Non-Botnet Browser Thread

So let's set some foundations:
Chrome and Chromium are google botnet. That's obvious.
Brave has recently been discovered to be making major compromises despite their claimed focus on privacy. They're botnet.
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
Firefox has built-in telemetry. This can to some extent be disabled by the user, through the micromanagement of dozens upon dozens of about:config and user.js values.
Firefox is also notorious for slipping in stuff behind users' backs. Never forget this.
itsfoss.com/firefox-looking-glass-controversy/
ghacks.net/2017/10/06/mozilla-to-launch-firefox-cliqz-experiment-with-data-collecting/
It would seem that Moz://a doesn't have any concept of 'opt-in'. If they're willing to do this shit without telling users, what makes you think they won't silently revert your config changes and pass it off as one of their 'experiments'?
Furthermore, they actively analyze the source code of extensions for any icky 'problematic' words that might show up in there.
github.com/mozilla/addons-linter/blob/master/src/badwords.json
Long story short, Firefox is botnet.
Safari, IE/Edge, Opera, and Vivaldi are proprietary.
[insert loonix webkitgtk/qtwebengine browser] is too barebones. Doesn't have any capacity for privacy/tracking protection besides occasionally a very basic adblocker.

What's the best browser, Jow Forums?

Attached: m4kyb9xxafwoglyx1u4u.png (800x2380, 666K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mozilla/addons-linter/blob/master/src/badwords.json
kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,148500,148500
github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/releases/windows/
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-wiki/faq#can-i-install-extensions-or-themes-from-the-chrome-webstore
warosu.org/g/thread/S69812193#p69820836
chocolatey.org/packages/icecat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like Vivaldi.

where do I get myself a qt anime safari bf

Attached: no.png (259x23, 4K)

Attached: NetSurf.jpg (474x474, 22K)

just use ungoogled chromium lmao

Bruh, this site doesn't even work on it. Neither do most.

Firefox looks like a faggot

It works, except that you can't post.

Cancel your internet service and install TempleOS. The only communication you truly need is with god. Alternatively there's ungoogled-chromium but seeing as your taking the paranoid delusions of Jow Forums as legitimate guidance, the former option is much more in line with your end goals.

Micromanaging firefox is the only way. No choice but to look past their development politics and use the browser purely as a browser. Use a config.js file, if you're paranoid lock write permissions or use some script to watch for changes.
In theory they could just stop loading the config.js but you can be certain that would immediately cause a huge uproar and you can jump ship. In the meantime, a properly configured config.js lets you turn off any and all experiments, updates, and other shit, so barring a drastic move like that you'll be safe.

IceCat/Unjewgled Chromium/Properly configured Firefox

This opera girl is cute. Old opera logo and interface are cute as well.

Suckless Surf is the way to go

>It works, except that it doesn't work

>github.com/mozilla/addons-linter/blob/master/src/badwords.json
Lmao pepe is a bad word apparently

>jewgle javascript

>IceCat
This seems to be the only sane option. Shame it's not available on other OSes.

or tor browser

cant you just compile firefox from source using icecats scripts that disable all the botnet?

GNU icecat

GO WASH YOUR MOUTH RIGHT NOW

Custom builds don't message telemetry pings by default. If you make sure that your update channel is defined as "release" (and therefore toolkit.telemetry.enabled is locked to false) then you can deactivate the collection of any data with about:config tweaks.

idk but tell me if you find out

GNU Icecat. Chromium-ungoogled in you need a blink based browser.

anything for windows?
I am condemned to the cuckshed, but I still need a way to remove some of the cameras from my asshole

k-meleon on goanna?
kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?19,148500,148500

It has weekly updates for the "test" version. Should be a new one every Saturday I think? Could be better, there's a bit of a curve for add-ons and such, but it is at least active. Posting it here will either kill it is awaken it. lol

If you don't care someone else complied them, there are pre-made builds of both for windows.

I am too much of a mouthbreathing retard to find those
may I humbly request the location I can find those

github.com/muslayev/icecat-win64
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/releases/windows/

FIREFOX is objectively the best husbando. Safari is gay and Opera’s a woman so they’re right out. Internet Explorer is hiding control and intimacy issues behind his anxiety, and chrome’s personality is clearly built on false-confidence.

Don’t bother debating, I’m right.

Attached: 9F841D0A-6FFF-41C6-A7BA-3EB3D8F82705.jpg (1346x876, 780K)

can you add extensions on ungoogled chromium?

Attached: internet explorer.png (800x2172, 1.98M)

>comic isn't ie murdering netscape

is this "ungoogled chromium" safe?

Pepe is a regular spanish surname.
What the fuck were they thinking?

Icecat doesen't work for shit on Android

Yes. But it wants you to download the add-ons and install them yourself.

ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-wiki/faq#can-i-install-extensions-or-themes-from-the-chrome-webstore

Probably. Doesn't seem to have virus/malware. If you're worried you should do you own research on it.

imagine wanting to use a privacy/security browser like icecat or ungoogled and then using some random persons from githubs precompiled version you know nothing about

>from someguy

Pretty much all open source and closed source software is like that. Most users don't know the people behind it.

True, though some projects now will GPG-sign their packages. Proprietary is usually signed with a CA approved cert.
That way you only need to trust the dev, rather than their download site, and they can build up a reputation.

>muh proprietary

Attached: thats very amusing.jpg (3333x2157, 909K)

>Brave has recently been discovered to be making major compromises despite their claimed focus on privacy. They're botnet.
Oh, God this shit again... Here's what happened genius:
warosu.org/g/thread/S69812193#p69820836
You didn't even bother to read what you've posted and you're concluding everything left and right with utmost certainty. Hate to break it to you - but Brave and Ungoogled-chromium if it hasn't been abandoned yet (because it's one version behind at best) are your only choices.

NetSurf is the only real alternative browser. Sadly, it doesn't have enough developers behind it.

I fixed your fucking image. Never post compressed shit on my board again.

Attached: netscape.png (1600x4344, 3.29M)

You have 4 options. IceCat, Tor Browser, Librefox or Firefox with user.js.

It works just fine, the fuck are you talking about?

;-; uwu

Started using Iridium Browser but might have to since theres been no update since Nov 18'

kys pedo samefag
nobody cares about your pathetic life

Is uBlock Origin even decent anymore? Several ads keep on slipping by, and it often blocks stuff that doesn't need to be blocked

>Chrome and Chromium are google botnet. That's obvious.

What isn't so obvious is the fact that by supporting projects such as Ungoogled chromium you're essentially supporting Google

how do u build ungoogled chromium, i dont understand its instructions

I can't remember what it was exactly but the muslayev icecat has a worm in it, I'm too zoomer to know how to deal with that shit

Update your filter lists, mate.

I do that all the time

Then what sites are you using where it doesn't work?

Usually wikias, sometimes it just breaks for days and won't work. Other times I receive ads from other countries, too

F

Call me gay, but I use Waterfox on LTSC. I'd use IceCat but see pic related.

Attached: ebin.png (541x78, 8K)

Didn't find anything in the archives or the web about it.

you're going to have to back that up user

>girl

Use this build

Yeah but:

>no source

You can't reliably prove that a 3rd party build is safe.

Japan used to create their own unique internet browsers if you wikipedia or google it but it seems they all died off.

>This package was approved as a trusted package on 3/8/2019.

Seems to be safe enough for chocolatey.

chocolatey.org/packages/icecat

I use ungoogled chromium, is it shit? Whats the best alternative?

'l like sucking disks' would have sounded less gay

>Let's all just go back to web1.0
>better yet, i'll sit in the corner of my fucking room and look through a kaleidoscope

>using vanilla Firefox
>not using a fork

what is with the browser Jow Forums was building??

this

what are boobs?