JAVA GUI programs

Hello, I need to learn how to use JAVA + SWING or JAVAFX to make GUI programs with XML, how do I go about doing this? Please and thanks!

Attached: for_a_minute_there_i_lost_myself_by_marie_esther_d7anzc4.jpg (2057x2442, 1.35M)

RTFM

>java
>xml
oh god

Jaxb and xml are a match made in heaven, faggot. It simply doesn't get any more comfy than this.

Attached: 362.gif (480x360, 73K)

So what is the very best resource(s) to get uptospeed (i.e., hireable) in as short a time as possible?

it would be a better idea to immediately kill yourself
all Java GUI frameworks are complete cancer

JavaFX is actually rather nice for the most part. It's just far too stupid BufferedImage isn't a first class citizen any longer. So fucking stupid. Gnah. But that probably wont bother you, unless your also into image processing shit.

Why? Why would you choose to make software like this in 2019? You might as well be asking us how to make a java applet communicate with a flash program that reads data over IPX/SPX from a cobol program running on your mainframe. Sure, it could be done, but why?

>With XML
But fucking why
XML is a stain on tech

>in 2019
Ah, yes, OP should have asked how to make JavaScript desktop GUI apps.

So how does one build modern Java GUI desktop applications if not without Swing/JavaFX (and JaxB for working with XML)?

Use C++ and the Qt Framework faggot

Attached: 220px-KDE_Mascot_Konqi_by_Tyson_Tan.png (220x367, 45K)

This

Attached: 2247416 - Konqi cybermananon kde mascots.png (876x1067, 176K)

The official docs are actually really good, they even have a nice tutorial.

>the Qt Framework faggot
I don't use people.

this
but not this

You know you would like to

Attached: 2247417 - Konqi cybermananon kde mascots.png (547x853, 140K)

you don't need XML for any part of this
just learn Swing, you use it directly from within Java. (ie, your window/form designs are made with code, not markup)

jesus. more konqi lewds pls

Use scenebuilder to generate fxml files. Load them into a Parent object with FXMLLoader

>A..user...

Attached: 2247419 - Konqi cybermananon kde mascots.png (676x732, 127K)

use javafx swing is dying out

please stop ive already jacked it twice today

Attached: 1485333021068.jpg (2335x2507, 685K)

>scenebuilder
>fxml files
I never got this. Doing all GUI by code is so much nicer/simpler to work with.

Post his girlfriend and I'll consider using Qt for my future projects and KDE for my desktop.

The way you've worded your question (xml?) strongly implies a lack of general programming knowledge, not trying to shame you but I'd recommend starting with just hello world/ fizzbuzz. once you understand how to import libraries you can check out the documentation for swing and go from there.

Based furry mods, I'm still not b&

Attached: 2247399 - Konqi SmileBomb kde mascots.png (1000x1214, 782K)

Attached: shocked superheroes.png (471x574, 211K)

JavaFX. It's awesome.
XUL, Glade... JavaFX. They all use XML to define the ui. WPF as well,iirc.

What is/are the very best resources for learning JavaFX, JaxB ? I cannot really find anything...

Official docs are great. If you're more into video tutorials then check out the JavaFX vids by thenewboston on YouTube.

The official docs. Read them.

Attached: 1qzzm21o1_400.gif (300x291, 1.62M)

Use Java to start an Electron app