run without extra power connectors. I don't know all 1050ti models so i can't tell you for certain your card doesn't need one, but it's unlikely.

Just to be sure i replaced the psu with one i'm reasonably sure it has a 6(8 pin connector as well so it should work either case and also enable you to later install a more powerhungry graphics card too.

List: pcpartpicker.com/list/yvBTkd

what about fans? do i need any?

>recommending ryzen to a gamer
Never change, reddit.

got an idea for a build?

The xeons will serve you well if your budget is that tight. AMDs have an architecture that isn't suited for realtime tasks like gaming.

Please, go easy on him he doesn't know because he's a new builder he doesn't realize how hard you're trolling right now so you should just take it easy.

If you have a resolution higher than 1080p there is no difference. If you have a refresh rate lower than 144, there is no difference.

Even an FX--8350 would be bottlenecks by a gtx 1050ti. Shill your old server chips elsewhere. They're just i7s with shittier cache anyway.

Nope, just an honest customer with extreme buyer's remorse steering others away from making the same mistake.

A case has case fans(usually a few come bundled). Ryzen comes with a stock cooler.

If he'd be buying a gpu north of 500$ intel makes sense but for this poor lad with his 1050ti a 120$ r5 1600 is more than enough. Also having zen2 as a possible future upgrade is nice too.

I got a x5650, an asus p6t, a cooler and 24GB of ddr3 ram for 200€ two years ago. oc to 4Ghz on all 6 cores, still a bit slower than my ryzen 5 1600(~10%). Obviously there are some gains where intels architecture works much better (gta v, cs go, ...) but in a more general way this ryzen combo here is not much more expensive and will still be faster on average, while providing more up to date features like m.2 ssds, faster memory, and a possible upgrade path

I wouldn't be so sure about that bulldozer was a flaming piece of shit

Obviously we can go much more in depth with the question if ryzen is a adequate cpu choice for him by going through a list of games he plays but that poor guy, but we can make this simple: The cheapest intel cpu that could be considered an upgrade over a r5 1600 is something like an i5 8400 which starts at 200$, which is 80 more than a r5 1600.
pcpartpicker.com/product/LHYWGX/intel-core-i5-8400-28ghz-6-core-processor-bx80684i58400

And even with a 1060 the performance difference is not big:
youtube.com/watch?v=aQraN5C3kkY

So i wouldn't recommend an intel cpu for him.

i just need something that can support this card and a better on when i have the bread for said better one.

Keep trying to sell those obsolete swiss cheese CPUs, pajeet. Zentoo will be here soon and your job will be impossible after that.

Are you having a stroke?

>In a tight budget if in doubt upgrade the gpu
I was saying is that he spent too much on the 1050Ti, not that it's a bad card. $200 is waaaay too much for a 1050Ti, plain and simple.

It depends, bulldozer was good at one thing and one thing only- multi-core integer workloads. What is/isn't a bottleneck with one of those things could vary wildly depending on your workload.