>Need some proprietary software

Not mint
>Just no

Not Gentoo
>Only an intermediate user

Not Debian
>Don't want ancient packages

Something with a gui installer is preferred but not necessary

Attached: 1200px-NewTux.svg.png (1200x1440, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Solus?

mac os

openSUSE

Devuan master race reporting in

systemd is bloat

You can just run arch with nomodeset for the installation

Void linux

Your problem with debian can easily be remedied with flatpak. Unless you need to be bleeding edge, I highly recommend it.

Hannah Montana

>Not fedora
>>Need some proprietary software
Why is that a problem? Fedora works with proprietary stuff.

>Not Ubuntu
>>Screen tearing
?????????????????????????????

debian sid my dude

it really doesnt matter which one you pick
if youre not an absolute bloody spastic then you should be able to make any work for you
like just change the font size on arch and i cant imagine that itd be particularly difficult to fix screen tearing on ubuntu also whats wrong with mint
fucking faggot kys learn to use a computer

thread hijacking in progress
How do I get Gnome 3.32 final on Ubuntu? even the beta. It's 2 days behind and fractional scaling doesn't work yet.

make your own arch gui iso, a fucking itoddler could do it: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archiso

this
Mint did nothing wrong op is a faggot

Fedora, just use RPMFusion like 99.5% of the Fedora users.

>unsecure

kys

It's ass

I'm gonna give it a try

based

it's a pain in the ass though at least installing intelli j is

This is why Linux has a 1% market share why do i have to fix screen tearing on ubuntu why can't it just not be shit?

>Arch Wiki
>Do convoluted thing with no instructions
>just do it lel

>mint
unsecure bloatware

debian is shit

I can recommend you a free current Sublime Text license:

This thread is almost as nice as my valid Sublime Text license. Just paste the below into the register dialog and you're good to go. No more nagware. No more 80$ for Sublime Text. Paste this into the registry field:

----- BEGIN LICENSE -----
Find IT Corporation
25 User License
EA7E-898165
86536D96 EDB1C814 4122E653 C65B8674
BD4F7115 698E2B58 EB08E543 B4119789
F67E4CD7 0BBEAF1B E90C4366 90924645
1781CCB1 43FC40E6 4F96ADA4 96F66508
CE751800 D4658F5F 3D305703 1A7EB36B
0D0D542A 214B7F54 3B9B55FA 70C268F3
067A7683 B8EECA3B 3B9F1DE2 26352632
9480A141 2BEE0623 44B46C4A 2A26EBC8
------ END LICENSE ------

>debian has outdated packages
backports and apt pinning you gayboy

Attached: 1530870017186.jpg (3024x4032, 2.72M)

>IntelliJ
For Java IDEs you should really use flatpak. I use it via flatpak and it just werks.

None of these are real issues. There is no point in recommending you a distros since you will no doubt find something to autistiaclly nitpick and claim that it's keeping you from using it.

debian + backports used to be patrician tier.
Generally you could update most things except maybe the DE, which is fine anyway because if you lived through a few Gnome or KDE releases you don't want that shit updating all the time anyway.

apparently you're so much of a brainlet you can't even follow archwiki instructions. no one here will spoonfeed you

Attached: 1444865968224.jpg (800x450, 62K)

>Font is too small on the installation media on my 4k screen
setfont latarcyrheb-sun32

Debian never detects my Ethernet card

You can change the terminal font to make it bigger.

Antergos

Debian
Use backports. You might as well use apt pinning but you need to be a bit more careful with that. Debian stable + backports and flatpacks/appimages fixes your problem, a big portion of it anyway. If you just want new shit and don't care if it's buggy use apt pinning

this

>these distros are bad because they need a tiny amount of proprietary software that is unlikely to contain spyware
>which is why I'm going back to the OS that's 100% proprietary software and probably has intentional NSA backdoors

Attached: premium think.jpg (1400x800, 37K)

Nice strawman I never said I'm going back to windows now recommend a distro fag

Nobody said Kali?

Windows 10 seems about your level

templeos since you seem like a schizo autismo

Based and christpilled

Or just use Debian Testing like a sane person.

>Autismo
Ok yes maybe
>Schizo
Manjaro delays updates by several weeks to maintain stability and Solus is an independent project. How are they not less secure than other distros?

this is such stupid advice. Debian specifically tells you to not use testing since it will lag behind in critical security updates. l

>Only an intermediate user
Ubuntu is the best choice for you, and yet (You) must be a brainlet to not solve such simple task. every goddamn distro has screen tearing, because of the graphics card. you should tackle it as:
a - nvidia proprietary driver
configure vsync on its xorg.conf google it, whatever. for nvidia every open source solution behaves worse
b - gnome or kde
let their compositor do their magic, intel and amd/ati drivers handle v-sync poorly
c - whatever WM other than above
install "compton", and configure v-sync on it. fuck xfce and that shitty compositor

These are the best choices OP

Debian Unstable, Debian Testing, or run Arch using the nomodeset param so install it without your strange small font problem.

how is manjaro unsecure? just change the firewalls default policy retard

Use Ubuntu you illiterate brainlet and search the ubuntu user forum for a nvidia gpu fix

LARBS

What makes Manjaro insecure?

Linux from scratch.

Not your personal tech support

Try the BSDs

>Not Gentoo
>>Only an intermediate user
you don't need to be an advanced user to use gentoo

>Font is too small on the installation media on my 4k screen
You can change the vt font, dumbass.
You can ssh from a laptop, you mong.

Just by reading your OP you sound like a big fucking retard... try Windows 7 + IRIX

this
also this
KYS OP

Redcore

just out of curiosity, I love mint so I'm not sure why you would say: "just no" Do you not like the taste of cinnamon?

Attached: file.png (1920x1200, 1.39M)

>insecure
>buggy
>bloat
>ugly
at that point I might as well just be using windows

you want comfort?'

Ubuntu
>screen tearing

are you retarded?

insecure how?
Buggy how?
I can understand the bloat. But makes sense when you got lots of useful programs.
Ugly how?

This
Anyone who complains about old packages hasn't actually used debian or devuan
I don't really care about systemd, I just like that devuan is easy on my thinkpads' batteries

>Not Arch
>>Font is too small on the installation media on my 4k screen
you can change that with a command
Not fedora
???? so? just install it

Not Debian
debian testing or unstable?

Amazing reasons not to use a distro there newfriend

the developers take unmodified packages from debian and ubuntu, they are mixing packages without checking. They don't use hash verified packages or whatever, is just straight http without any hashes to check yourself. Security upgrades don't come in time and aren't tested to work on mint specifically. That adds up to being potentially insecure and buggy, no work environment will ever use something like this on crucial applications. The same cannot be said about debian, centos (rhel) and ubuntu. Even fedora is used by some developers to make downstream on Centos (Facebook does this).
Bloat and ugly is just the default themes and the fact that it has no net installer.
Is as shit as manjaro for the same arguments. Except you could argue Manjaro is even more shit for taking packages from arch.

I've just experienced no bugs whatsoever using Mint. I use it for my daily networking so I don't know the exact ways the system is even built. But I just haven't had any bugs running on Mint. That and I like all the packages. And, also, not tested? Are you sure? I mean, they may have tried a hodgepodge but why would it not be tested? I would think if you're making a distribution, you're probably testing it while your working on it.

Android... the only future choice

Installing gentoo is not much harder than arch if you dont customize the kernel and you can customize it when you get more experienced. also you can change the terminal font.

red flag should have been ubuntu alone screentearing

this
OP Knows

>Not fedora
>>Need some proprietary software
Fedora with RPMFusion for proprietary software.