Loves the way macbooks look

>loves the way macbooks look
>hates apple

Any laptops out there with the same aesthetics as macbooks? Must be able to run GNU/Linux.

Attached: images.jpg (269x187, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

trustedreviews.com/reviews/xiaomi-mi-laptop-air-13-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

maybe something like an X1 Carbon

matebook x pro

Attached: 1524422622777.png (851x814, 334K)

Zenbook

MacBooks make you look like someone who has never had to work a day in their life. The superior ThinkPad TM makes you look like someone who actually has things to do beyond look at Instagram.

This

Tbh I while I get the appeal of MacBook aesthetic, I believe such thin and non serviceable stuff should be "throwaway" machines, like those old eeepc.
Low performance / low consumption / low price machines you get when you're freshman and keep until graduation. Powerful enough to run a Webmail client, light browsing, PDF readers and light programming for assignments in Jupiter notebooks or whatever.
Same machines for businessmen for presentations and sshing into desktops.
Those machines would be treated as office supplies like chairs or shelves and replaced every 3 years or something.
But for $2000 or whatever the price of MacBooks is, no way.

Since it's already a blog post, I'd also add I'm indifferent toward Apple. It's a better emacs bootloader than windows :^)
I still prefer Linux, especially considering pdftools which just werks on Linux compared to emacs on Windows or osx.

This looks pretty slick

The Porsche speedster

Attached: 1(5).png (1280x1280, 464K)

trustedreviews.com/reviews/xiaomi-mi-laptop-air-13-3

This or the LG gram. Both of them out-macbook the macbook. Some Samsung notebooks do also.
Anyway, all of these cost much less. I personally own a Matebook D and it cost me less than $600 and looks/feels great, much higher build quality than everything else at this pricepoint (new).

However, what is your fascination with aesthetics? A laptop is a laptop, you know.

Does this have a godly trackpad like a MacBook?

If you want poor quality at a high price with no repairability or modularity, then the Surface line from Microsoft would suit you.

It has a pretty good trackpad, although it does rattle a bit.

Poo in loo Pajeet.

I don't use Windows.

It's not macbook touchpad quality but not bad either.
I've only tested one under windows though and palm rejection can be fucky if you run GNU/Linux and that can be a problem since it's a pretty big touchpad.

Vivobook S15, good cheap alternative. Mine came with GNU/Linux out of the box (Endless OS)

People buy Macs for how they work, not how they look. You can buy any number of Windows laptops that shamelessly imitate the MacBook's aesthetic; the catch is that none of them can run macOS.

Attached: 1540927942581.jpg (125x34, 3K)

>Any laptops out there with the same aesthetics as macbooks?

Yeah, every other modern day laptop.

tfw thinkpads have been ruined and there is no satisfying modern day alternative

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-13 Donald J Trump on Twitter At a recent round table meeting of business executiv (600x223, 25K)

> Likes well designed hardware
> Likes disgustingly designed software

system76 makes a few that fit the bill. don't buy this one, though. the battery lifes a joke and the screen opens to a whopping 95 degrees.

Attached: Screenshot_20190315_150356.png (1219x624, 460K)

>beyond look at instagram
yeah because looking at hentai is so much better

Linux can look whatever way you want it dumbass.
Have fun with your forced updates my man.

Pixelbook or Chromebook Pixel 2015 running Gallium OS (Linux for Chromebooks)

Attached: dims.jpg (677x393, 29K)

Looking at hentai is so much better though.

just get the surface book 2

great battery life
tall 3:2 screen
you can draw on it
comfy tablet for web browsing
touch screen lets you fly through Caiaphas when you shitpost on Jow Forums
high quality 3000x2000 screen
keyboard is 2nd best behind lenovo.
trackpad is 2nd best behind apple
botnet face login is super fast

there is prime real estate behind the screen for more batteries and computer components, i dont get why everyone else wastes time with super thin screens.

Attached: 1515276405676.jpg (720x540, 58K)

*captchas

>Huawei

>that ID
no way that could be real

Attached: ryu shock.png (500x500, 199K)

Get a xiaomi laptop

This

Any laptop manufactured after 2012

>that one guy who joins every thread about macs and talks about his trackpad
that's his story?

yes 2010 macbook pro. You can get one of them on ebay for like 250$.

If you want the chink explosive version get a jumper ezbook on aliexpress but I can't guarantee you it will run Linux

If you're looking for something that tries to immitate a brand I guess your best bet would be to check China.

Anything on the market today. Are you new to 2019?

I've thought about a chromebook, but the lack of a super key is a little concerning to me?

Also Xiaomi Mi series of laptops. Both of these are pretty much chink copies of a MacBook without OSX.

get the surface book
it's super comfy

I have one. AMA

Also
>no I/O

Yes. Unfortunately I'm only 3 months in.

Most offices already do that, we warranty our machines for 3 years and then offload them.

still apple. never was about the price.

Happy?

Silver Thinkpads

Attached: 1532100944000_IMG_1031622.jpg (500x500, 60K)