What do you use to cleanup your Windows install...

What do you use to cleanup your Windows install? I switched to Wise disk/registry lately but it doesn't seems to be much better than CCleaner

Should I switch back?
Can I just do all of that with built-in Windows 7/10 tools?

>inb4 install gentoo

Attached: images.jpg (220x202, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleachbit.org/documentation/winapp2_ini
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/253597/automating-disk-cleanup-tool-in-windows
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winreg/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop using placeboware

i use gentoo to clean up my windows install

It's the first shit I run if a family member complains that his computer is slow.

It's just a GUI to run a cache and registry cleaner. Now if you can tell me how to easily do that I'd be glad to learn

Else go fuck yourself with your silly buzzword ;)

What was the last good, acceptable version of CCleaner, again?

I don't shit in the street so I see no need to use Wangblows.

BleachBit is a FOSS alternative available on Linux and Windows that can also import (custom) cleaning definitions from CCleaner.
bleachbit.org/documentation/winapp2_ini

For general usage, the disk cleaning assistant is sufficient.

I don't like CCleaner ever since Piriform included malware with that one version of Speccy. It's complete garbage now in my opinion.

Just use BleachBit. It clearly works since crooked Hillary used it to wipe the data on her e-mail servers when she got subpoenaed for said data. When asked about wiping her data in court, she simply responded, "What, with a cloth or something?" which is an admission of guilt that the law was unable to act on as a result of the lack of evidence.

BleachBit just works.

Last week some user fucked his disk by using this software. Idk how tho

You can fuck your computer with CCleaner as well, it's not a BleachBit exclusive feature.

why does CC want to update other software on my system? it never did that before.

Is it bad that I never "clean" my computer?
>256gb SSD
>Win 10 (forgive me)

I use wiztree every now and then to see what is clogging up my drive.

Attached: Screenshot_70.png (834x174, 177K)

Why can't you use a real OS like GNU?

I can only see CCleaner, BleachBit and similars fucking your system if you mess with the registry, because cleaning the recycle bin and deleting caches and your browsing history is pretty much irrelevant to the OS.

Which W10 version is the least bloat free apart from Enterprise? I have the regular iso that allows home/pro/education yada yada. I don't care about botnet as it's in an offline VM, I just want as many things like Cortana disabled.
>why not use LTSC?
Because I can't be arsed to look for isos through unofficial channels. With a linux useragent microsoft just lets you download the regular version without bullshitting.

Attached: D1oRvM1UcAAqnH9.jpg (887x1182, 255K)

I can't figure out how to get things to work on other OS's. Maybe I'm just dumb.
I'll consider learning it when I'm less busy.

Thanks! I did use it on Ubuntu but I didn't know there was a Windows release

Even a "non-bloated" version will get bloated along with the updates. There are many tools to automatically turn the Microsoft spying shit off and to remove all Win10 apps

I even saw that you could install apps without the store lately, since I wanted everything off except for the calculator and weather ones

I use ccleaner portable, then download ccenhancer, then set it to run at startup.

>still using ccleaner botnet and bleachbit to cleanup your pc in 2019
>kill yourself faggot

Attached: 1552593687733.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

>What do you use to cleanup your Windows install?
Gentoo.

>What do you use to cleanup your Windows install?
DBAN

this. i've used macos for a while and finally healed my "cleaning" autism

Attached: 1539463778958.png (184x184, 65K)

Cleanmgr is all you need.
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/253597/automating-disk-cleanup-tool-in-windows
/thread

Attached: shot0037.jpg (704x400, 53K)

Realistically the only acceptable answer
This is what you apply afterwards

Privacy Eraser Free, it just werks.

Attached: privacy-eraser-free_1.png (1024x768, 201K)

Can i run this shit silently, like, in background?

Attached: Disk Cleanup Drive Selection.png (353x202, 23K)

None, just clear temp. You'll get the same result as this piece of shit

retard
I bet you defrag as well

Can be turned off in settings.
ccleaner deletes a lot more files then just the temp folder.

You can get the same effect by disabling indexing. The majority of Windows rot comes from the registry where programs refuse to clean up after themselves when uninstalling. CCleaner *mostly* takes care of some of that though.

just make your own tools free from the botnet
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winreg/
here's the documentation on the registry

Just on my system is clears:
>Internet Explorer temp items
>Internet Explorer cookies
>Thumbnail cache
>Temporary files
>Log files
>Error reports
>Chrome cache
>Chrome history
>Chrome cookies
>Steam cached shit
Totaling ~300 files and 200 some Mb. And I run it fairly often, it's going to be a lot worse for some fucker who's either never ran it or runs it annually or something.
I don't know about you, but it's a lot more convenient to use ccleaner to wipe that stuff out (permanently if I want to) then to spend several minutes doing it manually. Also like you said it's registry cleaner is nice. Note that I'm not saying it's the best utility, but it does get the job done of cleaning shit for you quickly and cleaning the registry.

jetcleaner
>inb4 newfags

Cleaning your cache and registry does nothing do speed up the computer. The difference in performance that "cleaning" the registry is definitely not noticeable, if there is any at all. And unless the disk is full, cleaning cache actually slows down the system. Faster loading is the whole point of having a cache. Obsolete cache is cleaned automatically anyway.

Some of us don't care about purported claims of performance gain and just like a clean and tidy system, but don't want to spend several minutes cleaning up after Windows.