How can I add tags to PNG files on Windows 7?

How can I add tags to PNG files on Windows 7?

Attached: 3a1aa12e6f2727c4dddd5c581d4d4518e2e8b52709f5d8cd006976410930ef0e.png (540x675, 136K)

>windows
Fuck off back to /v/

just give me an answer

Attached: judgingyou.png (672x787, 964K)

no

Hex editor.

have sex, freetard

You don't because png files don't support tags like that, at least not the way you want. Just use another format.

Attached: jpeg.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Not your tech support
Fuck off zoomer

I'm probably way older than you.

Could you elaborate please?

How do I mass convert 6GB of png images to something else? Please don't tell me I'll have to rename each file individually

>rename
Ok this is epic.

RFC 2083
4.2.7. tEXt Textual data Textual information that the encoder wishes to record with the image can be stored in tEXt chunks. Each tEXt chunk contains a keyword and a text string, in the format: Keyword: 1-79 bytes (character string) Null separator: 1 byte Text: n bytes (character string) The keyword and text string are separated by a zero byte (null character). Neither the keyword nor the text string can contain a null character. Note that the text string is not null-terminated (the length of the chunk is sufficient information to locate the ending). The keyword must be at least one character and less than 80 characters long. The text string can be of any length from zero bytes up to the maximum permissible chunk size less the length of the keyword and separator. Any number of tEXt chunks can appear, and more than one with the same keyword is permissible. The keyword indicates the type of information represented by the text string. The following keywords are predefined and should be used where appropriate: Title Short (one line) title or caption for image Author Name of image's creator Description Description of image (possibly long) Copyright Copyright notice Creation Time Time of original image creation Software Software used to create the image Disclaimer Legal disclaimer Warning Warning of nature of content Source Device used to create the image Comment Miscellaneous comment; conversion from GIF comment.

Get off your high horse and try to understand that not everyone is as tech savy as you. My field of work rarely requires me to use a computer for something as obscure as this. Seriously.

Can you please be serious for once?

>Get off your high horse and try to understand that not everyone is as tech savy as you
As many others have pointed out
We are not your personal tech support
Now fuck off

> Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Just use fucking Google and find a freeware batch converter or something, Jesus.

Frogpost related.

Lol did you really just copy/paste the png spec you fucking reprobate? Shows what you actually know.

Attached: funnyrandomfrog.jpg (250x248, 15K)

Install macOS

>Can you please be serious for once?
When you stop acting like a retard. I refuse to believe an actual, certified retard is capable of understanding why tagging images might be useful.
>did you really just copy/paste the png spec
Yes. Contrary to popular belief, nobody knows any RFC by heart, no matter how many LARPers say they do. Especially not the barely used an pretty unimportant part of the spec. All you need to know is that such a feature exists. In case you get around to programming a en/decoder, you would need to open the spec anyway.
Now tell me how C++ decides which overloaded function to call, including the special cases of course.

>understanding why tagging images might be useful.

How the fuck is it not useful?

You tell me, you illiterate troglodyte.

>helps you find things faster with file explorer
>Useless

You're dumb as bricks

>reading comprehension
Other than smashing keyboard, you're not doing a good job at showing signs of cerebral activity.

The ability to do something =/= the widespread support of it. Even then the bullshit you pasted is just key/value pairs, not tags. Enjoy adding metadata to png file that's virtually unsupported though - make Terry Davis proud!

>"lel u dumb xD!"

You sure told me.

t. samefagging mactoddler

>not tags
How tEXt is used, apart from the specified few cases, depends on the decoder. If he wants something like EXIF on PNG, he's out of luck, there's only XMP. If he wants to tag his images for his own purpose, he can do that with just PNG. Otherwise, he can write his own parser to convert his tEXt into EXIF and instead of using format without standardized metadata, use a format that is more appropriate. ImageMagick supports the whole RFC 2083 so he can use this in fixing his shit.
Read the post you first replied to again. And again and again, until it hits you that the "might" is a common trope in English (i'm not native, neither talented in languages, and even i know this one). Feel free to acknowledge the mistake of your ape-like aggression.

You don't add tags to files, you use a program like hydrus that can manage tags for files in its database.