Linux Distros or windows?

What OS you guys use or like?

Attached: 20180831173019_1200_675.jpg (1200x675, 34K)

they're all shit. all of them.

Windows 10 is pretty comfy desu.

Win10 for desktop/general
Mojave for laptop/work

Windows 10 ltsc

Kubuntu 18.04.

>Mojave for laptop/work
what do you work user?

I use Debian 9 With Xfce. Very good OS

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04, but it isn't just werks as all people say...

Whichever distro or os I use I always recommend this valid Sublime Text license to go with it:

This thread is almost as nice as my valid Sublime Text license. Just paste the below into the register dialog and you're good to go. No more nagware. No more 80$ for Sublime Text. Paste this into the registry field:

----- BEGIN LICENSE -----
Find IT Corporation
25 User License
EA7E-898165
86536D96 EDB1C814 4122E653 C65B8674
BD4F7115 698E2B58 EB08E543 B4119789
F67E4CD7 0BBEAF1B E90C4366 90924645
1781CCB1 43FC40E6 4F96ADA4 96F66508
CE751800 D4658F5F 3D305703 1A7EB36B
0D0D542A 214B7F54 3B9B55FA 70C268F3
067A7683 B8EECA3B 3B9F1DE2 26352632
9480A141 2BEE0623 44B46C4A 2A26EBC8
------ END LICENSE ------

Why would anyone use sublime text when you can use Notepad++ or VsCode

I came to use ubuntu in the past. I did not like it very much. Too Heavy for my 2012 pc.

W10.
It's far easier to just block a few domains in your hosts file on W10 than it is to unfuck linux.

Attached: 1551848113064.png (728x643, 763K)

Unfortunatly w10 broke my pc in the past.
I still have to buy some pieces to make it a little better. So for now I'm using a distro

8.1 on my gaming PC. MXlinux and Win 7 on grub on my laptop.

Linux doesn't need to be seriously unfucked with most distros.

And Windows 10 isn't unfucked privacy-wise or otherwise with a few blocked domain names. That's more something you can do extra on a Windows game console.

>8.1
That's like the Windows Vista of Windows.

>block a few domains in your hosts file on W10
You seriously think MS hasn't thought of that? You should assume any measures like this are worked around after every major update.

Use and like: Debian
Like but not using it: Solus

Fedora of course!

Attached: Fedora-logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 112K)

windows 10
>relatively hassle free and most software out there is made for it

i like linux to play around with but as a daily driver it's too much hassle finding equal quality replacements for software i use (adobe, artrage, some games) plus in my experience linux systems still run into fuckups more often than windows, which though usually easily fixed, just isnt worth the hassle to me. if money were no issue i'd probably use OSX. had hackintosh on my rig for a while which ran remarkably stable but then i updated the bios (stupid) and that fucked it, couldnt be bothered setting it all up again

if adobe started supporting linux i might use it again cause i do really like how easily customizable everything it. most of it is useless but it's still fun to tweak shit

Yeah. Much software companies don't support linux. Which is very sad.

I never used fedora... Is it good?

With Linux I'm scared shitless if my computer abruptly shuts down for whatever reason. Windows 10 always recovers with no issues so that's my answer.

Hmm linux fixed my errors of BSOD. I dont have this problem with linux anymore.

also among linux distros i like ubuntu and mint since their widespread (hence it's easy to find support online and most everything will be easy to install and set up) and i like the GUI for the most part, though both of them are still quite rough around the edges. i wish ubuntu had just stuck with gnome and kept polishing it, they had something good going. the unity bar is just fucking unnecessary, and it felt like a rushed decision to introduce a visual gimmick for effect.

yeah, i mean i guess it makes sense from a business perspective. i wish the various graphic design / DTP / CAD developers (blender, gimp, inkscape and whateverthefuck is out there) would just get together and settle on some common standards for consistent interfaces and file compatibility where possible. a lot of those programs are quite useful by themselves but a hassle to use together. having a consistent interface among all the adobe programs and similar shortcuts is killer. generally linux dev seems to suffer from a severe lack of standards but i guess that's just the nature of the beast. shame still, lots of potential

I wouldn't have put in the effort of getting this trip if that weren't the case.

Yeah. But it has a good side to it. Because in the last years. the amount of users migrating from windows to linux has increased considerably. It means that linux still has a lot to evolve

>Because in the last years. the amount of users migrating from windows to linux has increased considerably.
u sure? i felt like it's the opposite, but i have no idea honestly. i feel like steam supporting linux is probably good for user migration, not being able to play games used to keep a lot of people from switching i think

I don't even give a shit any more.
Windows is fine
GNU/Linux is fine
idk if OS X is fine but probably it is

haha this

thinking back on all the time i spent defending some fucking operating system on this korean basket weaving imageboard it feels really petty and retarded

Hahahaha.

>if money were no issue i'd probably use OSX

Sometimes I think about that. If money "if money was not a problem" I probably use OS X too, but , with which device?
Buying a macbook pro for desktop use? WTF
iMac Pro, such a waste of money if a I already have 2 2K IPS 27" monitors that i like...
Mac Pro? His own name says it, trash can...

There isn't a "valuable" device for desktop mac usersin my opinion.

prolly just a laptop, the high end ones have good enough performance for me and if money's not an issue, the lifespan of the laptop isnt either. i'll just hook it up to a monitor and a proper keyboard / mouse when i'm home

>good enough performance
apex kek

Attached: 1527569168792.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

sure, but i personally don't need that kind of performance. all i need is my painting software and some midrange gaymen

That's not mojave tho

>midrange gaymen
You'd need 2x $3000 macbook pros for that, a custom engineered SLI solution to tie the GPUs together, and a custom liquid nitrogen cooling solution to get 30fps in minecraft from it.

nigga what i used to play minecraft on my 2007 macbook pro like a decade ago

devuan
i don't use windows intentionally, i just deal with the pain

So all your needs would be satisfied with a simple $100 T420 with an i5-2450M.

wow u showed me

Windows, currently 8..1 and 10 at work. I tried Ubuntu, it is subpar.

I use Windows 10. Don't really care.

I personally like Ubuntu LTS, theyre stable, and they just werk for me. Only issue i am currently having is that I cant install amdgpu-pro because its missing the x.org portion of it. Wayland is cool but x.org is more stable. if anyone know a fix for the amdgpu-pro drivers on 18.50 let me know

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-12 23-49-28.png (722x503, 102K)

Linux, Windows is surisingly shitty for anything other than gayming or being an office drone, and since i am neither of those things there's no point is using such an obtuse and painful pointy-clicky UI with boring visuals and slow performance.

I use win10 cuz it just werks and shit

Windows vista

Attached: 535654.04.41.jpg (1440x1775, 257K)

Faggot

ArcaOS is the thinking man's operating system.

Attached: arcaos.jpg (770x577, 26K)

Windows + WSL

Ubuntu 18.04 pimped up.
Ashamed of it.

Ubuntu 18.10 is obviously the most based OS right now. Everything else is for trannies or jannies

Debian stable with KDE.
Will have to use Windows 10 pro for business later.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-16 03-11-51.png (734x475, 68K)

moved to linux after proton

freebsd

Attached: BSD.jpg (574x493, 27K)

But proton is a shit that needs bunch of patches to works with weeks ago games.

It's good for anyone who works

what the fuck was that?

you asked a question and got an answer dickhead.

>dosen't support docker
>not recognised by any mainstream software companies

I use Arch. If I wanted something stable I would probably end up using Fedora.

Attached: IMG_20190315_191642_077.jpg (738x989, 92K)

arch is the least shitty for me.
fpbp.

I use arch for my laptop and debian stable for my box (plus a few virtual ones).

checkem, faggot

Attached: pericheckem.png (426x462, 265K)

Gentoo on all my rigs

Used a macOS/Windows setup but now exclusively Windows.

hes trying to say a macbook is a waste of money you fucking spastic