What RSS feed reader do you use and why?

What RSS feed reader do you use and why?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1200x1200, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/feedbro/mefgmmbdailogpfhfblcnnjfmnpnmdfa
addons.mozilla.org/el/firefox/addon/feedbroreader/
github.com/swanson/stringer
feeder.co
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/awesome-rss/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/livemarks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Newsboat. I used to use tt-rss but I don't really need a webpage to browse shit like that. I use plumbing to load shit in various programs. Pictures into feh, youtube and whatever into mpv.

None because rss is dead.
I use Ruby with "require 'net/http'" and "require 'json'"

Spa rss
Never on the computer so can't remember what I used there

Feedbro

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/feedbro/mefgmmbdailogpfhfblcnnjfmnpnmdfa

addons.mozilla.org/el/firefox/addon/feedbroreader/

/Thread

Newsboat. Just werks and you're able to customize pretty much anything.

Quiterss

Share your setup if you're not Luke

Just look up gotbletu, he is the guy who gave me the idea to use Newsboat over tt-rss and that a piping script was even possible. I don't have accounts on github and gitlab so I can't give you my dotfiles and my shit is hardcoded and contains cleartext passwords. I'm not scrubbing it out for the sake of a Jow Forums thread.

emacs
I was already using emacs

This

brief

>rss is dead
That's funny, because every major and minor website on the web uses RSS.

RSS/Atom is going nowhere until a valid alternative is found. And IMO it needs no alternative at all.

I use Feedly.
I don't like the idea of using a 3rd party service just to track RSS, but I need it synced between multiple devices.

I thought about using tt-rss though.

rss is deprecated, just a matter of time before they all disappear

Stringer. I run it myself, and I can use it with a browser from anywhere. And, on top of it, it isn't written in javascript or php.
github.com/swanson/stringer

Attached: 1552196412732.gif (540x303, 2.74M)

elfeed within emacs

SpaRSS, available through F-Droid

I've my own. Was a nice little project. Written in JavaFX. Not much functionality as big readers but it's enough for me. I can group stuff together, use search and get notifications if update occurs, and a PDF export function.

Flym, available through F-Droid

thunderbird

TT-RSS

QuiteRSS.
Feedbro is pretty good, but I like having a separate program for it. I wish there was an android app with decent filtering.

Handy News Reader

Any good podcast software to Windows? one that can remember and resume positions if possible

Windows doesn't have software like this because its not geared towards adults. Move to Linux if you want software that lets you do real shit with your computer.

Some time ago I simply used a portable version of Foobar2000 with a podcast plugin, and I set it to remember the last position when closed. You could probably do the same thing with VLC, it already works with podcasts.

Miniflux,
Quick, loads of features and lightweight.

rawdog ran once a day
outputs to a simple html

Musicbee works for podcasts believe, plus imo it's the best out of the box player on the OS.

feedly, 'cause i need sync.

>here’s your feed, bro

Feeder

The free version works for me

feeder.co

seamonkey news and blogs rss feed reeader

Mostly news feeds.

Apparently Brenton Tarrant is a self proclaimed "Eco-fascist" just doing his duty for the environment.

> Ecofascism
Ecofascism is a theoretical political model in which a totalitarian government would require individuals to sacrifice their own interests to the "organic whole of nature."

Attached: Eco-Fascist...jpg (800x599, 315K)

think you're right but it's my dad's pc, he just wants to listen to his boomercasts as with Podcast Addict

both VLC and MusicBee are good, not what dad wanted but they're ok

thanks anons

>individuals to sacrifice their own interests to the "organic whole of nature."
Sometimes you gotta take one for the team :D

this.

Inoreader because it's the first thing I tried for synced feeds across phone and desktop that worked

My own and because it was easier to do than trying and figure out how to configure someone else's

Feedly, although the completely butchered the android app recently

my own in Go
because I like web interface but didn't want to run a fucking full blown apache web server and sql database server for that

it might not be dead, but it isnt for lack of trying.
it seems that what is being pushed by a lot of companies is rss-as-a-service, like the shit you get in firefox/pocket new tab pages, or the windows metro news app and the bing news thing they put in the edge new tab page.

and facebook obviously is positioning itself as a news outlet, so in general the push is for platforms that mine your data more effectively

I use elfeed in Emacs. I use it to keep track of youtube subscriptions without having to go through a youtube account. It's MUCH more convenient.

Do you use gnus? I never got it to work as it shat itself with HTTPS.

no, I use elfeed too. I haven't tried gnus

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/awesome-rss/ or addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/livemarks ?

Vidlist for youtube
Liferea for everything else