/spg/ - smartphone general

how bad did drunk me fuck up Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: n9pv.png (1085x167, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/poco_f1_lite_key_specs_revealed_through_geekbench-news-36035.php
in.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009114775736.html?wid=1433363
mi.com/es/redmi-note-7/specs/
youtube.com/watch?v=ie3JN-HVRwI
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-mix-2
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-mix-2s-global
amazon.com/gp/product/B079Z793SM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/jeter/official/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i got a old 2013ish tracfone with android 4.4
I'm only using it to mess around with android development
it's cdma, is it possible to remove/disable it completely?
I don't want it to have any 'phone' capabilities, pretty much make it a ipod touch
does it even matter since it's not activated? I never used a smartphone in my life btw

Im looking at either getting a Pixel 3xl as it is $300 off at the moment, or a Mate 20 (not Pro)...anyone have either of these that can give me advice?

There's Nokia 6.1 (the 4GB RAM variant) on sale in my country for about $135. I was considering an Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 or Xiaomi Mi A2 lite but they're both at about $180 here. How's the battery life on the 6.1?

My Moto G4's starting to have that overheating issue the phone is known for. Not dead yet, but the thing gets way too hot when it charges and I don't know how long it'll be before this becomes a serious problem. Would replacing the battery be a permanent fix or just a temporary one?

ASUS ZenFone Max (M2) any good? Has the bands I need and a pretty nice sized battery. I've never had any experience with ASUS phones.

Attached: 1506776515045.jpg (867x1193, 94K)

What is the best custom ROM? After unlocking the bootloader of my Redmi Note 5 I started using xiaomi.eu. Several months have passed and I've now switched to Pixel Experience to try it out. It's buttery smooth, but I don't like the pie bar, it doesn't fix the issue of having software buttons.

Depends on what you need or want out of a phone. LineageOS is usually the staple go-to since it strikes a good balance between AOSP and customization without piling a bunch of options. Pie Bar is also optional, there should be an option to disable gesture in the setting.

Thinking about getting my dad a gift to replaced his cracked up moto g3.

I see a deal on ebay for a 32gb iphone 7 for $425 canabucks. I feel like going for it unless Jow Forums things spurging for the $600 64gb iphone 8 is worth it.

I'm just looking for the longest lasting phone for my dad. Maybe I should just go for the 8 idk.

6.1 owner checking in. It's bretty good. At least a day with heavy usage no problems. 2 days with moderate usage.

Srs though the 3000 mah battery on the 6.1 is misleading, it lasts a full day with heavy usage easily, with a little bit left over.

How much would the pixel 3 cost with the $300 discount?

What country is this?

Belgium/Netherlands

Currently on ibood there's the nokia 7 plus on sale for 199 eu.

That is all.

pixel experience has the most support currently. That's what I'm using and it's allright. It does seem to trigger the safetynet check though.

>like my moto e4 plus
>wish it had more ram
>wish it had a nicer camera
>wish it had ir
>wish fixing a cracked screen wasn't the cost of buying a new one
only real complaints
>wish there was a phone that had every feature i want

There really are no bad phones anymore. There are only bad people, who care about phones.

mi8 or mi mix 2s?
They both have disgusting chins but mix atleast don't have a notch. BUT mi8 is looking better anyway somehow.
Im so confused and can't decide. Please halp. And no, i can't buy something fresher.

Attached: 4.jpg (630x402, 220K)

Well it's android one so you'll get at least two years of solid support. Nokia has solid build quality. Snapdragon 845 means great speed and power in your phone.

And likely the (rear) camera is the GOAT, we just don't know yet. But a zeiss 5 lens camera is bound to be at least comparable to the pixel. 3.

You didn't phuk up don't worry. You spent significantly less than the other flagships. I'm sure you made a good decision.

It's just that I wish I had some sort of gesture-based control without something at the bottom. Xiaomi.eu has that, but it's got other issues.

>but I don't like the pie bar, it doesn't fix the issue of having software buttons.
This is why you use Fluid Navigation Gestures.

>They both have disgusting chins
Do you prefer constant accidental inputs by your palms?

t. fat-hand amerifat

Sure thing.

Philippines, there was a flash sale going on so I placed an order right away
Thanks, I was worried that 3000mah is going to make it drain like crazy, since I'm coming from a phone with that battery, hopefully it gets here soon enough

>tfw my s10 still hasn't shipped

Attached: v1m8azlq4lk21.jpg (736x552, 47K)

where to buy samung phones with snapdragon soc from the uk?

any good sites that ship overseas?

same

Please help a brainlet
>EU
>Android
>dual sim
>nice screen
>performance over anything else
>battery life over camera quality
>no notch or hole
>bonus points for 3.5mm jack
>preferably good software out of the box
I would literally use it for calls, texting,
I've been looking at OnePlus7, but I need something now. If money is not an issue, what is the absolute best phone I can get right now? If I decide to wait until OP7, what would be the best temporary solution?

>I would literally use it for calls, texting,
and not much else. I don't care about games.

eBay

Europe?
Some user was saying the green ones were delayed the other day

Mix 3, but it has no audio jack.

>performance over anything else
>I would literally use it for calls, texting, and not much else. I don't care about games.
Why are you wasting your money when even a $100 phone will handle that just fine?

How does it compare to other full screen navigation apps?

>How does it compare to other full screen navigation apps?
It's basically MIUI full-screen gestures available for all devices.

gsmarena.com/poco_f1_lite_key_specs_revealed_through_geekbench-news-36035.php

>poco f1 lite
wtf

wondamobile

>not flexing on the poor when you can
I like nice things. I have the money, and I don't think paying even a €1000 on something I'll use daily for the next 3 years is wasting my money.

They want the redmi note 7 audience

Get the Mi Mix 3 5G or Oneplus 5G phone when its out and flex on the poor people still stuck on 4G

>ot flexing on the poor when you can
Good recipe for not staying wealthy.

I need something now

just get something cheap and sell it when the new phones are out

deep black africa

I don't know. Got this big boi anyway. Selfie camera placement is weird but i almost don't use it anyway. Chin is not even that big when you see it irl.

Attached: 4.jpg (950x534, 82K)

Is Umidigi any good?

No

Why would you need 5g? Just get the current versions.

It's ebin

Do you mean Max (M2) or Max Pro (M2)?

>life's about hoarding money
sod off you penny pinching muppet

Either one really, but now definitely the Pro.

I see the P30 being a decent alternative to the S10e in Europe and Asia.

>6.1" flat OLED FHD
>Kirin 980 (between S845 and S855)
>6G/128G + propriety card slot (at least it's something)
>IR blaster
>3.5mm port
>Fixed front camera
>Mate 20 Pro camera on the back
>IP68
>the chinks will probably find out how to unlock the bootloader at some point like all of their phones

Attached: gsmarena_001(2).jpg (315x315, 19K)

The Note 7 Pro global is on gearbest for 400 europoorbux O:
in.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_009114775736.html?wid=1433363

Attached: Dolphin 2017-05-15 11-40-33-77.jpg (339x269, 26K)

>FDD-LTE: B1 / 3 / 5 / 7 / 8
It's the chink version, not the global version

I got the impression most people want S10e for it's relatively small size, since there isn't that many smaller options these days.

I'm pretty sure it'll be sized as the P20 which is about the same as the S10e, but will have a taller display.

>the chink version
but the chink version isn't out

is samsung a50 any good? its the same price range as pocophone but the oled screen and specs including 4k mah battery is looking too irresistible for me

>the chink version isn't out
Neither is the global version. Chink version is being announced on March 18, but nobody knows when the Global version is coming.

isn't poco is basically a "pro" version of redmi note?

>Chink version is being announced on March 18
I know that and since this isn't locked and has more bands it can only be the global version sold irregularly by suppliers not the chink version

WHY CANT THE OP7 COME OUT ALREADY. I JUST WANNA KNOW IF THE DESIGN WILL BE SHIT OR WORTH THE MONEY.
IF IT COMES OUT THE PRICE ON THE OP6T WILL DROP TO SUB-400 AND I CAN ENJOY ITS STUPID FRONT FINGERPRINT DESIGN WITH GODTIER SPECS FOR CHEAP.

Attached: 1528150333075m.jpg (1024x681, 210K)

That's what you implied.

I just bought a 128gb Pocophone with a case and screen protector, ama

so I'm liking xiaomi mi 9 but it's too expensive for my taste, can I safely assume that in few months poco f2 with similiar specs will come out much cheaper?

I'm telling you, those aren't the bands of the Global version. Global version always has B4 and B20. Compare to the Redmi Note 7 global:
mi.com/es/redmi-note-7/specs/
FDD-LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20

Looking at your link the phone doesn't seem to be available anyway, so it's just a pre-announcement listing.

Attached: 122016.jpg (1252x832, 93K)

okay then if it can't be the chink one and it can't be the international one maybe it's the india version? what else could it be

Unless it's a placeholder for the international version with wrong spec sheet? In which case good news since it means it'll come out shortly

It's likely a placeholder, but for what version, who knows. The specs sheet is a complete mess, full of errors. The listed bands are for the Chinese version, the listed SoC is Snapdragon 660 even thoughPro has SD675. It lists the rear camera as 12MP even though 7 Pro has 48MP. I wouldn't make any conclusions based on this listing.

Attached: screencapture-gearbest-cell-phones-pp_009114775736-html-2019-03-15-17_29_13.png (985x2273, 2.14M)

daily reminder not to buy from scamsung unless you want them to break your phone in 6 months

>Have Z2 Force on T-Mobile
>Want a phone with a bigger battery and screen
>Don't really care about downgrading on hardware/specs
>100% afraid of all glass phones after owning something basically unbreakable.
Look around the $200-$250 price range that is decent on T-Mobile bands. G7 Power looking good, any other ideas? I just want good battery life and mostly use my phone for browsing/emulation.

Attached: 1427383098300.png (269x185, 82K)

What is the best way to have a shared folder or synchronized folder between my smartphone and PC /spg/?

Attached: 20080620070629!Haven_TrooperMGS4.jpg (900x1600, 150K)

just get a battery motomod

was going to import a poco but it barely has the band support here in japan
absolutely shattered

That's the joke

Hello my friends the Note 7 Pro camera is very good even compared to the Pixel 3xl, gcam port will equalize the 2 devices even further
youtube.com/watch?v=ie3JN-HVRwI

Attached: hello.jpg (783x874, 62K)

owncloud, dropbox

opinions on the galaxy m20/m30

Just got myself an Xperia XZ2 Compact as a replacement for a broken Xperia M4 Aqua.
Reason I stayed with Sony Xperia is the glove mode, which lets me use it while wearing gloves.
I couldn't find any other phones than Sony that have this feature besides some rugged phones, and it's not even on every Sony either. Is this just not a common feature or is my google-fu too weak?

Attached: 7E4LA5XYQRHZDK7BWTV7QNHDIA.jpg (1200x1018, 150K)

bro checked it is truth

Huh? I think most phones have adjustable touch sensitivity. At least my five year old Samsung has that, but I've probably never used it so idk about gloves.

anything without having to resort to online storage? just with home wifi a folder that updates in PC If I add a picture to the folder inside the phone?

Attached: 1537408179315.jpg (1654x1170, 762K)

I have the mi 8 pro and I'm satisfied. The only thing that bothers me is that I miss a lot when typing, but it's my fault. Maybe it's because the screen is very big.

best

Mi Mix 2, though I'd recommend spending a little extra and getting the Mix 2s.

The Sony feature boosts the touch sensitivity up the wazoo. If you've turned it on but aren't wearing gloves you can use the touchscreen 3-4mm away.

all of the ones ive seen are over 300

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-mix-2
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-mix-2s-global

Is there a way to find out the very specific specs of your phone with a usb cable and a computer?
lm retarded and managed to completly wipe the stock OS on my phone in twrp and the only thing l only have now is twrp and the bootloader.
This is the specific phone that l have if it helps and l don't know which specific zip file to download. All the ones lve tried haven't worked.
please help.

amazon.com/gp/product/B079Z793SM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/jeter/official/

Attached: qsdcv.jpg (900x900, 50K)

Is the OP7 going to put us at peak non-gaming phone and it's all spec war stagnation from there?

>4000 mAh 1.5 day battery with warp charge + 6-8GB RAM and strong/efficient enough processor for most anything
>Only $650

Seriously what do you need after at? Shit literally hits all of your needs in terms of functionality, anything more is really unnecessary for 90% of non-gaming phone use.
6GB is already enough to multitask a bunch, 8 makes you a god, and anything more than that is just a waste unless you're gaming and even then games on phones don't even require 12GB. Even if Microsoft brought game pass to Android it would be mostly overkill.
And with the battery, processor efficiency, and warp charge getting you back up in just a few minutes, where else is there to go

Attached: 1508344450099m.jpg (1024x802, 76K)

I have 3 days of mild usage on mi a2 lite

>Seriously what do you need after at?
headphone jack

>Only $650

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (600x600, 35K)

check the retail box, maybe it tells you. If it's the unlocked version then RETUS should be the right one to flash.

>had s7 edge for almost 3 years
>used to run beautifully
>it's now pretty unresponsive and mildly annoying to use, especially with certain apps
>contemplating buying a new phone but i'm a poorfag
is there a particular reason for this or is this just how quickly these phones age? i don't have a ton of money to keep shilling out for this shit

also, booting into bootloader mode might say the which variant it is.

I just got my Mi Mix 3 and am trying to find an appropriate wall wart. The phone supports QuickCharge 4+, and the only non-404'd charger that explicitly names that that I can find is the Razer Epic Gaming charger, which I do not want to buy.

What chargers on Amazon will support my QuickCharge 4+ phone?

Also fuck the chinks for making me wait 72 hours to unlock the bootloader.

l know that my phone is the XT1922-9 but it doesn't say which OPP thing it specfically is.
It is also the unlocked version btw.

XT1922-9_JETER_RETUS_8.0.0_OPP27.91-140_cid50_subsidy-DEFAULT_regulatory-DEFAULT_CFC.xml.zip

what makes you think that it's this one?