Dvorak

I just started typing in Dvorak for the past few days. Wondering if I should keep trying...did I get memed?

>100-120 QWERTY speed
>30 max on Dvorak atm

Attached: 1551711058072.jpg (1215x1029, 161K)

btw the main reason I want to switch layouts is to prevent RSI, not necessarily to type faster

bumping 4 u

It's faster on Gentoo

>expecting to reverse two decades+ of muscle memory in three days

Attached: Untitled.png (249x373, 181K)

well I know it will take a long time to git gud. I want to know if it's really more comfortable to type on.

You could always try it for a bit and form your own opinion.

did oyu type at 100wpm right after learning qwerty? thought not

its a meme, stop and transition back now. my speeds on both were 100wpm~. literally felt no different other than normie keyboards were cancer to use.
>t. used dvorak for 18 months

>dedicate time to unlearn your decades of muscle memory so you can type at 30 wpm only on your specific keyboard
Why

I can hit 120 on QWERTY, fast typing is really the only thing I'm good at

fuck, I'm just now getting okayish at it after utterly suffering for 2 days. Now I'm reading articles like the Reason article that says the Dvorak claims were basically a hoax.

I'm thinking maybe just an ergo keyboard would add the comfort I'm looking for.

definitely

was it at least more comfortable to type on?

This

not that I could noticeably feel. I guess it felt better to learn on because instead of typing asdf and jkl; I was typing words but that's just a novelty. technically total finger stroke movement is supposed to be less but I couldn't tell a difference. It took me like 2 months to get up to 80~wpm and then the next few months getting back up to 100

I tried dvorak once but for Dutch it's not that good of a keyboard layout either, I type more in Dutch than in English.
And it's not worth it because you will need to redo all that muscle memory you've built up with qwerty.

have fun when you learn dvorak and find out you forgot qwerty and look like a fag hunting and pecking on any keyboard but your own

>he voluntarily gets his hand covered in some sweaty nerd's cum
when someone wants me to do something with his computer, i use ssh and my own cum-covered keyboard
don't @ me, winfags

I didn't like Dvorak because of its emphasized pinky. BEAKL was better for me.

>learning dvorak and not colemak
yeah you memed yourself pretty hard

Yeah, it's much more comfortable, but not necessarily faster.
Stick with it for a couple of weeks.

I've been using Dvorak exclusively (on my machines) for 13 years. To me, it did feel more comfortable once I learned to use it. I wouldn't go back.